Michigan court says talking penis on TV is indecent

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England
DETROIT (Reuters) - A Michigan court apparently has ended the television career of a talking penis.

A three-judge panel of the Michigan Court of Appeals declared that the talking penis, nicknamed Dick Smart, telling "purportedly humorous" jokes on a Grand Rapids, Michigan, public access cable television channel constituted indecent exposure.

The court let stand a one-day jail sentence already served by the show's creator, Timothy Huffman.

Wednesday's ruling contained a transcript of the three-minute segment that aired twice in 2000, including the voice-over lines delivered in the style of the late comedian Rodney Dangerfield: "Hi, I'm Dick Smart. I am a comedian, yeah, stand up, ha."

Huffman could not immediately be reached for comment but he told the Detroit Free Press newspaper he planned to appeal in defence of his right to freedom of speech.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
pea, i hope you saw this post.....after your comments about dickhead.com...maybe the guy that runs that site also was on public tv 8O

i wonder if the show will go into re-runs 8)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Michigan court says t

Didn't the Comedy network have a show with a talking "penis"? It was called Internet Slutts it used to air a couple years ago at 10:30 pm and I never heard of any protest against that show, But it was only on for 6 or 8 months. Wally & Murk

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Michigan court says t

But I like watching the crazy professor talk about Muslim culture on U of Winnipeg TV in the middle of the night. I have no idea what he's talking about...when he gets excited I can't even understand what he's saying...but he's very expressive.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
If the day ever comes that my appendage decides to talk to me,I will run as fast asIcan to the nearest Mental Health Clinic :lol: