Bill C-6 gives terrorists Can. Citizenship

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Get on Canada's team

Bill C-6, which proposes changes to the Citizenship Act does a number of troubling things:

- removes the right to revoke citizenships from dual nationals convicted terrorists;

- ends the obligation for new citizens 14-18 and 55-65 to know either English or French or even pass a citizenship test;

- reduces the number of days someone must spend in Canada before they are eligible for citizenship;

- eliminates the obligation that a new citizen will have to “intend” to reside in Canada.

Canada is a generous country. We allow new citizens, under most conditions, to retain the passport of their birth. These individuals become fully eligible for all the benefits from our generous social safety net that Canadians have worked so hard over generations to provide.

These benefits include but are not limited to our universal health care system, Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement, as well as access to our education system.

Canadians ask that their new neighbours learn one of the official languages, have some knowledge of Canada and our geography, and have a clear understanding of their rights as Canadians as well as their responsibility to our country as per the oath they swear.

Bill C-6 alters radically these terms and conditions, shifting and disturbing in revolutionary ways the "contract" that has so successfully managed the expectations and understandings between new arrivals and existing citizens.

The government's own statistics confirm that 300,000 individuals over 10 years will be exempt having to learn one of the two official languages, that is if the government rejects the minor amendment passed by the senate last week. This will make integration into English Canada or French Quebec harder while promoting ghettoization.

I am most concerned about the radical liberal view that once a dual national is granted citizenship, Canada should not revoke it, especially if the individual is convicted of a serious terrorist offence.

The current law allows for the revocation of citizenship if someone lies or commits a war crime. But if an individual is convicted for terrorism, they will be able to keep Canadian passport and all the benefits that go with it.

It is ironic that the government supports the view that if you lied to get into Canada, you can lose your citizenship, but if you are a dual national Canadian who is convicted for a serious terrorism offence, you cannot have your citizenship revoked.

The terrorist threat in Canada is real. Of the 218 counter-terrorism targets under investigation by CSIS today, approximately 60 are either dual nationals or permanent residents (not yet citizens). Approximately 180 individuals with a nexus to Canada are engaged in terrorist activity abroad and an additional 60 have returned and are on our streets.

That is why I will be introducing an amendment to strengthen our citizenship laws by allowing a sentencing judge to be able to, at his or her discretion, revoke the citizenship of someone convicted of a serious terrorism crime.

This amendment will remove political discretion and leave revocation to the sentencing judge. The individual will have the right to appeal; however, my amendment will preserve the principle that citizenship is a privilege, not a right.

Putting Canada first is not a partisan issue. It is about what type of country we wish to have and what values we wish to remain intact. 86% of Canadians support revocation of citizenship for terrorism.

Join me in urging all senators to get on Canada’s team by ensuring we can revoke the citizenship of convicted terrorists, like 34 other countries presently do.

Daniel Lang serves as the Chair of the National Security ..

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
LIE-beral prime minster Pierre Trudeau stated that the war between Britain and Nazi Germany was a war of British Imperialism. Our idiot Pet has passed on his vile hatred of Cdn values to his son - Our foolish Boy Justin and he is busy carrying on implementing his parents twisted values!

Consider this:

Here is a common sense article that Our brainless Boy Justin ought to heed-but very likely won`t! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Here’s why I fear Islam, Prime Minister

By Lorrie Goldstein, Toronto Sun. First posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 05:26 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 05:34 PM EST

Police probe imams' sermons

With the greatest respect to Justin Trudeau, Liberal MP Iqra Khalid and the federal Liberal caucus, it’s none of your damn business whether I have a fear of Islam, which is what “Islamophobia” means.

As a Jew, my fear of Islam - pertaining specifically to that malignant and widespread strain of it that hates Jews - is completely rational.

But even if it was irrational, it is not the business of the government to tell me how I should FEEL about anything. That’s what dictatorships (many of them Islamic, which have driven Jews out of their countries) do.

In a democracy, the proper role of government is to prevent me from ACTING in a bigoted manner towards Muslims because of my feelings, regardless of whether they are rational.

I am also capable of fearing that malignant and widespread strain of Islam that hates Jews, while being outraged by the massacre of innocent Muslims peacefully praying in a Quebec mosque.

I condemn that vile ACT, along with all ACTS of anti-Muslim bigotry, which have nothing to do with my rational fear of that malignant and widespread strain of Islam that hates Jews.

