Man kills three suspected burglars with AR-15 rifle

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
sometimes there's good news.

and lizzy probably wished she had just stayed home.

BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - Sources identified the three teen suspects killed in a burglary attempt in Broken Arrow on Monday.

The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office confirmed the names just before 8:00 Tuesday night as Max Cook, Jacob Redfearn and Jaykob Woodruff.

A woman who told authorities she was the getaway driver for the three teens knew the homeowner who shot them, according to court documents.

Elizabeth Rodriguez was in court Tuesday for a first appearance before a judge. Authorities plan to charge Rodriguez, 21, with three counts of first-degree felony murder for her alleged role in the burglary that led to the shooting deaths of three young men.

She was arrested after turning herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department.

Court documents indicate the homeowner who fired the shots is Zachary Peters, 23, and that Rodriguez knew him by name. The documents note Rodriguez planned the burglary, took the three boys to the house, and was waiting in the driveway until she heard shots and left.

Wagoner County deputies said she turned herself in to give officers the names of the dead so their parents could be notified.

She was booked into jail on several complaints, including three counts of 1st-degree murder.

The sheriff says his office will release the identities once the Medical Examiner has positively identified them.

Three Teen Burglary Suspects Killed In Broken Arrow Identified - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Oklahoma man kills three suspected burglars with AR-15 rifle | Reuters

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"This is a pretty uncommon thing for Wagoner County," Mahoney said of the shooting.

For good reason!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am unclear why she is being charged with 1st degree murder. I can see trespassing and burglary charges and the like. But she didn't pull the trigger. I also don't think the homeowner should be charged either.

It's a good thing the thugs are white-ish or there may be some questions to answer.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Nothing in this world has more value than a house full of Wal-Mart stuff.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Holy jeez. You figure after the 1st intruder went down that the message got across and possibly a cease fire would have been in line... 3 people is a lot especially when there is only 1 gun. The law should not have given this guy the right to cull the lot. This guy went full beast mode and here is my evidence for why i think this particular gun operator here is a nut case.

Crazy Guys House
1 gun
3v1
3 deaths
1 minute duration?

Gunfight at the OK Corral
9 guns
4v5
3 deaths
30 seconds

The numbers speak for themselves.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
But Johnny, the second guy had his Black and Decker toaster!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Drove through that lovely town about 8 years ago from Hot Springs to Phoenix. Damn clutch wasn't working right so I had to pull over and adjust the pedal to the max. I made it to Phoenix though driving damn near without a clutch. Yeah Broken Arrow was a lovely place.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Holy jeez. You figure after the 1st intruder went down that the message got across and possibly a cease fire would have been in line... 3 people is a lot especially when there is only 1 gun. The law should not have given this guy the right to cull the lot. This guy went full beast mode and here is my evidence for why i think this particular gun operator here is a nut case.

Crazy Guys House
1 gun
3v1
3 deaths
1 minute duration?

Gunfight at the OK Corral
9 guns
4v5
3 deaths
30 seconds

The numbers speak for themselves.

Without his rifle it was 3:1. What was their plan to do to him if he were unarmed?

Ask for his stuff nicely and leave him unharmed?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I am unclear why she is being charged with 1st degree murder. I can see trespassing and burglary charges and the like. But she didn't pull the trigger. I also don't think the homeowner should be charged either.

It's a good thing the thugs are white-ish or there may be some questions to answer.
I agree, crazy isn't it? It's too bad people rush to judgement based on skin colour .Pop a few white thugs... no big deal, shoot a few non-white thugs and it's time to riot.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
We are missing details. There is no info on whether or not the dead teens were armed or not or if the shooter tried to apprehend them without shooting or if any members of the man's family were endangered. If the gun owner simply shot the suspects down then he is guilty of murder by most standards.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I agree. We need more details to this story.

I did a ton of stupid stuff when I was young and nobody ever blew my head off. Just glad I did it in Canada.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We are missing details. There is no info on whether or not the dead teens were armed or not or if the shooter tried to apprehend them without shooting or if any members of the man's family were endangered. If the gun owner simply shot the suspects down then he is guilty of murder by most standards.

Nope

The male intruders were wearing all-black clothing, masks and gloves, while one was armed with a knife and another had brass knuckles, according to authorities.

Never enter a house that is not your own with masks, gloves, a knife and brass knuckles.