Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in prison cell


B00Mer
#1
Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in prison cell



Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder and was acquitted last week in a 2012 double slaying, has committed suicide in prison.

Corrections officers found Hernandez hanging in his cell at 3:05 a.m. at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley.

Hernandez, 27, was in a single cell in a general population housing unit, officials said.

He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. He also tried to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Hernandez. He was taken to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m., according to Christopher M. Fallon, of the Massachusetts Department of Correction.

Fallon said he's not aware of any suicide note written by Hernandez.

He said that officials had no concern that Hernandez was planning on taking his own life, and if there was a concern about his well-being, Hernandez would have been transferred to a mental health unit.

"This is a shocking and sad end to a very tragic series of events that has negatively impacted a number of families," District Attorney Thomas M. Quinn said.

Hernandez was serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

A jury last week found Hernandez not guilty of first-degree murder in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. Before his acquittal, Hernandez on Wednesday was seen blowing kisses to the little girl he fathered with fiancée Shayanna Jenkins.

Attorney Jose Baez, who represented Hernandez during the double murder trial, said he was shocked at the news of his client’s death.

“There were no conversations or correspondence from Aaron to his family or legal team that would have indicated anything like this was possible,” Baez said in a statement. “Aaron was looking forward to an opportunity for a second chance to prove his innocence.”

source (external - login to view)
 
coldstream
#2
This story is tragic from start to finish. I wonder what would have propelled a gifted athlete, who had just signed a $40 million dollar contract with the NE Patriots on to a murderous rampage (although he was acquitted of the murder of two strangers who happened to bump his drink in a nightclub.. he was almost definitely the gunman).

The answer i come to is drugs. He was a habitual user of cannabis.. and i suspect a user of steroids.. which in combination (and alone) can lead to paranoia, rage, violence and psychosis. 4 people dead.. for nothing. RIP i guess.. for what its worth.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

This story is tragic from start to finish. I wonder what would have propelled a gifted athlete, who had just signed a $40 million dollar contract with the NE Patriots on to a murderous rampage (although he was acquitted of the murder of two strangers who happened to bump his drink in a nightclub.. he was almost definitely the gunman).

The answer i come to is drugs. He was a habitual user of cannabis.. and i suspect a user of steroids.. which in combination (and alone) can lead to paranoia, rage, violence and psychosis. 4 people dead.. for nothing. RIP i guess.. for what its worth.

Interestingly, everybody who knows anything about Hernandez draws a completely different conclusion.
 
TenPenny
#4
I doubt it was the cannabis, more likely the steroids.


NFL is full of crazies.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I doubt it was the cannabis, more likely the steroids.


NFL is full of crazies.

His temper, immaturity, and inability to let go of his thug-life homeys was well known. Worries about his character dropped his draft status from an expected first round to fourth round. Urban Meyer, his college coach, warned the Patriots to surround him with people and keep him away from the old 'hood.

Seriously, taking your "facts" from coldstream is. . . well, pretty damn hysterical for the rest of us.
 
coldstream
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Seriously, taking your "facts" from coldstream is. . . well, pretty damn hysterical for the rest of us.

speak for yourself, bones.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

speak for yourself, bones.

You should preface your posts with "Based on my vast reservoir of ignorance and bigotry, and not one single shred of fact. . ."
 
B00Mer
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

His temper, immaturity, and inability to let go

Sounds like you're projecting.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Sounds like you're projecting.

Sounds like you're as much of an imbecile as you are a chickenhawk. You'd be a great addition to the Dancing Retards from Sagkeeng, winners of Canada's Got Talent.
 
MHz
#10
That's very sad indeed. RIP
 
B00Mer
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Sounds like you're as much of an imbecile as you are a chickenhawk. You'd be a great addition to the Dancing Retards from Sagkeeng, winners of Canada's Got Talent.

In your head 24/7 and renting out space.

 
Tecumsehsbones
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

In your head 24/7 and renting out space.

Hardly. Just another chickenhawk. The U.S., and particularly the White House, is full of them.
 
B00Mer
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Hardly. Just another chickenhawk. The U.S., and particularly the White House, is full of them.

In your head.. LOL
 
Tecumsehsbones
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

In your head.. LOL

Good news is you don't take up much space.
 
B00Mer
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Good news is you don't take up much space.

That's why I'm renting space.. lot of vacate space up here.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

That's why I'm renting space.. lot of vacate space up here.

"vacate space?"

Retard much?
 
Murphy
#17
Perhaps a silver lining. Think of all the money saved by his passing. It costs mucho dinari to keep people in jail. Maybe he felt guilty and figured to make things right by offing himself. But we'll never know, unless...

a certain individual will drop by and tell us it was aliens or the Jews.
 
taxslave
#18
Saving the taxpayers a bundle.NEXT.
 
coldstream
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

You should preface your posts with "Based on my vast reservoir of ignorance and bigotry, and not one single shred of fact. . ."



At least i don't take on the Royal 'Us' as the pulpit for my posts, proclaim myself as universal moral arbiter, not to mention spelling and grammar monitor. It all smacks of someone with delusions of grandeur.. quite unearned or deserved. In fact its a total joke, must be some kind of compensation for low self esteem or something (imho ).
 
EagleSmack
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

His temper, immaturity, and inability to let go of his thug-life homeys was well known.

The interesting part was that he didn't grow up in a bad neighborhood. He was from Bristol Connecticut for Pete's sake!
 
Tecumsehsbones
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

The interesting part was that he didn't grow up in a bad neighborhood. He was from Bristol Connecticut for Pete's sake!

The thug life in Bristol is small but very sincere. Call it bistro thug.

Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

At least i don't take on the Royal 'Us' as the pulpit for my posts, proclaim myself as universal moral arbiter, not to mention spelling and grammar monitor. It all smacks of someone with delusions of grandeur.. quite unearned or deserved. In fact its a total joke, must be some kind of compensation for low self esteem or something (imho ).

You should make that "imco." But your many self-proclaimed virtues still fail to mask the fact that you shoot from the hip based on bigotry and ignorance.
 
Ludlow
#22
The man is dead. Why not just stfu? Especially you bones.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

The man is dead. Why not just stfu? Especially you bones.

I will give you a full list of my reasons:

1. I don't feel like it.
 
Ludlow
#24
Figures
 
Tecumsehsbones
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Figures

Indeed, sir.

Reading the thread carefully, you may note that I didn't jump in until coldstream started in with his "He's a non-white NFL player, so he must be a roided-up, drug-addled thug" horseshit.
 
TenPenny
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

The man is dead. Why not just stfu? Especially you bones.



So is the guy he killed.
 
Ludlow
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

So is the guy he killed.

Yeah. It's all bad.
 
MHz
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

The man is dead. Why not just stfu? Especially you bones.

Two rope burns, only one rope. . . . .
 

Similar Threads

2
Israel Attacks Prison: 2 dead
by Jersay | Mar 15th, 2006
no new posts