Fake SealHunt Story

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
A writer for The Boston Globe was fired for sending in a totally fabricated story of our annual seal hunt. She is said to have done the entire story from the comfort of her rented Halifax hotel room[probably from the lounge,as her bloodthirsty tale of the fishermen clubbing cute little seals to death,was just a bit too imaginative!]It makes one wonder just how much of the bad publicity surrounding the hunt is just fiction.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
missile said:
A writer for The Boston Globe was fired for sending in a totally fabricated story of our annual seal hunt. She is said to have done the entire story from the comfort of her rented Halifax hotel room[probably from the lounge,as her bloodthirsty tale of the fishermen clubbing cute little seals to death,was just a bit too imaginative!]It makes one wonder just how much of the bad publicity surrounding the hunt is just fiction.

Just another example why we shouldn't always believe what we hear and read. Although, I'm fairly sure the seal hunt information is fairly accurate

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I was thinking of Greenpeace, and that staged filming of a hunter killing a seal pup from a few years back. I envy Boston for having several major newspapers.Unlike my little burg-where competition isn't a factor and honesty is dictated by it's corporate owner.It is a cruel and barbaric hunt and just about any description of it would be more or less factual.

I dunno, I find that groups like peta and stuff always blow things way out of proportion and sometimes just say things that aren't true.

I find that you can say anything liberal, and people will believe you no questions asked, yet if you take a more conservative stance you're expected to have sources.

Remember that picture of the dolphin hunt that they ran in Macleans once? Well, it was an old picture that had circulated on the internet, and I had read something about how the picture was fake (water is red from blood, yet there's no blood in the boat).

I wish publications did a better job cheking acuracy before runing something. No wonder so many people become confused and become liberals.

AirIntake

Electoral Member
Mar 9, 2005
I don't really like hunting period. But I live in Canada, where it's been part of our heritage, so I can't really say that it's wrong for the people that make a living off of it. I'd like to see all hunting banned, but to focus on seals just because they're cuter and more helpless just doesn't make sence to me.