Man kills three suspected burglars with AR-15 rifle

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondoView Post

That is pretty low and classless of you so I gave you a thumbs down.

Well Two Ton Tessy in a heavy Kevlar vest usually does sweat like a pig . Classless or not it is an accurate description .

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Some handguns and they do nothing to stop a rib/breast bone from breaking/shattering and piercing vital organs.

Nor will soft body armour stop either a broad head or target crossbow bolt from a 150lb Barnett Wildcat, the same one I have and the same one my buddy used for testing while with the SAS.

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Oops. Nice try. That's total officer who died on duty. Mostly because of accidents. In 2016, the total deliberately shot was 41.

But I'm glad that you're distorting facts. It's a step forward from just making shit up.

Considering that the US has ten times the population, if Canada has 4 fatalities that would sound about right for a bad year. Accidents do exact a far heftier toll for sure, but to put it into perspective I think you would be hard pressed to find many cops who knew one of these unfortunate folks personally in either country. I can actually name 8 folks who I either worked with or alongside, some were close friends, who died at work, one as recently as February. No guns involved whatsoever.

BTW, I did know one cop who died on duty, (I also knew his partner who survived) hit head on by a drunk driver. It took almost 50 years but they finally re-named a bridge outside Sucker Creek in his honour.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

Considering that the US has ten times the population, if Canada has 4 fatalities that would sound about right for a bad year. Accidents do exact a far heftier toll for sure, but to put it into perspective I think you would be hard pressed to find many cops who knew one of these unfortunate folks personally in either country. I can actually name 8 folks who I either worked with or alongside, some were close friends, who died at work, one as recently as February. No guns involved whatsoever.

Except that's not a bad year. 2016 was the third-safest year for cops since they started keeping records in the 1870s. 2015 was second, and 2013 was the safest.

The "War on Cops" is a myth of whimpering cowards.

Murphy
This thread is still going on? The teen that wasn't charged must be on old age pension by now.

Since the thread is about firearms, I thought I would share this with you. I'm putting this 1-4x20 Nikon Monarch with the German reticle on my 45-70. It's a Ruger No. 1. I swapped out the Leupold 4x33 that was on it and put it on another rifle. She should look something like this when I'm done.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Oops. Nice try. That's total officer who died on duty. Mostly because of accidents. In 2016, the total deliberately shot was 41.

But I'm glad that you're distorting facts. It's a step forward from just making shit up.

More deflection - reply when you have something to add to the topic.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

If Canada is such a safe and wonderful place , why do all police officers wear Kevlar vests ? Oh and conservation officers ,customs and border control officers and even transit cops are wearing them .

Ssme thing from you. Deflection. Canada's low murder rate is not the issue. The high murder rate in the US is.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

This thread is still going on? The teen that wasn't charged must be on old age pension by now.

Since the thread is about firearms, I thought I would share this with you. I'm putting this 1-4x20 Nikon Monarch with the German reticle on my 45-70. It's a Ruger No. 1. I swapped out the Leupold 4x33 that was on it and put it on another rifle. She should look something like this when I'm done.

What's a "German reticle?" Does it show an Iron Cross and the words "Schiessen hier?"

Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

More deflection - reply when you have something to add to the topic.

And you support that by quoting statistics most of which were traffic accidents?

no new posts