Cannabis =Antidepressant ;-)

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
'Raw cannabis is risky'

No kidding! You can blow a lung trying to smoke a J if ya don't dry it a little first! These guys are from Saskatchewan?! 8O Tsk tsk they should know better :p

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
if 'raw marijuana' were added to the pharmacopia, it would be one of the least toxic substances available. Certainly a lot safer than Effexor or Respitril, but then it wouldn't make big Pharma billions of dollars profit off the suffering of the 'consumer'. It was used as an anti-anxiety solution for at least one hundred years before Ansinger banned it to protect Dupont's textile industry. Why are people still grappling with this? The evidence is overwhelming yet under-reported.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
These guys are from Saskatchewan?!

They are from Saskatoon, to be fair. There's something about that city that inhibits proper partying...some kind of guilt thing. :lol:

......and all the more reason for "them " to be on "therapeutic" Cannabis. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Why are people still grappling with this

don't think they are. Just the routine of paying researchers megabucks to find out what "we" already know.. :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Cannabis =Antidepress

They're grappling with it because it's tough to make money off of a plant that grows, quite literally, like a weed. The effects of he various strains are fairly well known too...you can buy plenty of books telling you which plants to grow for which effects.

There was an interesting thing on History a couple of years back. It was on how the Zulus beat the crap out of the British in some battle or another. One of the things that they found was that the shaman equipped the Zulu warriors with a certain strain of marijuana that killed pain without making you stupid, slowing the reflexes or inducing paranoia. Apparently the Zulus knew about a zillion different kind of pot plants and used them for various purposes.

Modern science is just starting to recognise the various cannibanoids and the effects they have.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Cannabis =Antidepress

Reverend Blair said:
One of the things that they found was that the shaman equipped the Zulu warriors with a certain strain of marijuana that killed pain without making you stupid, slowing the reflexes or inducing paranoia. Apparently the Zulus knew about a zillion different kind of pot plants and used them for various purposes.

Modern science is just starting to recognise the various cannibanoids and the effects they have.

Answer - I wanna be a Zulu warrior/ Sign me up. I'm going to try this for my affliction. I'll give it two months, like I have for all the other medications. Then maybe I'll apply for a medical ticket.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

For your affliction, fine. As a hobby is okay too. You don't want to be a Zulu warrior though...they won that battle, but they paid big time in the end. Even pot isn't much protection against bullets.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
They should do a study.

I’m willing to bet that the pot smoked in Canada “causes” less anxiety than the pot smoked south of the border. :wink:

Laika

Electoral Member
Apr 22, 2005
Where The Wild Things Are

I read another article recently that cannabis promotes growth of new brain cells.

I would post a link, but I forgot where I read that. *wink, wink*

:D

Mad_Hatter

Nominee Member
Oct 14, 2005
Shakedown Street
www.myspace.com
If you compare alcohol and marijuana, it is absolutely baffling why weed is illegal and booze isn't.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I read another article recently that cannabis promotes growth of new brain cells.

I heard about that on As It Happens. It was hilarious to hear the scientist try to give the facts while attempting not to encourge smoking pot.

Mad_Hatter

Nominee Member
Oct 14, 2005
Shakedown Street
www.myspace.com
Pfft. Take people in this building for example. Some get drunk and are loud, beligerent, vandalize and generally make a scene of themselves so that everybody knows about it.
Myself, I smoke a bowl, come back and hang out with my neighbour or listen to Zeppelin or Floyd, mind my business and nobody knows about it.

Now tell me, which is the lesser of two evils?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Modern science is just starting to recognise the various cannibanoids and the effects they have

.........getting a "visual" of them scientists in a lab researching cannibanoids. What a happy, relaxed bunch they are. :wink:

now .....there's a job to strive for..;-)

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Ocean Breeze said:
.........getting a "visual" of them scientists in a lab researching cannibanoids. ....
I'd like to have the frachise on the snack machines in their employee break room. :lol: