US fire on Freed Reporters car

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto
"Berlusconi summoned the U.S. ambassador and demanded to know who was responsible."

I'll tell ya, ya *removedracial epithet*. It was the morons driving like typical Italians. The idiots were speeding toward a checkpoint manned by U.S. troops in Iraq, and ignored all attempts to get them to slow down and stop. The correct response by those boys behind the barricade was to blow the crap out of that car. They did. Medals all around, and no apology.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US fire on Freed Repo

There was no check-point, Paco. It was just another military vehicle. The car wasn't speeding either, but moving at a normal speed. Your government just killed another journalist who wouldn;t write what they wanted.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
Oh really? The dead man was the lead negotiator for the Italians. I thought he was an intelligence officer. No one seems to have mentioned he was a journalist also.

You must have been reading the communist’s account of the “murder.” The one where she claimed an “avalanche of fire from a tank…” I can understand your confusion. I would have thought everyone would have been killed instantly from that description.

The communist earlier described how they almost lost control of the car by swerving to miss water puddles. Sounds like an admittance to fast driving to me. What is normal speed? Frankly, what does speed have to do with anything. They didn’t stop. A car bomb moving at 2 miles an hour is still a car bomb. Those boys did their job and they did it well.

Are Italians a race now? Canadians too, eh? How ‘bout us Americans? Are we our own race?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Too many trigger happy cowboys in the US Military. These "mistakes" are probably more common than we think. It's just not reported since most are probably Iraqi's and the US military can cover it up by saying "car bomber" or "suicide bomber" but it back fired this time.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
Paco said:
Are Italians a race now? Canadians too, eh? How ‘bout us Americans? Are we our own race?

[url=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=race said:
dictionary.com[/url]]
  1. race1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
    n.
  2. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
  3. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
  4. A genealogical line; a lineage.
  5. Humans considered as a group.
  6. Biology.
    • An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
    • A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
  7. A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.[/list:eek::094da3f510]

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

As long as you insist on using ignorant and bigoted phrasing, that phrasing will be edited, Paco. Don't like it? Tough titty

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
Re: RE: US fire on Freed Repo

no1important said:
Too many trigger happy cowboys in the US Military. These "mistakes" are probably more common than we think. It's just not reported since most are probably Iraqi's and the US military can cover it up by saying "car bomber" or "suicide bomber" but it back fired this time.

Actually they are reported. There are hundreds of accounts of women and other civilians being killed at various checkpoints throughout Iraq. If one does not stop when told to, American forces will protect themselves and fire upon a vehicle. It's standard procedure.

Reverend Blair said:
As long as you insist on using ignorant and bigoted phrasing, that phrasing will be edited, Paco. Don't like it? Tough titty

I took issue with your use of the root word "race" and not with your actions. Nothing ignorant in my use of the word. I know what it means, I know it's origins and I knew what I was doing when I wrote it. Bigot, yeah. Ignorant... nope.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
There are hundreds of accounts of women and other civilians being killed at various checkpoints throughout Iraq. If one does not stop when told to, American forces will protect themselves and fire upon a vehicle. It's standard procedure.

Yes, killing women and children is standard procedure for the US military, isn't it?

By the way, the method the US military uses for signalling people to stop at check-points is holding up a closed fist. That is, of course, the international sign for solidarity, not for stop. I think even you can understand how a people who are told they are being liberated might misunderstand that particular signal, can't you Paco?

Bigot, yeah. Ignorant... nope.

Bigotry is a sign of ignorance, Paco.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
Well, I don’t suppose this will do any good as you will only believe what you want, but…

Here is the vehicle.

The “journalist” claimed "It rained bullets. We didn't have any way of knowing where they were coming from. They fired for a few minutes.” A few minutes and one bullet hole in the windshield?

Further, let’s try some logic. The Americans tried to assassinate her? She fails to understand that she and the other Italian agent survived. The shooting stopped when the car stopped being a threat. If the US (or the troops at the checkpoint for that matter) wanted her dead, the car would have been blown to bits and you would have needed the guys from CSI to identify the remains of the Italians.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

It wasn't a check-point. You keep ignoring that little fact. It was just another military vehicle. Your picture shows a car from one angle. I can make my house look like it doesn;t need to be painted too. Your military has a record of killing members of the international press, then glossing over any attempt at a real investigation.

You're on shakey ground at best, Paco.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
Only an idiot would keep insisting there was no checkpoint when said idiot was not there to witness anything.

The photo is from an Italian newspaper. Do you assert the Italian press is covering for American soldiers?

The communist bitch claims 300 – 400 rounds were fired into her car. Was the picture deliberately taken from the front and the other 299 shots all fired from the rear?

Sgrena's boyfriend Pier Scolari said Sgrena told him "she collected handfuls of bullets on the seats" of the car. Where are they? The handfuls of bullets, I mean.

Sure, she picked up handfuls of hot lead. Freshly fired bullets are very hot. 2nd or 3rd degree burns would result. She had to have picked them up right away. The Americans would have destroyed the evidence if she didn't.:p

A NATO 5.56 round goes through glass or sheet metal and is only stopped by the fabric of a car seat? :roll:

Bullets fired into a car are found in the car. In the door. In the seats. In the carpet of the floor. They don’t grow legs and just jump up on the seat like a little puppy.

