Gas Hits A Dollar A Litre

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Gas has hit a dollar a litre in Vancouver hang on to your wallets the criminal oil cartel going to steal your money 8O

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
If it'll make you feel better, people the nunavut communities were paying over a dollar back in 1996...I wonder what the hell they're paying now?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Oh yea I agree 25 bucks for a 15 pack from the liquor store is a total joke and with gas going up its going to cost more Rev :cry:

Pemmican

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2004
Westphalia
What?? That's what beer costs in Canada? Holy crap...

In Germany, the cheepest beers are about 5 or 6 € for 24 0.33 liter bottles.
Some beers are just 19 cents/0.5 liter bottle.

On the other hand, gas is extremely expensive here, about 1,20€/liter.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Time to use a new source of fuel. And no more SUV's! For some one like me who buses and bikes everywhere, it's hard to see this as a bad thing. I only drive when I rent a car for the weekend. It saves me alot of money.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
For some one like me who buses and bikes everywhere, it's hard to see this as a bad thing.

I live in a place where we pretty much have to drive everywhere because there is no transit service out here. I still have trouble seeing this as a bad thing. It will cost us more, but it also forces people to think about what they are doing. That is a positive step forward.

It's gonna make my holidays suck though....

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I live in a place where we pretty much have to drive everywhere because there is no transit service out here.

It's the same out here in PEI, no transit whatsoever. EVERYBODY needs a car no ands-ifs-or-buts, in fact most have two*. Traffic here is constantly congested and some the road systems are outdated downtown. I'm talking one way roads and intersections that were set up in horse-and-buggy days that would confuse the hell out of you. Try make a left hand turn which seems like doing a U turn. :?

They've finally set aside some $$$ to starting a transit system but I'm not too sure how effective it'll be, the cabs will cry foul and the provincial gov't will lose cash because you constantly have to have your vehicle inspected every few months before you can even get insurance.

I just wish they could soup it up like Edmontons transit for example. These people will have no idea how much money they'll save.

*my neighbour down the road has at least 16 vehicles in his yard (there are probably more out back too) Can we say reeeeednek?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Gas Hits A Dollar A L

I have three, but one needs a motor and likely isn't going to get one.

We have a car...a '94 Olsmobile, and I have an '82 Dodge truck with a slant 6 in it. We took the truck off the road for the winter, but I don't think I'm going to do that again. It really doesn't save us any gas, in fact it costs us more gas because I have to make a special trip to pick up Mrs. Rev whenever I need the car. It was worth a shot though.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Yeah we tried that a couple years back, too. Saved a bit of money, but it meant I had to get up at 7 am, to drive my wife to work. Screw that....

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
At a 1.04 a litre in places in Van. I predict by the middle of summer it will be 1.35a litre anybody else got any predictions?

Judland

Electoral Member
Perfect timing.

The snow banks are finally gone, got the bikes tuned up last week at the bike shop, and now the car can be parked for the next seven months.

During this time of year, my wife and I try and bicycle everywhere we go (work, on errands, etc.). Just our way of telling the automobile and fossil fuel industry to stick it in their ear!

Luckily we live in a town that caters to bicyclers.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I also believe that there is a spiritual connections in all these things that make you self sufficent. People don't know how to do that anymore, they have lost it. Riding a bike not only elimates fossil fuels, but it re-connects you to the world around you. It also is good for the body. I really believe that the truth path to happiness is striving for self sufficency in everything, and casting off all these old ideas of how we are suppose to live our lives, dependent on the "system" for nearly everything. I only speak for myself.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
RE: Gas Hits A Dollar A L

If only someone would get on with inventing an engine that runs exclusively on pot-seed derived fuel we Canadians will be paying almost nothing for gas! Alternately, let's hope that funky new "aircar" gets over here soon.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
Re: RE: Gas Hits A Dollar A Litre

mrmom2 said:
At a 1.04 a litre in places in Van. I predict by the middle of summer it will be 1.35a litre anybody else got any predictions?
i'll see your 1.35 and raise you .40.

based on the latest reports, they're expecting gas to break $150/bbl by the end of the year.

i haven't owned a car in years, and i may never again