Michigan court says talking ***** on TV is indecent

Col Man
DETROIT (Reuters) - A Michigan court apparently has ended the television career of a talking *****.

A three-judge panel of the Michigan Court of Appeals declared that the talking *****, nicknamed Dick Smart, telling "purportedly humorous" jokes on a Grand Rapids, Michigan, public access cable television channel constituted indecent exposure.

The court let stand a one-day jail sentence already served by the show's creator, Timothy Huffman.

Wednesday's ruling contained a transcript of the three-minute segment that aired twice in 2000, including the voice-over lines delivered in the style of the late comedian Rodney Dangerfield: "Hi, I'm Dick Smart. I am a comedian, yeah, stand up, ha."

Huffman could not immediately be reached for comment but he told the Detroit Free Press newspaper he planned to appeal in defence of his right to freedom of speech.
Col Man
Link : uk.news.yahoo.com/050512/80/fipee.html (external - login to view)
pea, i hope you saw this post.....after your comments about dickhead.com...maybe the guy that runs that site also was on public tv

i wonder if the show will go into re-runs
Didn't the Comedy network have a show with a talking "*****"? It was called Internet ****ts it used to air a couple years ago at 10:30 pm and I never heard of any protest against that show, But it was only on for 6 or 8 months. Wally & Murk (external - login to view)
Reverend Blair
Are they going to ban George Bush's press conferences too?
Well, if your not allowed talking dick heads on t.v bush cant address the nation! Bill O'Reily will have to be taken off the air too!
We may have to eliminate television from our lives entirely!
Reverend Blair
But I like watching the crazy professor talk about Muslim culture on U of Winnipeg TV in the middle of the night. I have no idea what he's talking about...when he gets excited I can't even understand what he's saying...but he's very expressive.
If the day ever comes that my appendage decides to talk to me,I will run as fast asIcan to the nearest Mental Health Clinic