I think its time for the nice padded room for Mr Robertson People listen to this guy

Hollywood – Pat Robertson on Sunday said that Hurricane Katrina was God’s way of expressing its anger at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for its selection of Ellen Degeneres to host this year’s Emmy Awards. “By choosing an avowed lesbian for this national event, these Hollywood elites have clearly invited God’s wrath,” Robertson said on “The 700 Club” on Sunday. “Is it any surprise that the Almighty chose to strike at Miss Degeneres’ hometown?”
Robertson also noted that the last time Degeneres hosted the Emmys, in 2001, the September 11 terrorism attacks took place shortly before the ceremony.

“This is the second time in a row that God has invoked a disaster shortly before lesbian Ellen Degeneres hosted the Emmy Awards,” Robertson explained to his approximately one million viewers. “America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”

Robertson added that other tragedies of the past several years can be linked to Degeneres’ growing national prominence. September, 2003, for example, is both the month that her talk show debuted and when insurgents first gained a foothold in Iraq following the successful March invasion. “Now we know why things took a turn for the worse,” he explained.

In order to avoid further tragedy, Robertson called not only for the Television Academy to find a new heterosexual host, but to bar all homosexuals and bisexuals from taking part in the ceremony.

He said employees at the Christian Broadcasting Network had put together a list of 283 nominees, presenters, and invited guests at the Emmys known to be of sexually deviant persuasions.

“God already allows one awards show to promote the homosexual agenda,” Robertson declared. “But clearly He will not tolerate such sinful behavior to spread beyond the Tonys.” (external - login to view)
Martin Le Acadien
Pat failed Gospel 101, he needs to go back and read the section about the Pharisees and Sadducess.

Beatitudes would also be a good one for him to study.

Love thy neighbour would be for extra credit!
The guy is a flaming idiot and its no wonder why so many keep away from the church, look who they are lettin in.
So not only is Katrina the fault of Ellen Degeneres, but somehow 9/11 is, too?

Pat Robertson is waaaay beyond crazy.
Jo Canadian
Wow, he's good at finding scapegoats. It takes a pretty creative mind to connect the dots on that one, he could find a way to blame anything on anyone.

Or at least blame all of the earths woes on Homosexuals somehow.

Hard-Luck Henry
Ellen Degeneres is responsible for all of the world's ills. I've always said that.

(btw ... nice one, Jo )
What stuns me is, assuming for the moment that there is a God, does anyone outside of Pat Robertson believe that God cares about the Emmy show? What a fukup.
Reverend Blair
Ellen Degeneres is still famous? Why?
This site was not designed for Gospel Content...! It's more on the politics. It's a shame though, that people can make such foolish claims about God... we would have to be rather naive to believe such stuff as that... what foolish presumptions...

Well its not really about "god" per say is it? It about munipulating people and keeping them ignorant, helps fill the coffers for the long trip ^^^^^^^^^^^ there.
Reverend Blair
Ellen Degeneres is still famous? How?
In fact,this item about Robertson was first presented on an on-line satirical site.....and he did not say what's being ascribed to him.
How quickly the internet allows dissemination of information.
Reverend Blair
But why is Ellen still famous? Never mind did she get famous in the first place?
I really like her show. I don't watch it often but when I do I'm always busting a gut laughing. I think she's hilarious.
What? Ellen's gay? No one sent me that memo I suppose some smart *** is going to tell me that Elton is too

But why is Ellen still famous? Never mind did she get famous in the first place?

Wasn't it a kiss or something on her old tv show? I remember the neocons were "upset" or something.
Reverend Blair
The way I see it she only had one joke before she came out of the closet. After she came out, you'd think she'd have two jokes, but she still only had one joke. To me that's not enough for anybody to be famous.
And here all along,

I thought hurricane Katrina was God's vengence for Pat Robertson's call for the assassination Chavez. One never knows...
Anna is right, I checked, the story is bogus. Not that it matters, the guy is a scum bag!
Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

What? Ellen's gay? No one sent me that memo I suppose some smart *** is going to tell me that Elton is too

'Fraid so, missile; queer as a bottle of chips and living with The Rock.
GL Schmitt

What? Ellen's gay? . . .

Not only that, missile, but even worse, she dances!
Martin Le Acadien

Who cares.
Reverend Blair

Who cares.

My point exactly. Why do we even know this woman's name? I don't care who she sleeps with, I just expect celebrities to be deserving of their fame.