A Big THANK YOU to America

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: A Big THANK YOU to America

DasFX said:
Alaskans aren't really Americans, they're more Canadian. Just like Hawaiians aren't really Americans either.

Alaskans aren't really American they're Canadian? Based on what if I may ask? And Hawaiians are not American? What are they?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Alaskans are Americans and Hawaiians are Americans.

Just because people from Quebec are French and not Canadian doesn't mean people from Alaska and Hawaii aren't Americans.

Canada has the identity problem, not the US.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Wonderful the return of the smacking eagle...just come back to try and incite some trouble between the canadians and americans here uh smack...oh um...for an eagle your not very cagey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yes I decided to stop by and see what has been going on in my absence. I figured you would miss me.

However I feel that if some Canadians are likely to speak about, and make assumptions on the loyalties of Alaskans and Hawaiians I am well within my right to speak on behalf of the French Canadian population.

"Alaskans aren't really Americans, they're more Canadian. Just like Hawaiians aren't really Americans either."

Is that not fair?

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario

EagleSmack said:

Just because people from Quebec are French and not Canadian doesn't mean people from Alaska and Hawaii aren't Americans.

Of course technically they are American, just that many don't really feel American or part of the US. Both states have their own way of thinking and doing things that is distinctly different from the 48 contiguous states. This is something I've been told from residents of both states when I visited.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
peapod said:
HA! there aint nothing fair about eagles. I know I have watched them...they are really scavengers, always looking for the easy way.

I suppose ripping those Candian fish from Canada's waters isn't fair. I suppose you need a lesson on the hunting habits of the Bald Eagle.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

DasFX said:
EagleSmack said:

Of course technically they are American, just that many don't really feel American or part of the US. Both states have their own way of thinking and doing things that is distinctly different from the 48 contiguous states. This is something I've been told from residents of both states when I visited.

Oh spare us. :roll:

Your comments are based on nothing. I've been to both states and everyone I talked to says they love their country.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Bald eagles will eat a wide variety of foods, including fish, birds, carrion, and small mammals, mollusks, and crustaceans. Some of the fish they eat are carp, suckers, bullheads, and perch . Birds that are frequent prey include gulls, waterfowl, coots, seabirds, and pigeons. They may even show up at a dump to look for bits of human food. They swoop down to seize fish or prey in their powerful, long and sharp talons. Each foot can apply 1,000 pounds of pressure. They can carry their food off, but they can only lift about half their weight. They can swim to shore with a heavy fish using their strong wings as paddles. It is also possible that they can drown if the fish weighs too much.

There you go. I suppose all predatory animals scavenge to a point. Even lions and bears scavenge. They are animals. When they are hungry, they will eat whatever they can get their beaks or claws on.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Derry McKinney said:
Those are vultures Pea

Actually Ben Franklin opposed the eagle becoming the US bird precisely because it was an unclean scavenger. He wanted the wild turkey instead.

I think the Turkey has a problem resembling the Phoenix, but the eagle fits the bill.....my thoughts only.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Five subspecies of wild turkeys still inhabit much of the United States, with a population estimated at 6.5 million. The most prevalent bird is the Eastern wild turkey (Meleagris gallopavo silvestris), whose forest territory ranges from Maine to parts of Kansas and Oklahoma. Wild turkeys are smaller in size than their domestic counterparts, with a longer neck and body. They have a rich, brown-shaded plumage with a metallic or iridescent sheen, and white and black bars on their primary wing feathers. Toms can stand up to 4 feet tall and weigh more than 20 pounds, while hens are about half that size and weight. Wild turkeys eat nuts, greens, insects, seeds, and fruit, and can live 3–4 years. Their predators include human hunters and animals who disturb their nests, such as crows, raccoons, skunks, snakes, and opossums.

I'll stick with the bald eagle over a bird who gets punked by rodents, crows, and snakes.

The Philosopher

Nominee Member
Alaskans are American anyone who says so is a moron and a bigot (yay, I accuse people of being bigots even though they probably are not). The nature of Canadian and American culture is MULTI-CULTURAL. What this means is that a Hawaiian can be completely culturally opposite of the rest of America and still be American.

Newfoundland is not very Canadian, someone once told me. In fact, Chinese people are not very Canadian either, he told me. I told him Canada was multi-cultural and that Canada does not affiliate itself with any race, creed, or lifestyle. All of these Russians, Koreans, and Jamaicans that enter Canada are Canadians the moment they take up citizenship. Are they also Russian, Korean, and Jamaican? Of course they are. Just in the same way that there are Hispanic Americans or German Americans.