Karla Homolka

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I'm beginning to have some pity for her; only because of the people who are using her for their own reasons. Her ex employer is one dirty piece of work and those two ambush Radio Hosts are almost as despicable. So what if she outsmarted the Legal System? She did all her proscribed sentence,and should be allowed to live as she wants to.

(Mod edit: Just fixed the spelling in the title)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Karla Homulka

She did her time and no conditions should of been placed on her. You can't change deals after the fact and after the sentence was served.The crown made the deal and we (and the crown) have to live with it whether we like to or not.

Personally I think she should of recieved life but...she did not.

Edited to add I see Rona is going to close her bosses store.

Read it here

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Karla Homulka

no1important said:
She did her time and no conditions should of been placed on her. You can't change deals after the fact and after the sentence was served.The crown made the deal and we (and the crown) have to live with it whether we like to or not.

Personally I think she should of recieved life but...she did not.

Edited to add I see Rona is going to close her bosses store.

Read it here

I really believe her and that other piece of scum, Paul Bernardo should both have gotten the death penalty.

She is now regretabbly living in Montreal's south Shore. I cannot believe how liberal the folks there are allowing this degenerate of society to live umungst them. It is embarassing for me to say that I am originally from Montreal

LaoWai

May 31, 2005
Hefei PRC

She'll reoffend.

Have no pity for her.

If it was Bernardo getting out instead of "Karly Curls", would you be so sympathetic?

She and her hubby molested and killed her sister. She aided in the kidnapping, assault and deaths of two other Girls.

Be sorry for them.

French and Mahaffey got the death sentences. Now you feel sorry for karla?

Bizarro world.

WildKat

Aug 27, 2005

I don't feel bad for her at all. She was never sympathetic. She deserved more time than she got. I believe that we should have the right to know if a convicted killer is running loose and where they are.

One thing I know for sure is that I will definitely not be seeing the Karla movie when it is released.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Re: Karla Homulka

Obviously,some of you refuse to believe that people can change,or regret the past actions that caused so much damage to others. I do. Experience is one hard teacher :(

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I don't believe she has changed. She's a piece of scum, and continues to prove it. Her letters and behavior in prison don't show any character change at all. How could anyone drug/rape/kill their own sister?????

I have a soft spot for her, and it's out in the middle of the Musquash Marsh.

That said, her ex-employer acts like he was hoping to blackmail her into being his own sex slave, just by his actions. He was "in contact" with her entourage for some three months before he hired her????? Sounds like a predator to me. He's a piece of work, that's for sure.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I don't think she will re-offend. I think she'd like to, but she'll be watched where ever she goes, so she'll be missing the opportunity.

Should she have gotten more time? Yeah, but the cops and the prosecutor screwed up big time. She's done her time.

WildKat

Aug 27, 2005

missile said:
Obviously,some of you refuse to believe that people can change,or regret the past actions that caused so much damage to others. I do. Experience is one hard teacher :(

From what I've heard, she has never really apologized to the families. She has never really shown remorse. I saw her televised interview. She was just a cold hard bitch, that's it. If she really regretted what she had done, it would eat her up inside. She helped kill, rape, and torture three girls - including her sister. How can that not drive her mad if she really saw the impact of her actions?

She is a murderer. She has remained unemotional. I refuse to believe that she is truly sorry.

She paid her time our "system" handed her. It was not enough time. She should be monitored for the rest of her life. She has the luxury of living a full life, something which Leslie Mahaffy, Kristen French, and Tammy Homolka cannot do.

Some people do change. I don't think that she did. She probably won't ever kill again. That doesn't mean that she shouldn't be kept on a short leash.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.