I also condemn the death threats my Sun colleague, Tarek Fatah, a Muslim, constantly faces from followers of Islam for his views critical of Islam as it is practised in large parts of the Islamic world, including by some Muslims in Canada.

My fear of that malignant and widespread strain of Islam that hates Jews is well-founded.

In the modern era alone, I can draw a line from the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, siding with Hitler and the Nazis in the Second World War, starting in November, 1941, to Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, calling the Jewish state of Israel a “fake” nation and a “dirty chapter” of history on Tuesday.

I can quote from the 1988 Jew-hating charter of Hamas, the elected government in Gaza, which says: “Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it ...

“Our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious ... The (Islamic Resistance) Movement is but one squadron that should be supported by more and more squadrons from this vast Arab and Islamic world, until the enemy is vanquished and Allah’s victory is realized.”

“Hamas has been looking forward to implementing Allah’s promise whatever time it might take. The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: ‘O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him!’

“The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Israel is an Islamic Waqf, consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgment Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered; it or any part of it, should not be given up.”

“Initiatives and so-called peaceful resolutions and international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement ...

(This makes American presidential efforts to get Jews and Muslims talking peace in the Middle East look rather futile?)

“Leaving the circle of struggle with Zionism is high treason and cursed be he who does that ... ’’

Finally I can cite diatribes from imams in Canada who are frequently exposed calling for death to the Jews in their sermons and describing the Jewish people as “filth”.

So don’t tell me, Prime Minister, that I have no right to fear that malignant but widespread strain of Islam that hates Jews.

(Frankly there is clear and constant proof that any person who sides with a Jew in any dispute- no matter how small, against the Muslim cause has just as much reason to suffer from “Islamophobia as any Jew! But Our brainless Boy Justin does not care-there are Muslim votes to be BOUGHT and political power to be grabbed by our self absorbed leader!)

Get on Canada's team

Bill C-6, which proposes changes to the Citizenship Act does a number of troubling things:

- removes the right to revoke citizenships from dual nationals convicted terrorists;

- ends the obligation for new citizens 14-18 and 55-65 to know either English or French or even pass a citizenship test;

- reduces the number of days someone must spend in Canada before they are eligible for citizenship;

- eliminates the obligation that a new citizen will have to “intend” to reside in Canada.

Canada is a generous country. We allow new citizens, under most conditions, to retain the passport of their birth. These individuals become fully eligible for all the benefits from our generous social safety net that Canadians have worked so hard over generations to provide.

These benefits include but are not limited to our universal health care system, Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement, as well as access to our education system.

Canadians ask that their new neighbours learn one of the official languages, have some knowledge of Canada and our geography, and have a clear understanding of their rights as Canadians as well as their responsibility to our country as per the oath they swear.

Bill C-6 alters radically these terms and conditions, shifting and disturbing in revolutionary ways the "contract" that has so successfully managed the expectations and understandings between new arrivals and existing citizens.

The government's own statistics confirm that 300,000 individuals over 10 years will be exempt having to learn one of the two official languages, that is if the government rejects the minor amendment passed by the senate last week. This will make integration into English Canada or French Quebec harder while promoting ghettoization.

I am most concerned about the radical liberal view that once a dual national is granted citizenship, Canada should not revoke it, especially if the individual is convicted of a serious terrorist offence.

The current law allows for the revocation of citizenship if someone lies or commits a war crime. But if an individual is convicted for terrorism, they will be able to keep Canadian passport and all the benefits that go with it.

It is ironic that the government supports the view that if you lied to get into Canada, you can lose your citizenship, but if you are a dual national Canadian who is convicted for a serious terrorism offence, you cannot have your citizenship revoked.

The terrorist threat in Canada is real. Of the 218 counter-terrorism targets under investigation by CSIS today, approximately 60 are either dual nationals or permanent residents (not yet citizens). Approximately 180 individuals with a nexus to Canada are engaged in terrorist activity abroad and an additional 60 have returned and are on our streets.

That is why I will be introducing an amendment to strengthen our citizenship laws by allowing a sentencing judge to be able to, at his or her discretion, revoke the citizenship of someone convicted of a serious terrorism crime.

This amendment will remove political discretion and leave revocation to the sentencing judge. The individual will have the right to appeal; however, my amendment will preserve the principle that citizenship is a privilege, not a right.

Putting Canada first is not a partisan issue. It is about what type of country we wish to have and what values we wish to remain intact. 86% of Canadians support revocation of citizenship for terrorism.

