Russia mourns.. The children are the real victims

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=2&nid=19000

At least 338 hostages, including 156 children are confirmed dead after a 48 hour siege ended in a frenzy of explosions and shooting. Most of the dead were killed when a bomb, planted by the terrorists, exploded in the school gymnasium where the hostages were being held. Russian forces then stormed the school. Inside the school the terrorists shot at the captives as they tried to escape.

This is heartbreaking. The chechnyan terrorists are using children as a tool against something they have no control over. I was watching DW news this morning and saw some images of the wounded children and I'm in awe, young young children are increasingly becoming victims to politics.

The question is: When will this stop? Will Russia ever give into the Chechnyan extremist demands? They aren't even extremists. They are sick, sick individuals.

As a reporter remarked, this is new and fertile grounds for terrorists not just in Russia, but around the world.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I hate to say it, but I think this a tactic that will work. I hate them for it, but at the same time it increases my fear. These are obviously people that hold no regard for anything other than their own fanatical beliefs.

It's one thing to be threatened myself, but if my kids are in danger - that's another story.

What kind of people shoot kids in the back?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
LadyC said:

Only the sickest of the sick could do that. They are not even humans. I have seen the footage and I was in tears.

Unfortunately, this tactic will start to work in favor of those killers as more hostages are taken and more killings of innocent people continue.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Here's another thought, though. It might actually backfire on them. The world has seen these are fanatics that will do anything, so... why should we negotiate with them?

It's difficult to fight terrorists - we play by different rules than they do.

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
www.cu2.nl
This is so terrible... every day in the newspapers how many ppl are died of it now.. on the news you see it..
But well we can't really do a thing... =\

I hope this will stop really fast and that no more people will die...
--

*My thoughts are with the people there..*

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Just about everybody with guns. Taking over a school is extreme because it tosses out any claims of it being an accident, but we've seen all sides kill children before.

Sometimes it's bombs, sometimes bullets, sometimes they are forced to be child soldiers and sometimes they just get starved. There isn't much new about this though.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Right on Reverend!!! using childern is nothing new. What could be more unfathomable than kidnapping a child and turning them into killer. And all you would have to do, to say "hey thats wrong" and I don't like it...is not wear a diamond. There is a big difference between having a nice hollywood moment about issues, but to actually do a little something, no matter how small puts your house in order.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Huh? Have I missed something? What does wearing a diamond have to do with killing kids and/or turning them into killers?

There are diamonds that don't have "blood" on them.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
No diamonds in this house, Peapod...we're not much into jewelry. You are right, Lady C...not all diamonds are blood diamonds. There is a pretty good chance that blood diamonds are being laundered through the sale of allegedly bloodless diamonds though, even Canada's. AK-47's might be cheap, but they aren't free and greed remains the closest thing to a universal religion we have.

It isn't just diamonds though. There's oil (always oil) so burning as little as possible is good. There's the WTO and World Bank. There's the whole push for globalisation. There's GM crops. I could go on, but you get the idea...

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I really want a Polar Bear diamond, although I prefer pearls and opals.

rev blair said:
There isn't much new about this though.
But usually kids are just "collateral damage" (man I hate that term) - I don't remember ever reading about a situation where kids were targetted deliberately.

And peapod - my 1/2 carat diamond came from Birks.
8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Lady C I sense you are kinda cool 8) I can smell one a mile off. Its the lumberjack in she who is me. Yes I do know the jerks from birks :D Secret: peapod has lots of diamonds to! I am really fond of my star of fishing one :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I don't really buy the collateral damage argument, Lady C. When somebody drops a bomb in a residential neighbourhood on the off chance that somebody they are after might be hiding there, that isn't collateral damage, it's bombing children.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Okay, maybe I'll try again - sometimes I don't explain well the first time. (of course, it couldn't possibly be your comprehension skills...) :wink:

If someone drops a bomb in a neighbourhood, of course there will be children killed, but were they the deliberate targets? Take hostages at a school, and there's no getting around the fact that they meant to kill/maim/terrify kids.

I hate the term collateral damage almost as much as friendly fire. They're cheap euphemisms.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
As with all terror attacks it is best to sit back for a little bit and watch the story develop. The Bali attack, Phillipine attack and Madrid all had connections to intelligence agencies. As well, the Turkish attack was SO damn convenient NOT to raise suspicion.

I was out of town (I say this as this is the only time I watch TV), and on the morning of the attacks Blair and Bush were in London.

The media coverage of the massive war protests were suddenly "out maneuvoured" by the coverage of the Turkish bombings. The protests suddenly seemed moot as now the War on Terror was on European soil.

I was watching a question and answer session with Bush and Blair and these attacks diffused any tough queries and played right into their hands.

Coverage of thousands protesting war instantly disappeared from the airwares.

German Minister of Technology (which included supervision of German intelligence - the BND), Andreas von Bülow:

"This tactic is called a “false flag operation” or a “false flag recruitment”, used by both the CIA and Mossad for purposes of propaganda. “Ninety-five percent of the work of the intelligence agencies around the world is deception and disinformation,” von Bülow said, which is widely propagated in the mainstream media creating an accepted version of events.

Russian School Siege Bears Hallmarks of Potential Staged Psy-Op

Paul Joseph Watson for Alex Jones' Prison Planet | September 5 2004

The murky events of the school siege in which hundreds of children were killed are raising disturbing questions as to which entities were actually behind the co-ordination of the attack. Subsequent developments will bring a clearer picture but many indicators point to this event being a staged psy-op.

