North Korean missile test fails, US and South Korea say

Murphy
The more things change, the more they stay the same. The N. Koreans must need more foreign aid. In a nutshell, their test failed. Quelle surprise.

North Korean missile test fails, US and South Korea say

Seoul, South Korea (CNN)An attempted projectile launch by North Korea on Sunday failed, US and South Korean defense officials told CNN.

A South Korean defense official said the action took place in Sinpo, a port city in eastern North Korea. That was the site of a ballistic missile test earlier this month in which the projectile fell into the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea.

The North Koreans use Sinpo shipyard for their submarine activity, and US satellites have observed increased activity there in April, a US official said at the time of the previous test.

South Korean and US intelligence officials are trying to determine what type of missile was used Sunday.

The rest here. Ici la. Below.

South Korea: North Korean missile test fails - CNN.com (external - login to view)

Jinentonix
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
OH well, maybe one day they'll be able to build a missile that can travel farther than the blast radius of the warhead they hope to put on it.
North Korea keeps proving itself to be the short bus of nations. Man I really feel for the poor souls trapped in that hell hole.

spaminator
'We will respond to an all-out war with an all-out war'; North Korea flaunts mis

spaminator
Just say no to bully Kim | STROBEL | World | News | Toronto Sun

spaminator
U.S. Vice-President Mike Pence warns North Korea ’era of strategic patience is over’

B00Mer
So WTF are they going to do.. Trump isn't that crazy to start Nuclear war, eh?

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

So WTF are they going to do.. Trump isn't that crazy to start Nuclear war, eh?

Crazy, no ... ignorant, yes ...

Murphy
The only wrinkle I can see in any country attacking N. Korea is their close proximity to China, and possibly Japan. It would have to start as a conventional strike with cooperation from China. Either they help or do not interfere.

If N. Korea managed to launch a nuke, then all bets are off.

taxslave
Li'Kim has projectile problems.

Murphy
+1
Projectile dysfunction.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

The only wrinkle I can see in any country attacking N. Korea is their close proximity to China, and possibly Japan. It would have to start as a conventional strike with cooperation from China. Either they help or do not interfere.

If N. Korea managed to launch a nuke, then all bets are off.

Then there's the "wrinkle" of let's say we stomp NK flat. Certainly no big trick if we want to do it. What then?

MHz
Perhaps that is as high as it needs to go before it is meant to go 'bang'.

I assume the US is still tracking those 60 NK subs.

Danbones
Right.... Americans love to brag but.... how many tomahawks hit their targets in Syria again?

Shayrat Airfield in Homs, Syria is seen in this DigitalGlobe satellite image released by the US Defence Department on April 6 after announcing US forces conducted a cruise missile strike against the Syrian Air Force airfield.(Reuters/DigitalGlobe)
nice un damaged runways they got there

‘Low efficiency’: Only 23 Tomahawk missiles out of 59 reached Syrian airfield, Russian MoD says
https://www.rt.com/news/383858-syria...e-inefficient/ (external - login to view)

oh that's why:
60 million dollar murkin limp dik

...and no wonder lil Kim's missile failed:
he got the tech from SOROS, the clintons, and rumnsfeld in the first place

Murphy
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Then there's the "wrinkle" of let's say we stomp NK flat. Certainly no big trick if we want to do it. What then?

There is a difference between wanting to stomp them flat and needing to. (As much fun fun as a good, old fashioned ass whoopin' would be.)

In the past, NK has made a fuss and countries, including the US, have tossed aid at them. China really doesn't seem to do that much to keep them well behaved - at least, that the world can see. Perhaps they do their best work behind the scenes.

What the rest of the world thinks aside, if China decided to go into NK and toss out the current regime, I seriously doubt that they would have much opposition from the Little Dictator. I expect that there would be secret meetings before this would occur, so that the US wouldn't be taken off guard.

Who knows what would happen after the dust settles? Maybe re-join North and South Korea. Have another source of cheap electronics.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

There is a difference between wanting to stomp them flat and needing to. (As much fun fun as a good, old fashioned ass whoopin' would be.)

Not in America. In case you hadn't noticed, we pretty much wander around stomping countries whenever we feel like it. Mexico. Cuba. Dominica. Nicaragua. Vietnam. Laos. Cambodia. Iraq.

Quote:

In the past, NK has made a fuss and countries, including the US, have tossed aid at them. China really doesn't seem to do that much to keep them well behaved - at least, that the world can see. Perhaps they do their best work behind the scenes.

What the rest of the world thinks aside, if China decided to go into NK and toss out the current regime, I seriously doubt that they would have much opposition from the Little Dictator. I expect that there would be secret meetings before this would occur, so that the US wouldn't be taken off guard.

Could be. I'm not sure how anybody can figure what the Chinese'll do.

Quote:

Who knows what would happen after the dust settles? Maybe re-join North and South Korea. Have another source of cheap electronics.

I think assuming the "German model" would work in Korea is pretty risky.

Cliffy
+1

spaminator
Haley won’t rule out strike vs North Korea for nuke testing

Kreskin
+1

Cliffy
+1

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

But you're all about love and harmony, right?

B00Mer
+1