B.C. woman to be ordained as Catholic priest

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: B.C. woman to be orda

I think it's great!

Sinead O'Connor is ordained. WHich is really funny considering her feelings towards Pope John Paul (when he was alive)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: B.C. woman to be orda

Get thee to nunnery!

Why would anybody, man or woman, want to become a Catholic priest? I mean, granted the clothes are kind of natty, but it's kind of a stifling career choice.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Why,indeed,become a priest? My cousin,Michael,isn't fit to be anything else and had to make a living doing something[and secretly,I think he likes the feel of the robes!]

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Dion says he wants to uphold the Catholic traditions and teachings that have been around for more than 2,000 years.

"The priesthood of Christ is a characterization of the man himself. Jesus was a man. And we are ordained as an imitation of Him, in the person of Christ," he adds.

Answer: what a crock. If you follow the biblical story Jesus was an immaculate conception (woman and God). Man didn't figure in on that party.

The Catholic church is a masogonist cult. Let's ban hate groups. Especially those headed by Nazis.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: RE: B.C. woman to be ordained as Catholic priest

PoisonPete2 said:
Dion says he wants to uphold the Catholic traditions and teachings that have been around for more than 2,000 years.

"The priesthood of Christ is a characterization of the man himself. Jesus was a man. And we are ordained as an imitation of Him, in the person of Christ," he adds.

Answer: what a crock. If you follow the biblical story Jesus was an immaculate conception (woman and God). Man didn't figure in on that party.

The Catholic church is a masogonist cult. Let's ban hate groups. Especially those headed by Nazis.

I can feel the love in this post. How kind of you.

Now how about a mure subtle solution. My mother is Catholic, but I'm not. Sure I did my confirmation when I was twelve, but then again, all many around me were catholic so the pressure was on. While I didn't believe, I walked the walk. Later, past my teen years, I finally had the courage to say I wasn't Catholic, and have held taht stance ever sinse. Tehre you go! That means that my children will not likely become Catholic either, at least not during childhood. That also means one less person donating money to teh church. That's that!

Why is it that people today are always looking for the gung ho, let's get 'em approach to things, when the more subtle approaches, while perhaps not as newsworthy or exciting, or packed with a punch, are just as effective, if not more so?

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

Machjo said:
PoisonPete2 said:

Why is it that people today are always looking for the gung ho, let's get 'em approach to things, when the more subtle approaches, while perhaps not as newsworthy or exciting, or packed with a punch, are just as effective, if not more so?

over 3 centries 4,000,000 women were murdered under sanction of the Catholic Church. Wars were waged to spread the Faith. Genocide was resorted to when conquered Peoples wouldn't bend to Church doctrine. The current Pope subverted a Priest-led movement for social justice in Central America. In Canada, the Catholic Church committed a 'cultural genocide' against our indiginous People. Today the Catholic Church harbours many hundreds of pedophiles, caring more for the spoiled Priests than for the children they abused. Subtle approaches have never worked against this cult. They long ago forgot the Logos.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
A woman priest? Whatever floats your boat. 8)

I myself am a protestant, who beleives in God, but not neccessarily the church. I have spoken with my minister before, but in terms of dealing with personal angst, rather than belief. I don't need someone to tell me how and when to pray, or how to read the bible, if at all. I can come up with my own interpretations and pray whenever the need strikes me. But for those who need a place to go to compare Sunday clothes or social status, why not go where a woman can read and give her analysis of her readings? It's all about the same entity. And those who have a brain and are devout will have already read any given passage and formed their own interpretation

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Far as I am concerned its just an easy way to get someone to foot your bills and look after you....k that otta get me into alot of trouble.

bwhahahahhahaha

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
peapod said:
Far as I am concerned its just an easy way to get someone to foot your bills and look after you....k that otta get me into alot of trouble.

bwhahahahhahaha

I dunno Pea, I am beginning to think you like it when your knee deep into something or another :twisted: *sits back, makes popcorn and watches Pea stir the pot.. all the while hoping she isn't pea soup in the morning* 8) 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I love pea soup, the bean family is a healthy alternative to the fecking meat products offered at yur local supermarket :lol: :lol: :lol:

See now..I coulds never do this in real life...say what I really think..I woulds be hanging from a tree, rather quickly, and I suspect a aunt jemmia would lead the mob. :p But on a board..well I can say whatever I think. *looks around and snickers*

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

PoisonPete2 said:
Machjo said:
PoisonPete2 said:

over 3 centries 4,000,000 women were murdered under sanction of the Catholic Church. Wars were waged to spread the Faith. Genocide was resorted to when conquered Peoples wouldn't bend to Church doctrine. The current Pope subverted a Priest-led movement for social justice in Central America. In Canada, the Catholic Church committed a 'cultural genocide' against our indiginous People. Today the Catholic Church harbours many hundreds of pedophiles, caring more for the spoiled Priests than for the children they abused. Subtle approaches have never worked against this cult. They long ago forgot the Logos.

Church membership is dropping right now, so why rock the boat? They're not committing genocide at the moment, and pedophilia doesn't apply to all of them. Those to whom it applies ought to be punished as per the law. But right now, the Catholic church is dropping on its own, so let it. If people want to sue it, go ahead; that will drain its resourses even more.

But at the end of the day, why would you want to suddenly ban an already dieing institution just to cause backlash and endless political debate for decades to come?

Just let it die a natural death.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
This sounds dumb to me--most women I know are against other women in the priesthood,yet are committed to equality in every other field. But then,I never have understood the ladies :(