You can deny all you want, Rev, but you ain’t fooling no one. This stupid bitch is lying her ass off and you look stupid when you agree with her.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Only an idiot would keep insisting there was no checkpoint when said idiot was not there to witness anything.

Listen you abusive prick, eyewitnesses who were there tell a different story than the US military's. Given the US's record of killing civilians and targeting members of the press I tend to trust the euewitnesses over the the US military.

The photo is from an Italian newspaper. Do you assert the Italian press is covering for American soldiers?

I assert that it's a closely cropped photo that shows very little of the car. As somebody who has been trained in photography I can also tell you that photographers often zoom in on a detail like that to tell a larger story.

Yell and scream all you want, Paco. You look like an idiot with your fingers in your ears and your eyes jammed shut, but keep it up. Reporters without borders has asked the UN to do a full investigation. Seems they don't trust your military after the attack on the Palestine and the bombing of al Jazeera either. You guys have a reputation and it ain't good.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
http://www.bushflash.com/

The news has been abuzz with the incident in Iraq, this last friday.

For those who don't follow the news, I'll recap. Those who were watching the news, when the story broke, were told that Giuliana Sgrena, an italian journalist that had been held hostage by Iraqi insurgents, had been released from captivity. However, that good news was tempered by bad news, that day. We were told that Sgrena's vehicle had been fired upon by US troops, as it sped toward a US checkpoint. We were told that the vehice ignored repeated warning shots, and that troops were thus forced to open fire.

Tragically, Nicola Calipari, an italian secret service agent was killed in the incident, when he threw himself over Sgrena, in hopes of shielding her from the incoming fire.

Sgrena herself was injured, and after treatment, was put on a flight back to Italy.

Well- on the surface, it sounded like a tragic accident- a story in which the Italians were just too dumb to heed warnings, leaving the gallant defenders of the airport no other choice put to take extreme measures.

At least, again, that's what the media told us- Then, the FACTS started coming out.

It turns out that the vehicle carrying Sgrena, the driver, and the late Calipari, wasn't approaching a checkpoint, at all- in fact, they had passed through every security checkpoint, already, and were only 700 meters from the airport, when the attack took place.

It turns out that the American forces were well aware that Sgrena was on her way to the airport, for extraction. Embassies and the military had been informed of what was going down.

According to Sgrena, the car was far from "speeding", and she says that there were no warning shots- just an instant hail of gunfire. She says that one moment, the mood in the car was jubilant, and happy- the next, there were bullets tearing through the vehicle. The next thing she knew, Mr. Calipari was on top of her, in an attempt to save her life. Within seconds, Calipari had recieved a shot in the head- Sgrena says that she heard him breathing his last breath, into her ear.

This was an attempted assassination- pure and simple.

Consider the words of Sgrena: "It can't be just said that it was just an accident. We can't accept this, it is not possible."

Consider the words of her Partner, Pier Scolari: "either this was an ambush, as I think, or we are dealing with imbeciles or terrorized kids who shoot at anyone."

Consider that the soldiers' first move was to confiscate the italians' weapons and mobile phones. Sgrena and her entourage were prevented from resuming contact with Rome for more than an hour. Sgrena's car, the US claims, is now "lost," and cannot be inspected.

Consider that the soldiers who fired on the vehicle fired into the REAR seat, where Sgrena, and the late Calipari were sitting, rather than shooting at the driver, who emerged from the incident, unscathed. Consider that the US military has shown absolute disdain for journalists who refuse to be "imbedded", declining them even the most minimal of services.

Consider that Sgrena was a vehement opponent of the war in Iraq, and had written innumerable columns critical of such. Consider that she broke innumerable stories about what was going on in Fallujah, and Abu Graib.

Consider the vehement vitriol that has begun coming out, against Sgrena, since she returned, and began telling the press about what heppend. Prior to friday's incident, the corporate media was describing her as simply a "journalist"- since Sgrena began speaking out, she's suddenly "a journalist for the communist paper 'Il Manifesto'." (Expect a LOT more about that- red-baiting is the neocon's trump card- and, as a side note- this page was mirrored on the official page of the Italian communist party- does that make me a communist? But I digress.)

This story will build, in coming days- revelations are still emerging, and considering that the facts are coming from europe, rather than the United states, the facts of the matter will come out- the only problem is, the corporate media here in the US will stop paying attention, once it gets too uncomfortable to handle...

Toronto Star

Consider that Sgrena's car, reportedly 700 metres from the airport, had already cleared other U.S. military checkpoints. Still, it was drilled by bullets.

Although exactly how many bullets remains a mystery since, at last report, when the Associated Press asked to see the car — in which Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari was killed and another official injured — the U.S. military said it didn't know where the thing was.

Nice job of getting rid of the evidence there...

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
America keeps effing up in Iraq. Do they still call themselves liberators? THe Italian women who was freed said they were not at a checkpoint. They were merely driving fast. I'll believe the Italian press over American press any day. America is biased. American soldiers are trigger happy and abuse there prisoners. They f-u-c-k up all the time.