Hawking's New Black Hole Theory

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
(AP) Famed astrophysicist Stephen Hawking said Wednesday that black holes, the mysterious massive vortexes formed from collapsed stars, do not destroy everything they consume but instead eventually fire out matter and energy "in a mangled form."

Hawking's radical new thinking, presented in a paper to the 17th International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation in Dublin, capped his three-decade struggle to explain an elemental paradox in scientific thinking: How can black holes destroy all traces of consumed matter and energy, as Hawking long believed, when subatomic theory says such elements must survive in some form?.......

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/16/tech/main630203.shtml

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Yes.

And other radical new thinking by Hawking, Rees and other cosmologists speak of multi-universes occupying the same space.

Just as in classic Star Trek: The Alternative Factor.

Different universes = different dimensions. The key is how too move between these dimensions. It has been said these dimensions occupy different frequencies.

Does this explain ghosts and certain para-normal activity? A glimpse into another dimension? Another co-existing universe?

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Did you hear about his bet?

He said if he was wrong, he'd give his detractor a baseball encyclopedia.

No ego, no cheap shots back and forth...he has the class and form to change his beliefs.

We can learn a lot from these guys.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Oh yes. He is a man of his kind. I wish we can all follow his example in everything we do. This way we will not have another war.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Isnt that te truth-- but I have to tell you, when I read about his bet, I cracked up.

Apparently, he and his nemesis are nutso baseball fans!

Can you imagine listening to these two brainiancs talking baseball???

I mean, if they talk about baseball like they do about physics-- who would understand them???

LOL

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Yeah, in scientific (and medical) circles too many get caught in paradigm thinking and challenge anything that contradicts their dogma.

Hawking's change of view and how he dealt with it should wake up other closed-minded scientists.

"A new scientic truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents
and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

Max Planck

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Heres a bit of trivia-- the more virulently a scientificv 'truth' is held, the less likely it will be regarded a such as science progresses.

There are lots of examples.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
A good friend of mine and I have many science discussions (some bordering on nasty).

He is a die-hard skeptic. I am open to exploring and asking questions. Here are some accumulated quotes from our converstations...

"Some like to understand what they believe in. Others like to believe in what they understand" - STANISLAUS J LEC

"Nothing fortifies scepticism more than that there are some who are not sceptics; if all were so, they would be wrong" - BLAISE PASCAL

"Anyone who is practically acquainted with scientific work is aware that those who refuse to go beyond fact rarely get as far as fact" - T H HUXLEY

"We absolutely must leave room for doubt or there is no progress and there is no learning. There is no learning without having to pose a question". Richard P Feynman, Physicist and Nobel Laureate

"It is better to debate a question without settling it, than to settle a question without debating it." Joseph Joubert 1754-1824

Science is not powerful because it is true. It is true because it is powerful. Hilary Lawson

There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now. All that remains is more and more precise measurement. Lorn Kelvin, 1884

Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers. Bernard Haisch, Astrophysicist

"It is an establishment that persists is frenetically sweeping legitimate genres of new anomalous phenomena under its intellectual carpet, thereby denying its own well-documented heritage that anomalies are the most precious raw materials from which future science is formed." Robert Jahn