Fox News is reportedly about to cut ties with Bill O'Reilly

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Fox News is reportedly about to cut ties with Bill O'Reilly amid sexual-harassment scandal

Fox News is preparing to cut ties with primetime host and ratings star Bill O'Reilly as the commentator has become engulfed in a sexual-harassment scandal, according to reports in New York magazine and The Wall Street Journal.

Network executives are getting set to announce O'Reilly's exit from the network whose primetime lineup he spearheaded for over two decades before he returns from an impromptu vacation on April 24, according to New York magazine.

O'Reilly's vacation came on the heels of a mass advertiser exodus from his show's 8 p.m. ET time slot. Earlier this month, The New York Times broke an explosive investigation that found O'Reilly and Fox News had paid out $13 million to five women to settle sexual-harassment claims they had brought against him.

Multiple other women have accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment since. On Tuesday, an unnamed African-American woman claimed, through attorney Lisa Bloom, that O'Reilly leered at her and called her "hot chocolate" in 2008. Bloom is also representing Wendy Walsh, a former Fox News contributor who has alleged that O'Reilly reneged on an offer of employment after she rebuffed his advances and declined an invitation to his hotel suite in 2013.

Walsh and the latest unnamed accuser both reported their experiences to the Fox News hotline. Fox's parent company, 21st Century Fox, announced it was opening an investigation into O'Reilly's conduct after Walsh phoned in her claim.

In light of these allegations and O'Reilly's sponsor losses, network executives are "moving quickly" to remove him from the network, New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman reported. The biggest issue on the table, according to Sherman, is whether O'Reilly will be permitted to say goodbye to his audience, and sources say executives are leaning against allowing it. The other issue, sources say, is O'Reilly's contract, which is worth more than $20 million per year.

Debate also reportedly raged among Rupert Murdoch — who owns 21st Century Fox — and his sons about whether to keep O'Reilly, who helms the highest-rated cable news show in the country. While Murdoch wanted O'Reilly to stay on, his son, James, wanted O'Reilly out. James's brother, Lachlan, sided with him.

Fox's parent company will hold a board meeting on Thursday during which it's likely O'Reilly's fate will be determined.

source

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
If they need a new racist, misogynistic chickenhawk with delusions of adequacy, I can give 'em a steer.
Bill Clinton would be a good choice if that's what's required.
Too bad O'Really wasn't a leftie, he could have had hitlary defend him, and he would likely have got off altogether.

Oh well, good riddance to all of them IMHO
now they can all go vacation at Epstien's pizza island

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Fox News has been paying out Bill O'Reilly's accusers for decades now. They don't care about the money they had to pay or that their biggest ratings draw is a serial sexual predator. They're firing him now because it's now becoming more expensive to keep him then to have him.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Its odd how these ladies always come forward only later after they think they can gain the most for their statements. Why not say so as soon as something happens,,,,I guess their is no money in that eh.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
It is now a done deal! FOX negotiated a agreement which also prevents him from taking another TV type show for 3 years. He is a wealthy man. I often wondered when he'd get stopped. The last woman to speak up wants no money. Just for this unacceptable behavior to stop. If all of this was "Unfounded" as O'Reilly suggests why did FOX pay out 13.6 million to settle those other claims? BUT those all never admitted to any wrong doing by him. I think the sleaze was beginning to show.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Tossed out in disgrace.. 1 tyrant down one to go..

NEXT!!
How much of a raise will he get in his next performance, I mean 'job' of course? (after being found innocent with no trial)

I really need to start watching TV more. I honestly have no clue who this guy is...

Well now i do but 2 days ago i wouldnt be able to even tell you he was on Fox.
Who??

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Tucker Carlson replaces Bill O'Reilly at Fox News

Fox News' new primetime lineup.

Eric Bolling - 5pm
Martha MacCallum - 7pm
Tucker Carlson - 8pm
The Five - 9pm
Hannity - 10pm
Wouldn't they be better off knowing what the headlines will be about for the next 12 months? O'Really was too opinionated to not have to backtrack and that is worse that admitting you lie. This like him getting his blackmail payment from TPTB. Now if he can resist writing that book, . . . .
Put a grunt's helmet on him and people will tune in just to see if he made it another day on the front-lines.

Durry is part of that freak show, probably.
I got all of that except the last word?? Define please as it kicked up all sorts of flags at this end.

I wonder what Priests were doing to O-Really that causes himto blush and suck his right pinky in a slow twisting motion reminiscent of, . . . .
The 'O'Really Factory' is about to take on a whole new meaning now that Pi**agate is a 'no,no' ' word.