Not too much coming out of Afghanistan

Murphy
+2
#61  Top Rated Post
I know if you and I were in a room, I'd be the only adult.

The blast would have acted in several ways. First, It would have compressed the air in the cave and tunnels. That would have affected the upper area. Even with adequate ventilation, the air moving through it would have created damage, debris and areas of intense pressure. In certain areas it would have been so violent that anything soft would have been torn apart. Ears would pop, soft tissue damage would have occurred.

Second, the concussion would have acted on the land itself. Depending on where the bomb detonated in relation to the tunnels, upper and mid levels would have collapsed and the concussion would have killed anyone in those areas.

Third, anything flammable or explosive that was exposed may have exploded or caught fire. That would rob the areas below of oxygen. Like a mine collapse. The amount of dust moving around would have choked a number of people as well.

It is unlikely that it would have damaged or destroyed to the bottom, but damage would be significant. Many people would have died.

You don't have to take out the entire structure. Just select parts. Explosives was my business in the military. The reason the MOAB was selected was, in large measure, because of the overwhelming concussion that would have damaged or destroyed a good portion of what was inside. It will be necessary to crawl the area - if it is safe - to fully determine the total extent of the damage.

That is why the body count will increase.

tay
+1
And the concussion would have slammed people up against rocks and walls within the stronger caves.

We may never know the total number of dead, but in the article I posted above, the locals said that at times there were a few hundred in the area of the caves........

MHz
The 'butterfly effect on the chest cavity when in close proximity to the detonation of high explosive it turn all the organs into 'jelly'. Hitting the wall at speed is a bonus I suppose as those injuries would eventually cause their death anyway.
What happens when that concussion hits a blast door that would have most of the cave in behind it?
Does a coffee cup jiggle but remain upright?

With a bunker buster embedding itself into the rock before exploding would that not extend the damage past the blast doors that no longer function as designed? Mini earthquake if you will.

Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

And the concussion would have slammed people up against rocks and walls within the stronger caves.

We may never know the total number of dead, but in the article I posted above, the locals said that at times there were a few hundred in the area of the caves........

Turn a few corners and the sound would diminish. An air blast isn't going to create an earthquake. One of the traits of the air/fuel type is it creates a lot of heat so along with the damages from the air when the shock-wave goes through it so anything that will ignite at 500F does so and that is why car tires within a blast zone are the first things to catch fire rather than the last. Gas tanks explode after the black smoke is rising. Most combustible things like paint on a car will be intact on one side but missing on the other side if the fire is a brief one.
The pictures of the assassination in Beirut in 2005 are the first ones where an HE explosion fro above was used to simulate a truck bomb going off in a high security zone. The STL thingy the UN was supposed to have never happened, it just sort of got lost I guess. Still the incident and investigation has lots of photos and similar explosions leave similar traces. Meaning, some of the car bombs might be hits from an anti-tank weapon that targets a specific car that is well within the inner parts of a security perimeter. That car is blamed for the explosion so the security perimeter isn't expanded to include all the high-ground that is in sight.

In the above attack it was bodies that were toast on one side and the suit wasn't even scorched on the other side type of thing. Being that close to a HE explosion the blast wave would have dissected him to a high degree. Anything but that happened in fact.

Several car bombs in Syria could be shown to be missile strikes instead based on timing and damage, or lack of if the UN inspectors are within sight. The double tap at a University should be investigated as a war crime as the 2nd explosion was directed at the people who were acting as medics to the victims of the first explosion.

There is one vid of a car being blasted way up into the air and just before gravity takes possession the gas tank explodes. I look at the whole car was above the explosion so a bomb coming in at a high angle of attack would explode between the car and the road and since the road isn't going anywhere the car is launched upward 100 ft (according to the vid that is about it).

At a (war-crimes) trial these days the charges would be based what vid is available that makes a guilty plea the only sane one and ratting out all the ones above you rather than below is the type of deal that lets you serve a short time rather than a long time.

Murphy
Thanks for your learned opinion. They could have used you at the Pentagon when the drop was being planned.

You run down Trump, calling him an idiot, and then you post stuff like this. With your vast knowledge, you should beworking at the Pentagon. Your job would be explaining what the military people don't know. The Jews probably tricked the US into using a MOAB.

Is it any wonder everyone thinks you're a moron?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

Thanks for your learned opinion. They could have used you at the Pentagon when the drop was being planned.

You run down Trump, calling him an idiot, and then you post stuff like this. With your vast knowledge, you should beworking at the Pentagon. Your job would be explaining what the military people don't know. The Jews probably tricked the US into using a MOAB.

Is it any wonder everyone thinks you're a moron?

I don't think he's a moron.

I think he's a lunatic.

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I don't think he's a moron.

I think he's a lunatic.

Can i be a moron? Can i? Pleeease oh gawd can i..... lol

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

No. Moron is taken.

You may be. . . . an imbecile! Perhaps a dotard. Oh, hey! How bout a witterling?

Witterling's kinda cool.

Murphy
The only good thing about Mhz being a moron is that no one expects much of him. When he says or does stupid things, people aren't angry or even disappointed. They just ignore him.

Johnnny

No. Moron is taken.

You may be. . . . an imbecile! Perhaps a dotard. Oh, hey! How bout a witterling?

Witterling's kinda cool.

Ill take it!!!!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

The only good thing about him being a moron is that no one expects much of Mhz. When he says or does stupid things, people aren't angry or even disappointed. They just ignore him.

We try to get him to stay on his meds, but there's only so much we can do.

MHz
Add a bit of gypsy vision and suddenly nobody wants to play anymore.

Need I have to go on??

We try to get him to stay on his meds, but there's only so much we can do.

Nothing to be done about you being a singular being but speaking in the plural as if that was something a 'normal' person does. 'Nay,Nat I say.'

Nothing to hear here. Moove along cattle.

Curious Cdn

Done and done!

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Oh the wonders of war. Sounds like a bunch of guys on here get a proxy erection from Trump's big orgasm last night. Y'all be sickos.

I suggest you go be a negotiator on behalf of NATO. The Taliba and ISIS love dirt worshipping heathens far more than Christians and Jews.

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Done and done!

Excellent!!!

Now im just missing the jade monkey and road maps... mwhahahaha!!!

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Done and done!

Like he has any choice?? and like you have any authority to pass more that a shit??? Over-rated and under-qualified. So it be spoke, so it be wrote, so it be done.

Excellent!!!

Now im just missing the jade monkey and road maps... mwhahahaha!!!

The monkey had the maps, . . . .try reassembling it from monkey poo, shitheads.

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

The monkey had the maps, . . . .try reassembling it from monkey poo, shitheads.

You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch people's heads a'roll
A'roll, a' roll

MHz
That's what they all say.Starts out os good clean fun and before you know it somebody gets hurt, sometimes real bad.'