Join me in urging all senators to get on Canada’s team by ensuring we can revoke the citizenship of convicted terrorists, like 34 other countries presently do.

Daniel Lang serves as the Chair of the National Security ..

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It repeals controversial provisions of the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act created by the xenophobic hysteria of the previous government.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
So in the past he sits back and says he will wait for the UN to say the Genocide ISIS waged on the Yazidis is only a genocide once the UN tells him so. Forget the cons tried to start a motion on it before the UN.

Not a leader

But he will go out of his way to protect the rights of people who are proven to be terrorists....

Not a leader

Who is this goof again?

It repeals controversial provisions of the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act created by the xenophobic hysteria of the previous government.

If proven

A terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist.

Nothing xenophobic in revoking the citizenship from a proven terrorist

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada

There,,, I'm xenophobic eh!!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If proven

A terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist.

Nothing xenophobic in revoking the citizenship from a proven terrorist

That particular provision isn't xenophobic exactly but it is in practice. It creates two tiers of citizenship. Because the government can't revoke the citizenship of people with only one citizenship, it only allows the government the power to revoke the citizenship of dual citizens. Which is basically discriminating against people not originally from Canada.

Are YOU a Canadian citizen?

He wouldn't pass a Canadian values test.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Those with dual citizenship in Canada discrimate against those born in Canada and only have one citizenship.

I'll give an A for effort on that one. Coming up with that little piece of nonsense is probably the hardest your tiny idiot brain can work.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Clearly you are an ill informed LIE-beral- Our idiot Boy Justin is using the bill to RESTORE citizenship to the convicted leader of the Toronto 18! The idiot BOY has spoken of this in parliament!

You remember the Muslim 18 dont you? The Muslim clowns who decided it would be fun to machine gun the Toronto stock exchange, bomb parliament and behead the prime minister! Give me one HONEST reason why LIE-berals should not ship that guys ass back to Egypt? Tell me ONE benefit to Canada in this restoration of citizenship to a TERRORIST!

And please dont blather about the lack of actual blood shed-if you are buying guns and explosives and running training exercises and studying the layout of your target buildings you don't have much legal smoke to hide behind now do you?

AS a convicted Muslim terrorist the guy will probably be welcomed home in Egypt with celebrity status!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hey-the much under rated-by LIE-berals-Toronto Sun put out an article they got from Tehran about a woman complaining that her devout Muslim hubby beat her daily and hubby tells judge: "I have to maintain my authority over her"! And wife grumbles: "I am a good woman, he only needs to beat me once a week"!

Are YOU a Canadian citizen?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Our prime minister is a terrorist.
Silly
I hear he's training to be a yoga instructor,a far cry from a terrorist

Aren't they all?
Definitely Joe Clark

What a nice guy Joe is

Where is Joe
Haven't met a Joe I didn't like
I think I had a lover named Joe in my fabulous 40s,just once,I think

Those fabulous 40s,so much fun!

I recommend to all 40 year olds,have fun,be true to yourself

Clearly you are an ill informed LIE-beral- Our idiot Boy Justin is using the bill to RESTORE citizenship to the convicted leader of the Toronto 18! The idiot BOY has spoken of this in parliament!

You remember the Muslim 18 dont you? The Muslim clowns who decided it would be fun to machine gun the Toronto stock exchange, bomb parliament and behead the prime minister! Give me one HONEST reason why LIE-berals should not ship that guys ass back to Egypt? Tell me ONE benefit to Canada in this restoration of citizenship to a TERRORIST!

And please dont blather about the lack of actual blood shed-if you are buying guns and explosives and running training exercises and studying the layout of your target buildings you don't have much legal smoke to hide behind now do you?

AS a convicted Muslim terrorist the guy will probably be welcomed home in Egypt with celebrity status!
I think you watch too much TV ,I am thinking of possibility starting a Life coach website and I would love to be your therapist,you can be my first client,do you have lots of cash because my service is not without expense,you are stewing over nothing

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First what is a terrorist and by who's conviction? I remember a young Canadian
kid who killed an American soldier on a battlefield. Initially all looked in order.
But then it was a battlefield therefore the soldier had an expectation of being in
harms way. Turns out the kid was a dual citizen not of America of Canada and
that presents some problems. First the kid should and could have been taken
prisoner on a battlefield OK fine. But he is sent to Cuba in the prison at the Bay.
He was doing time for killing a soldier on a battlefield for gods sake.
As for dual citizens its time to do away with that privilege regardless of where the
person is from. You are either Canadian or not in my opinion