Canadian police solve severed goat heads mystery

Col Man

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2005
Leeds England
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - A lazy worker, not a satanic cult, was responsible for severed goat heads that caused a scare at a Vancouver-area school, Canadian police said on Monday.

Police were called in after goat heads were twice found on a bench outside a school in nearby Chilliwack, British Columbia, prompting fears in the suburban community that it had been targeted by a satanic animal killing.

A 19-year-old worker at a local slaughterhouse has admitted he took the two heads with the intention of having them mounted, but then changed his mind and left them at the school in hopes a janitor would dispose of them.

"(Police) want to reassure the community that there were no satanic intentions in relation to these incidents," the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said, adding that the man "should have known better."

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Canadian police solve

I saw that in the paper. Weird. You would of thought he would of been serious about getting them mounted before he took them, seems odd to change his mind on the way home. So maybe there was more to it? Like he did it on purpose for a joke? He could of dumped it somewhere else less conspicuous. But some people are just hard to figure out I guess.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Canadian police solve

If this had happened in Victoria, I'd say the guy was lying about his intentions........

But it being here and myself having found a antelope carcass on the road by my house can believe that he's just plain stupid.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
No but it makes a good frisbee :lol: We used to call them sail cats 8) Because you could scrape them up and sail them like a frisbee :p