Are you saying she doesn't regret all her time in jail? Or getting caught? Or being hounded by the media and all the local lynch mobs? Of course,she regrets her crimes. I don't like the woman or what she has done,but "hate the sin and love the sinner" is in the Bible.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005

One can never know whether she "regrets" her crimes or not.Her prison psychologists were of the opinion that she saw herself as a "victim" in the whole sordid affair, and did not take any responsibility for her part in the crimes.Partly for that reason,she was not granted an early parole.
That being said,it took the merging of two very sick personalities to do the crimes....and so,unless Karla can find yet another 'sicko' out there,she likely will not re-offend on her own.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: Karla Homulka

annabattler said:
One can never know whether she "regrets" her crimes or not.Her prison psychologists were of the opinion that she saw herself as a "victim" in the whole sordid affair, and did not take any responsibility for her part in the crimes.Partly for that reason,she was not granted an early parole.
That being said,it took the merging of two very sick personalities to do the crimes....and so,unless Karla can find yet another 'sicko' out there,she likely will not re-offend on her own.

Plenty of sickos out there for her to choose from...and I think that either she gravitates to the sickos, or they to her, as can be discerned from her choice in prison pen pal...

If she were truly repentent, she would have chosen a good old fashioned embezzler as a pen pal...

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

That woman is not repentant in the least, I'd say. Then again, there is no possible benefit for her to become a 'good citizen' since society has no intention of letting it happen. Even if her intention was to make a go of an honest life, it just can't happen, there's nowhere for her to achieve it.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

we should be mad as hell about Karla. We should be very angry with the Police for doing some of the worst investigations in Canadian history. They would have torn the house apart if it was pot they were looking for. And a Crown who would rather plea bargain than demand adequate Police gathering of evidence. A Crown who abided by the plea bargain after Karla breached its terms. And a sleazy lawyer who broke the Law by suppressing evidence. And a Judge who let it all happen. And an Attorney General who stood by and let Justice go to Hell. Instead we dump on 'poor' Karla, a psychopathic killer and sex offender. It was our legal system that let us down big time. Karla was just trying to get away with her crimes. That's her job. Not letting her get away with it was the job of the legal system.

WildKat

Aug 27, 2005

missile said:
Are you saying she doesn't regret all her time in jail? Or getting caught? Or being hounded by the media and all the local lynch mobs? Of course,she regrets her crimes. I don't like the woman or what she has done,but "hate the sin and love the sinner" is in the Bible.

Aaah. The Bible. Something which should legitimately NOT be used in debates. Not everyone believes in it, and I hate when people defend a point by quoting the Bible word for word. I was raised Catholic but am no longer religious. So anything the Bible says has no standing with me. But that's another story.

I'm saying she doesn't regret the crimes. Her actions (or lack thereof) have spoken volumes. She has not showed in any way that she is remorseful. To say that she regrets it is an assumption. What has she done or said that would make you believe this? I do think that she mentioned regret in her televised interview, she was so calm and unemotional that it just seemed like an act.

She never tried to contact the victims families (even just by writing a letter) to apologize. I'm sure that they wouldn't accept it anyways. Nothing can replace their daughters. But even just an act of reaching out to SHOW remorse would make it a little more believable.

She does see herself as a victim. She has been able to hide behind that excuse.

But that's okay. Carry on feeling sorry for a murderer who has not shown any indication that she truly is sorry. She can say so, but she hasn't shown it. Actions speak louder than words.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..

missile said:

I think it's more likely she regrets getting caught. There was something very sinister about her and it's unlikely that she really feels any remorse.

She did do her time, granted, but that doesn't mean that the people of Canada should feel that she's free to go about her life again. It's not like she dealt drugs, she killed three people. Murder, to me at least, it unforgiveable, especially in the circumstances in which she and "hubby dearest" committed it.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

The court's involvement is pretty much over though, Diamond. The press will keep an eye on her, but her sentencing cannot really be changed now even though that sentencing was the result of bad police work and an idiot prosecutor.

Switch.co

Aug 28, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Even if she does regret her crimes she is still the scum of the earth. She brutally tortured and slaughter those girls and to spit in theirr faces just a little bit more they filmed it. Whether she regrets it or not, she still did it and but my standards is therefor very unstable. No sane person would do such a disgusting thing. I hope someone goes vigilante with her and she dissapears.