Free Marc Emery

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Marc Emery was arrested for breaking a law in a country that he wasn't in. He and two of his employees face extradition to the US where the sentences are long and prison conditions bad enough that Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have expressed serious concern.

Irwin Cotler signed the paperwork that allowed this travesty to take place. As Justice Minister he is supposed to be protecting Canadians, not aiding and abetting in their persecution by a foreign government. You can e-mail Cotler at cotlei@parl.gc.ca.

You can follow the story, and learn what more you can do at Cannibis Culture, the magazine that Emery runs as part of his activism in the legalisation of marijuana.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It very likely will. The bail the Crown is asking for Williams is unreasonably high, so was the bail that Rainy had to pay. They don't want Emery to get bail at all.

This purely politically driven. Emery's activism has proven to be quite effective and the Americans don't like it one bit. If Cotler and the rest of the Martin cabinet had spines, the arrests never would happened.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Emery's goal was to call attention to himself, that was his strategy.

It would be bad enough if he was arrested and charged for breaking Canadian law, but for our government to arrest somebody for politically-motivated charges in the US is ridiculous.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It's well worth putting pressure on that government though. The Liberals are in a minority situation and vulnerable to public pressure. It only takes a few minutes to write a letter.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Free Marc Emery

Sy said:
Forget about Marc Emery! Feast your eyes on THIS Travesty:

http://www.tibet.ca/en/dalailamavisit2004/photos.shtml

I know it's old news but i just found these pics and wondered who this was helping more...gotta love photo oportunities!

Answer - how totally ignorant to try and hijack this thread with this ruse. I am totally disgusted by the involvement of the Liberal government in this DEA attempt at forcing American punishment on an honourable Canadian. I will be driving 2,500 kilometers to be in Vancouver for the Demonstration on September 10th. It will be the first demonstration for me since 1970. I hope there is going to be one in Ottawa too. The Liberals have not kept the promise of good government and now they are trying to silence dissent on bad Laws. Nobody should be in jail for pot related behaviour. For once the Senate was correct. Legalize pot. Marc Emery is up there with Riel. There are some 6 million pot smokers in Canada. Its about time to take a stand.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
would it be raining in Vancouver on Sept 10th? What to wear? Definately a rain helmet. It may be smoggy so I'll be on Ebay for a good Isreali gas mask. I'm also bringing my girlfriend's German Sheppard, just for the company. Hope to see everybody out for Marc. I'll bring the brownies

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
There are some 6 million pot smokers in Canada. Its about time to take a stand.

if we see them all here in Vancouver........should make quite a statement. "they" (the silly powers that be) might just have to pay attention.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

PoisonPete2 said:
would it be raining in Vancouver on Sept 10th? What to wear? Definately a rain helmet. It may be smoggy so I'll be on Ebay for a good Isreali gas mask. I'm also bringing my girlfriend's German Sheppard, just for the company. Hope to see everybody out for Marc. I'll bring the brownies

Sept is usually REALLY NICE here (Vancouver)...... November is a different story. :wink:

perfect protest weather. :wink:

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

PoisonPete2 said:

Just don't wear fatigues or anything remotely resembling body armour in case the crowd mistakes you for one of the cops sure to be lurking about. 8O

Of course the inevitable Darth Vader impressions would be a dead giveaway... or a big hit depending who's smokin what 8)

It's a bit too far to go for me but it sounds like it's going to be a fun protest and maybe even the politicians will get it through their thick heads that we don't like the possibility of having pot legalised constantly dangled like a carrot before our eyes, if only we follow a bit longer...

"blow your whistle, bang your gong, roll up up something to take along. It feels so good it must be wrong, we're freakin at the freakers ball" - 8) Dr. Hook 8)

edit: damn that tiny print is reeeaaaalllly tiny

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
This whole thing is crap. He has been selling seeds for years and no one cares until America cries foul.Personally I doubt he will get sent to America. This will drag on for years and years and I guess the SCOC will decide.

Maybe American Government needs to make Marijuana Legal or relax their laws on cannibas. Americans want pot and they will find a way to get it.

It is unfair to Blame Marc Emery, as he is only providing a service that apparently has a great demand south of the 49.

Doesn't America have a lot more important things to worry about these days?

Plus whats next? Arrest warrents for anyone who posts or writes any anti Bush or Anti American comments????

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The disturbing thing is that our politicians are colluding with the Bush regime on this. They kept it secret for at least 18 months until their devious little plan was hatched.