Most prominent terror incidents over the past twenty years have been state sponsored. That is not to say that the incident in North Ossetia hasn't been a harrowing experience for the victims involved. For them, the events were all too real.

The wave of terror began when two Tupolev passenger airliners crashed within minutes of each other on the night of August 26th.

The election of the Chechen president which took place two days later saw the Kremlin's choice overwhelmingly win with a landslide. The London Guardian called it a 'farcical election'.

The Russians were the only ones to benefit from the plane crashes.

The independent Russian media, what's left of it after years of brutal crackdown, are saying that the planes were not hijacked and bombed by terrorists on board, but that the Russian air defenses purposefully shot down the airliners to then blame the Chechens. The fact that the aircraft wreckage was strewn across a large area supports the shoot down theory more so than the contention that a small shoe bomb was detonated on board.

The past track record of the FSB, the former KGB also lends credence to this contention.

There is a sub-section on Prison Planet.com within the 9/11 archive which details how the apartment bombings of the late 90’s which were blamed on the Chechens, were actually carried out by the Russian FSB. A particular example was in a place called Ryazan, where people witnessed FSB agents planting hexogen explosives, the same explosives we’re told were used to bring this plane down. The first call the 'terrorists' placed was traced to the highest office of the FSB and they were allowed to leave the country.

Whether these planes were taken down by missiles or hexogen explosives, the culprits are still unknown and I firmly believe that we’ll see yet more evidence emerge that this was a staged action, albeit sloppily carried out, as was the March train bombing in Madrid, Spain.

Furthermore, we're now told now that the black boxes were found and that they indicate the pilots tried to save the plane after the explosion had taken place. But initially they said the black boxes hadn’t recorded anything, but now suddenly, after they had blamed the Chechens, they miraculously fix themselves.

In the case of the school siege, one would expect the terrorists' identity to be clear and their demands clearly understood. In this instance, the opposite is the case as a result of a conscious effort by the Russian government to cover-up the true identity and motive of the terrorists.

Any real terrorist organization would claim responsibility for an event almost immediately. Chechen separatist leaders have stated that the Chechens had nothing to do with the plane crashes or the school siege.

The Russian government took the action of blocking all telephone communications in Beslan, supposedly to prevent the terrorists from communicating with outside organizers who were not at the scene of the events. However, if the terrorists had planned to do this, wouldn't they just use radio communications or satellite phones?

The videotape that the hostage-takers gave to the Russian authorities was blank. Why would a tape supposedly containing the demands of the terrorists be blank unless it was deliberately erased by the Russians?

Akhmed Zakayev, a special envoy to Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov, told the Caucasus Times newspaper, "a third force that brought Russian President Vladimir Putin to power” is behind all the terrorist attacks committed in Russia over the past two weeks.

For weeks myself and Alex Jones stated many times on Alex's radio show that we would probably see a major terrorist incident abroad during the Republican National Convention.

In a sick twist of fate, Bush re-election campaign commericials have been running for weeks where Bush makes reference of a mother being forced to choose between which child she wants to pick up from school in the event of a terrorist attack.

Similar stories have been carried by US news networks related to the school siege in Russia.

Was this merely a coincidence or a carefully crafted brainwashing technique. If it is deliberate then Bush and the people who control him had advanced knowledge of the school siege.

Click here to watch the Bush commercial.

There are several other contradictions to the story that haven't been resolved. Exactly how many of the terrorists escaped and where are they now?

Were FSB agents involved in gunning down any of the victims when the building was stormed?

We will continue to track the fallout of this story as more develops.
http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/september2004/050904psyop.htm

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
If you do something that you know is going to kill and maim children, then they are targets, Lady C. It isn't a matter of the kids being in the wrong place at the wrong time if they are where they belong, it's a matter of diregard for the safety of civilians and putting the lives of soldiers above those of civilians. That's a war crime, BTW.

North Ossetia differs only in that the terrorists never bothered to deny the children were targets. Does that make them more or less reprehensible than states who drop bombs on civilians, or just the same? I'd say just the same.

I kind of wondered about the false flag thing myself, Vista. Taking over a school and shooting kids in the back seems an unlikely way to gain political support. The kids cannot be construed as a political target, after all.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Rev Blair said:
The kids cannot be construed as a political target, after all.
No, but what better way to strike fear into their parents - the ones who can do what you want them to?

Maybe I'm quibbling about the targets - but taking kids as hostages seems so much more deliberate. And I hate to imagine their last hours/days.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
PEAPOD YOU GOT DIAMONDS! I knew it.

LC you gotta watch out for this girl. She's one of us, and that can be scary. Oh and Pea, LC knows all about my love affair with diamonds and other gems, she's actually helping me find what I want.

But back to topic. That whole scene made me sick to my stomach. How could any parent, regardless of religion, come even close to doing this to children.

Personally, if there was any way we could seperate those murdering "CENSORED" (big letters cause I'm really mad) I think I would take a page out of history and gas them.

FireJED

Sep 7, 2004
Lund, Sweden
www.maths.lth.se
This occurance is most frightening to anybody where it is close to. We are not Russia because we never had such big problems with kommunism and our past is not as rough but it is still to close to home for me to feel safe. The kids and the family of them must be so upset and angry at what had happened. :(

My family mourn also with the family who lost so much.