Someone finally has some common sense

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In British Columbia today a law was passed that women can not be compelled to wear high heeled shoes in ANY workplace. WHY did it take some genius this long to figure that out?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So does that mean I can hang up my high healed calks?

Actually until this ame up on the news a week or so ago I didn't know anyone could be forced to wear high heals although I have seen a few places that forbid them.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
In British Columbia today a law was passed that women can not be compelled to wear high heeled shoes in ANY workplace. WHY did it take some genius this long to figure that out?
We had a strict law that no man would be allowed to put his johnson in a sliding patio door and slam it shut. amen

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's tyranny. The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation, or the sliding patio doors, the tops of washing machines, dining room tables. The uteruses of the nation, however, the state is all up in that business.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Damn, and I though "high heels" was like bill and hitlary clinton on coke
;)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

So YOU have to keep wearing those pumps but women can say no, if they wish to.

Do you have steel toe pumps?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There has to be a law for this?

Apparently - these A$$holes like the ones running Earl's and Moxie were making the girls wear 8" spikes to deliver cocktails. How f**king retarded can they get? The whole kit and caboodle should have been canned as well!

So YOU have to keep wearing those pumps but women can say no, if they wish to.

Do you have steel toe pumps?

Steel toes come in handy should you happen to drop a 2 litre mug on your big toe. :)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Were the men included in that, or are they still forced to wear high heels? Fair is fair.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
In my limited experience in observing the practices and listening to the complaints in my workplace, though a different department, it is most often the women managers who are the most vehement enforcers of compliance as to the wearing of women's' footwear, (the guys have a bit more of a "meh" attitude), whether its boots or flats or something that is totally inappropriate considering the environment.

Spikes were mandatory at one time until maintenance complained enough of having to constantly repair or replace galley floors due to the holes punched in them.

I say limited because it is not my department, I know those in that department could probably write a book.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
How come on the job, the woman speaker in your 'Curtailing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace' meeting inevitably wears high heels and has huge jugs??

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Do men still have to wear suits and ties in the workplace or is there going to be a new law introduced which states that no man should be compelled to wear such things?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have never know any man who likes to see women wear heels (they much prefer flats). Instead, it is women who like heels. At least, that's what I've seen over the years.

I prefer it if women wear absolutely nothing, myself.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Do men still have to wear suits and ties in the workplace or is there going to be a new law introduced which states that no man should be compelled to wear such things?
Only Jack Cade could turn this subject into a whimper about how hard-done-by white men are. His main worry about feminine hygiene products is how they might affect men.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Are you suggesting that suits and ties are as painful to wear as high heels?

Of course maybe only fat guys should wear high heels so they look thinner.........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BWybxjEJzI