Exploding Toads

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
In Hamburg,Germany, over 1000 toads have just exploded. Scientists are baffled. So far,there isn't any environmental cause to be found,but they are checking to see if there was some runoff from some nearby horse facilities. :roll:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Apparently, it was probably a bird attack (seagulls or crows) that caused the toad-al death of the creatures. The birds were after the toads' livers. Each of the, ahem, radically expanded toads had a hole, and the liver was missing.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
No, but it's a quest now ... let's see ... I'll need a net, a firework and some matches. Hang on ... if I use explosives I won't hear the actual toady bang. Hmm ... Eureka! The old straw up the jacksy trick! That'll do nicely.

On second thoughts, I'll pass.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
You are starting to sound like my brothers henry :twisted: All you have to do is put a toad in the microwave to blow it up. 8O Unless its a nasty husband, it might be hard trying to stuff him in the mirco, use the leg of lamb to bonk him on the head first :lol: :lol:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
The microwave! Now why didn't I think of that? I mustn't be quite warped enough, yet. You should watch out, P. I might report you to PETA, for the abuse of lambs' legs.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well actually big H, it comes from a old alfred hitchcock story I saw awhile back. The lady in question bonked her nasty nagging husband on the head, with the sunday frozen leg of lamb. Than she proceeded to roast the murder weapon. When the detectives arrived, they were sure it was foul play, but could not figure out what she used for a weapon. She was very nice and polite to them, and when they commented on the wonderful smell of the leg of lamb roasting in the oven, she invited them to sit down to dinner. They did! and chowed down the murder weapon. 8)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The best,or the worst example would be the final dining scene in "Hannibal",where he is feeding part of the agent's brain to him.Yuck!

Leveller

Apr 28, 2005
Toronto
peapod said:
Well actually big H, it comes from a old alfred hitchcock story I saw awhile back. The lady in question bonked her nasty nagging husband on the head, with the sunday frozen leg of lamb. Than she proceeded to roast the murder weapon. When the detectives arrived, they were sure it was foul play, but could not figure out what she used for a weapon. She was very nice and polite to them, and when they commented on the wonderful smell of the leg of lamb roasting in the oven, she invited them to sit down to dinner. They did! and chowed down the murder weapon. 8)

There's a folk song sung by Rick Avery and Judy Greenhill that's a variation of this. In the story, a bunch of the boys get together and steal one of aunt Martha's sheep. She calls in the RCMP. The RCMP constable happens upon the crooks as they are cooking the sheep. They invite him in for "a piece of moose". At the end of the meal, the thieves promise that they will keep their eyes open and contact him if they hear anything about the stolen sheep. The RCMP constable tells them they're a fine bunch of lads and that was the best piece of moose he ever ate. Not only do the thieves get away with it, but "the mountie eats the most"!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Here is one of my favorites, but the story happens to be true 8O It happened out in langford, twila's old stomping grounds.
A resident noticed there was a cougar sitting out in front of a neigbour's house, she immediately called the police, who raced to the scene. Sure enough the cougar was sitting there. they drew their guns and approached in the stealth mode. As they got closer they noticed something different about this cat, it was way to mellow. Turns out the owner of the house was a craver, and this was his latest creation. :lol: :lol: :lol: The langford keystones. :lol:

Leveller

Apr 28, 2005
Toronto
Last year there was an open-line show on local CBC radio. The topic was: what do you do when a moose falls into your swimming pool. They had people calling in for 2 hours talking about how they had actually solved this problem! Swimming pools. Moose. Only in Canada...