Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

neocon-hunter

Time Out
Sep 27, 2005
Cloverdale, BC
RE: Tourists to Florida G

from article:The group said it was passing out the fliers to protest Florida's new "stand your ground" law, which lets people use guns or other deadly force to defend themselves in public places without first trying to escape.

That is one stupid assinine law. I wonder how many people will just shoot people they do not like and say he/she was attacking me. Man, I see georgie is not the only "mentally ill" bush.

My that NRA sure seems to have a fair bit of clout. They really annoyed me especially that wacko Heston who is their spokesperson, when they had a gun rally in Denver just a week after Columbine. No morals at all those people.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Tourists to Florida G

neocon-hunter said:
from article:The group said it was passing out the fliers to protest Florida's new "stand your ground" law, which lets people use guns or other deadly force to defend themselves in public places without first trying to escape.

That is one stupid assinine law. I wonder how many people will just shoot people they do not like and say he/she was attacking me. Man, I see georgie is not the only "mentally ill" bush.

My that NRA sure seems to have a fair bit of clout. They really annoyed me especially that wacko Heston who is their spokesperson, when they had a gun rally in Denver just a week after Columbine. No morals at all those people.

Living in Freedom is surely not stupid. In many southern states including Oklahoma, we have always had the right to defend ourselves or personal property with whatever force is deemed necessary. After all, we live in a free society.

By the way, just for your info. Hunter, Charlton Heston has retired as President of the NRA. We now have a woman president, Sandra Froman. Clever and strategic move on the NRA's part. She will undoubtedly get more women away from the gun control camp.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Thats funny Nascar the NRA did absoulutly nothing when the cops started consficating guns in New Orleans .They said nothing did nothing .It wasn't till a week later did they even say anything ab out it 8O The NRA will not help you keep your guns they've sold out too fellar .You better start paying a little more ,Your attorney general Gonzales is all for gun control .Did you know that the Army and National Gaurd have been training to consficate your guns .Your freedom is dying quick and your hero Bush is leading the charge to kill it 8O

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Living in Freedom is surely not stupid. In many southern states including Oklahoma, we have always had the right to defend ourselves or personal property with whatever force is deemed necessary. After all, we live in a free society.

simple curiosity.........and gotta ask:

Do you memorize this stuff and then key it in here .....on a regular basis .....???? What is this "freedom" pitch all of a sudden... Freedom in the US is nothing new.....

Weird. Almost sounds like you are afraid you are losing it...

but I digress... :oops:

the US IS a very violent society. And notice how much of the violence is based on "protecting " oneself.........be it individually, nationally or internationally. Gosh , not only is it a violent society ........it is a society that is TERRIFIED.------terrified of just about everything......and every one. Those two componants/ingredients make for a potentially volatile situation at any given time. But then the psychotic bushes and other USR leaders have no clue as to PEACE......and the outcomes of their various stupid laws.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
mrmom2 said:
Thats funny Nascar the NRA did absoulutly nothing when the cops started consficating guns in New Orleans .They said nothing did nothing .It wasn't till a week later did they even say anything ab out it 8O The NRA will not help you keep your guns they've sold out too fellar .You better start paying a little more ,Your attorney general Gonzales is all for gun control .Did you know that the Army and National Gaurd have been training to consficate your guns .Your freedom is dying quick and your hero Bush is leading the charge to kill it 8O

We will always have our Second Amendment rights mrmom, so we'll always be free to own guns.

The NRA did nothing while confiscating guns in New Orleans? Who in their right mind would object to confiscating guns from the hoodlums and looters that were running rampant immediately following the hurricaine. That is silly, mrmom.

The NRA is publically applauding the state of Oklahoma for allowing employees working at any company within the state to keep their guns in their vehicles on company property while at work. Weyerhauser last year fired several employees for having guns in their cars. There are now court cases in process. What a fiasco. Let us hope the company goes out of business. Serves it right for not respecting state law.

Here's a comment from NRA Spokesman Chris W. Cox ...

We are pleased to see the State of Oklahoma guarantee such protection to law-abiding citizens who choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” said Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist. “It’s a shame several honest citizens were wrongly fired from their jobs, but Oklahoma gun owners can now store their firearms without fear of reprisal from employers.”

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Ocean Breeze said:

simple curiosity.........and gotta ask:

Do you memorize this stuff and then key it in here .....on a regular basis .....???? What is this "freedom" pitch all of a sudden... Freedom in the US is nothing new.....

Weird. Almost sounds like you are afraid you are losing it...

but I digress... :oops:

the US IS a very violent society. And notice how much of the violence is based on "protecting " oneself.........be it individually, nationally or internationally. Gosh , not only is it a violent society ........it is a society that is TERRIFIED.------terrified of just about everything......and every one. Those two componants/ingredients make for a potentially volatile situation at any given time. But then the psychotic bushes and other USR leaders have no clue as to PEACE......and the outcomes of their various stupid laws.

Of course not Ocean. Who wants to live in a restricted society or police state where only the police officers and military can carry guns? As I've said before, criminals wil rejoice if we ever (God forbid) remove the right to own guns for the law abiding civilian. They would clearly realize the only resistance they would encounter would be from the police. Crime rates would skyrocket.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
As I've said before, criminals wil rejoice if we ever (God forbid) remove the right to own guns for the law abiding civilian. They would clearly realize the only resistance they would encounter would be from the police. Crime rates would skyrocket.

How do you KNOW this for a fact?? What research data can you provide to support this claim???

( btw: I would be quite content to live in a society where only the police /authorities could legally handle/carry guns. ....thank you. If the general population wants to duke it out......they can go back to using fists. Less "collateral damage" that way too. .......and a therapeutic/ cathartic way of dealing with anger. )

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Uhm Nascar they started by banging on doors of places that were not damaged and said give us your guns 8O These were law abiding citizens that needed their guns to protect themselves from those said hoodlums .I guess you never saw the footage of the copss roughing up the old lady and taking her guns eh :roll: .What makes you think they won't take the second amendment rights away,Your fourth and fith amendments have effectivly been gutted by the patriot act.Posse comitatus is on the verge of going bye bye .Why do you think its what the writers of the constitution had in mind when they wrote that great document?No they put that stuff in because they didn't trust goverment and they were safe guards .Your freedom is going down the shitter fast

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Uhm Nascar they started by banging on doors of places that were not damaged and said give us your guns 8O These were law abiding citizens that needed their guns to protect themselves from those said hoodlums .I guess you never saw the footage of the copss roughing up the old lady and taking her guns eh :roll: .What makes you think they won't take the second amendment rights away,Your fourth and fith amendments have effectivly been gutted by the patriot act.Posse comitatus is on the verge of going bye bye .Why do you think its what the writers of the constitution had in mind when they wrote that great document?No they put that stuff in because they didn't trust goverment and they were safe guards .Your freedom is going down the shitter fast

doing a what if scenario for a sec. What if the original writers of the Constitution Document ......could come back and read the revisions etc that have been made since it's origin..... and IF they could even recognize their original premise , concept as they envisioned it........

(just an idle passing thought....... as one thinks of all the radical changes made....and being made..../or suggested. )

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I'm sure they would wonder why the people have done nothing 8O Why they aren't fighting to keep their rights Ocean :wink:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
So,in Oklahoma, when an employee is fired,he doesn't have to go home any more and rummage around for his weapon when he decides to kill his ex-fellow employees. How convenient!

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now