Nuke Arab Cities, it will give Savage an orgasm

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
A few posts ago I posted some of Rush Limbaugh's reactions to the prisoner abuse scandal. I didn't think it could get any worse than that, but I was wrong. Michael Savage, of Savage Nation, celebrated best selling author, host of the third most popular radio show in America, and right wing celebrity, has managed to exceed even Limbaugh. I will let him speak for himself, since I don't really know what to say:

Quote:
"I think there should be no mercy shown to these sub-humans. I believe that a thousand of them should be killed tomorrow. I think a thousand of them held in the Iraqi prison should be given 24 hour -- a trial and executed. I think they need to be shown that we are not going to roll over to them ... Instead of putting joysticks, I would have liked to have seen dynamite put in their orifices and they should be dropped from airplanes ... They should put dynamite in their behinds and drop them from 35,000 feet, the whole pack of scum out of that jail."

Remember, these are the same prisoners that the Red Cross estimates 70 to 90% of them were innocent and later released.

Quote:
Right now, even people sitting on the fence would like George Bush to drop a nuclear weapon on an Arab country. They don't even care which one it would be. I can guarantee you -- I don't need to go to Mr. Schmuck [pollster John] Zogby and ask him his opinion ... The most -- I tell you right now -- the largest percentage of Americans would like to see a nuclear weapon dropped on a major Arab capital. They don't even care which one...

"I think these people need to be forcibly converted to Christianity ... It's the only thing that can probably turn them into human beings.

I'm going to give you one further example from my background as an anthropologist just so that you -- I'm trying to put context on this because you can go crazy if you don't have the context on this, because I'm going to lead up to something of what we must do to these primitives. Because these primitives can only be treated in one way, and I don't think smallpox and a blanket is good enough incidentally ... Smallpox in a blanket, which the U.S. Army gave to the Cherokee Indians on their long march to the West, was nothing compared to what I'd like to see done to these people."

What a wonderful human being.

It doesn't stop there. He recently appeared in a live performance called Savage Uncensored in San Francisco. There he said:

- He claimed that the abuse was nothing, and that he suffered worse under his father when he was 16.

- He exclaimed that Lynndie England (the smoking, smiling, pointing guard) should be the poster girl for America's war on terror. She was having fun over there, and shows how kicking "Muslim Ass" can be fun.

- Claimed that we should kill Iraqi women, because if we don't our women will be next. He said they deserved it because our women were killed in 9/11 (obviously he drank the coolaid on the whole "Iraq was behind 9/11" insanity)

- Claimed that his greatest fantasy was to hear bombers flying overhead on their way to kill Iraqis, and that it was better than an orgasm.

Like I said with Limbaugh, it doesn't surprise me that someone thinks this way. There are crackpots and extremists on every side of the spectrum. However this guy also has 6 million listeners a week, he is a best selling author, and he has millions of people who hang on his every word for confirmation of their own beliefs. One crackpot extremist is not a problem, but when they simply represent a large portion of our country, that is what gets me worried. That is what makes me worried for the future of our country.

It sickens and saddens me. Savage in the past claimed he was the original compassionate conservative. Now I fully understand the horror that lurks behind that label.

If you want to read more, click here.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
This makes me sorry I ever suggested doing something similar. At least, I thought of giving the occupants a chance to vacate the area! This Savage is well named,isn't he?

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Disgusting. He says "as an anthropologist" this and that. Well, I'm studying Anthropology, and he obviously did not pay ANY attention during college. Calling Iraqis (and muslims it seems) "primitives" ... he would have been removed from the lecture-room!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Nuke Arab Cities, it

I never took anthropology, but it seems to me that what we call civilisation very much started in the Middle East. We still use their number system because they figured out the concept of zero. The other "primitive" society that managed that was the Incas.

Savage is an idiot. He's arrogant and ignorant. Attitudes like his...science being twisted into an excuse for colonialism and the racism inherent in it...are what got us into messes like this in the first place.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Can you imagine if he had said that about Jewish folks?

But, we all know that Savage and Howard Stern have the same publicist. They are good at what they do. They know how to grab headlines.

If a person on the street was attending an anti-war protest and attacked government policy with this same sort of outburst, they would be charged with inciting a riot!

I like controversy, but not publicity stunts like this was.

Calm

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Reverend, I always find it weird when people classify another society as being "primitive". What is primitive? How do you define that? I once read a great book by Joseph Lelyveld, Move Your Shadow (which won the Pulitzer Price), a real recommendation by the way. The book was about Apartheid. A lot of the white South Africans, especially the Afrikaners, believed that the black population was very primitive, and not even capable of managing it by themselves. It gives a great insight about how people can have such disrespect for another group, based upon the "true" belief that one group is superior to another.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Nuke Arab Cities, it

That image can very much become self-fulfilling as well. If you assume that a people are primitive and degrade their culture at the same time you are denying them a larger "modern" education, then they will fail.

We've seen examples of that all through history and all over the planet. It is a root cause in many of the world's troubled areas...one of the long term effects of the age of imperialism.

That US foreign policy is now leading the way in a new imperialism and falling into the same traps is not really surprising. It's discouraging as hell, but not surprising.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
My only comment about this post that I posted is why doesn't Paco comment on this. Is it because it shows the true face of the American right?

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Alot of the American right are cowards. They propose to send people to fight a war, brainwash there soldiers into thinking that its for the defence of there country (still dont know what Iraq as to do with 9/11) but do they inlist? Do they send THERE children? No. There children get comfey desk jobs. And when american soldiers come to canada to escape fighting in an illegal war they dont believe in, they're called cowards. Realy, the cowards are the hypocrats who support a war but dont go themselves.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto
Re: RE: Nuke Arab Cities, it will give Savage an orgasm

moghrabi said:
My only comment about this post that I posted is why doesn't Paco comment on this. Is it because it shows the true face of the American right?

A couple of comments, mog.

I don't spend that much time reading everything here. There are a lot of threads, posts, arguments I would love to respond to but I have other things going on in life that take priority.

I hate Savage. He's an idiot. He and Hannity are embarrassments to right wing views.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Paco said:
moghrabi said:

A couple of comments, mog.

I don't spend that much time reading everything here. There are a lot of threads, posts, arguments I would love to respond to but I have other things going on in life that take priority.

I hate Savage. He's an idiot. He and Hannity are embarrassments to right wing views.

Thank you Paco for your input.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Rick van Opbergen said:
Well, Paco has the right to react on the thread he wants to react on :wink:

I know Paco replied to my question. However, I was implying that if he is going to pick on my other threads, this was as good a thread to pick on. At least we came to an agreement there that we both hate that idiot called Savage.

Without asking Rick, you might not get an answer. So ask when you can.