Is this police brutallity?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
That’s ridiculous....They tazer her and the were two of those Nazis there…whatever.

Tell me Twila...do you go to the Big-Boys site a lot? :wink:

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
No, she was breaking the law initially and then further broke the law by not adhering to the orders of a police officer. She showed no respect for the law or the police officer and she got no respect back. I say zap her again!

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
What makes you think those goons wouldn't zap you just for the color of your skin Das :? Thats the mentality they are operating on .They get away with that whats next? :x POLICE STATE

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't DasFX cares about things like rights.....

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
...Without a valid licence and a broken wind shield and a broken tail light. I don't know why she didn't put the phone down and leave it on. I can't say I saw her swing at the other cop though. Maybe its my survival instinct...but if someone with a gun tells you to do something...you do it.

As to the Police brutality the first time they tasered her ...I would say no, but I seem to think ( although it was hard to see) they did do it a second time. That was unecessary, that would be police brutality.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The thug of a brute tazed a woman. That is well beyond reasonable force...he could have yanked her out of the vehicle.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
mrmom2 said:
What makes you think those goons wouldn't zap you just for the color of your skin Das :? Thats the mentality they are operating on .They get away with that whats next? :x POLICE STATE

Well zapping me without cause is wrong, I personally don't try to give the police a reason to bother me. I mean he was very patient and waited a while for her to get off the phone. If she continued on the phone to the point where the officer could radio in and have another cop come, then I think she had more than enough time to get the message. Cops don't know who they are dealing with, the police didn't know her motive for stalling.

It's easy to second guess cops when you aren't one. Just like politicians.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Re: RE: Is this police brutallity?

Jay said:
The thug of a brute tazed a woman. That is well beyond reasonable force...he could have yanked her out of the vehicle.

More damage could have been done to her by yanking her out. Secondly, cops want to avoid physical intervention as it puts the officer at risk. In such close contact, could she not have drawn a hidden knife, or grabbed the officer's gun.

I mean, sure she got zapped, but that is it. No broken bones, bruises or bullet holes. Same with the officer, no injuries.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Re: RE: Is this police brutallity?

Jay said:
She was speeding....

Do you know how many violent criminals are caught on simple traffic stops. The reason for her stop shouldn't allow the officer to lower his/her guard.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Under your logic next time I get pulled over for speeding I should expect to get tazered :roll: Where are we living communist Russia? :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I suppose I've never been a big fan of cops....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Is this police brutal

Tell me Twila...do you go to the Big-Boys site a lot? Wink

Actually the radio station I listen to in the morning played this and I've been waiting and waiting for them to list it on their website. They finally did. I didn't look anyfurther then this tape. Why? Is there good stuff on it?????

I think the second taser was just brutal. No need.

I'd attempted to look this up on the interent before the radio station placed the link on their site. WHat I found disturbed me beyond belief. A coupld of stories of 5-6yrs old being tasered and a story of a pregnant women being tasered.

It's out of control

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I think we need to remember that these cops are people first.

There for no matter what training they're given they are still going to respond like people.

Maybe if we remember this about the people we hold up high we won't be so shocked and outraged when they show that they are people and make mistakes.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Please people....

She was pulled over for going 51 in a 30 MPH zone. That is reckless. Then she was driving on a suspended license which is illegal. Right from the beginning she was fighting with the cop. He gave her plenty of opportunities to cooperate and do what every person should do.

Does this woman bear any responsibility to what happened to her? Or are these two Police Officers just plain old nazi thugs for doing their job. The cop was more than patient.

Some people hate cops, but boy when you need them and they are there for you the feelings change PDQ.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I got the impression that she was worried about her safety from the conversation she was having with "mark" on the cell phone.

She mentioned that the officer was "going to shoot" her.

I think the first one may have been warranted but the second definatley was not.