Cops handle kids' fist fight over pacifier

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
My only question to this is WHAT is a 6 year old doing with a pacifier???? Let alone two of them???

Cops handle kids' fist fight over pacifier

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) - Normally, a fight between two children over a pacifier might be resolved by their mothers. But in Pawtucket, the police had to step in. It all started Monday afternoon, when a 6-year-old boy dropped a pacifier.

Another 6-year-old boy picked it up and refused to give it back, allegedly prompting the first child to deliver a punch. Police said the boy with the pacifier then punched back.

Pawtucket Police Detective Donti Rosciti said one of the mothers called police, saying she wanted the fist fight documented because her son had three minor scratches on his face, and she didn't want his school accusing her of abuse.

A patrolman wrote up a report, then went to the home of the other child to speak with his parents, Rosciti said. He called the case very unusual.

"I've never seen a report with two kids this young," he said.

Rosciti said that as far as police are concerned, the matter is over.

"A 6-year-old can't be held criminally responsible," he said.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005/10/06/1251448-ap.html

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Jo Canadian said:
My only question to this is WHAT is a 6 year old doing with a pacifier???? Let alone two of them???
Perhaps he suffers from anxiety following recent weaning from breast feeding. :wink:

Quoting Daddy Day Care

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
There has recently been a "fad" of TEENS walking around with pacifiers in their mouths. Goes rather well with the over-sized, drooping shorts, the backwards ball-cap and the cheesy goatees....

Nothing like advertising to the world that your I.Q. and belt-size are interchangeable values.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Cops handle kids' fis

There has recently been a "fad" of TEENS walking around with pacifiers in their mouths.

Pacifiers are a great way to avoid parents wondering why your jaw is twitching. Also keeps you occupied while on Ecstasy.....

It's not a fashion fad that's for sure.