Girl Guides boycott U.S.A.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

If you aren't nervous have your paperwork current you are just another tourist and you aren't going to have any issues.

Don't pet the sweaty things.

Maybe I could hide my spouse in the trunk?

Remington1
I would think that most American Border Agents cannot tell the difference between people of Muslim, Hindu, Baptist, etc. the only one they 'think' they know is maybe Christian (and even then the person would have to be blonde, green eyes and white) !! So, how are they assessing who and who will not be given a hard time at customs?? colour and name?? This is really fu#ked-up and speaks volume to this bans' intolerance of mankind and fraternity.

White_Unifier
+1
Either that or make a few trips to the US embassy if it's worth it.

We have not visited Vancouver in ages. My spouse has not seen Halifax yet. Neither gave I.

Even if she could enter the US visa-free, no guarantee we'd go. Nothing personal. Just that we like China.

But with that in mind, a visa requirement for her is all it takes to make the decision definite that it's not worth it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1View Post

I would think that most American Border Agents cannot tell the difference between people of Muslim, Hindu, Baptist, etc. the only one they 'think' they know is maybe Christian (and even then the person would have to be blonde, green eyes and white) !! So, how are they assessing who and who will not be given a hard time at customs?? colour and name?? This is really fu#ked-up and speaks volume to this bans' intolerance of mankind and fraternity.

They can judge skin tone, accent, language, and funny clothing as well as funny food etc.

Who knows what might trigger them?

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof HeartedView Post

Twila's news article mentioned that only 800 Girl Guides go to the States each year. I think their economy will survive.

Lol,definately not THE straw that could break the back/bank. Would have been hilarious. But not GREAT!

Quote: Originally Posted by White_UnifierView Post

Either that or make a few trips to the US embassy if it's worth it.

We have not visited Vancouver in ages. My spouse has not seen Halifax yet. Neither gave I.

Even if she could enter the US visa-free, no guarantee we'd go. Nothing personal. Just that we like China.

But with that in mind, a visa requirement for her is all it takes to make the decision definite that it's not worth it.

Well trump is working on removing much of the epa and soon the states may revert back to smelling stinky polution like it use to before the epa. Might be now or....

Cannuck
MGGGA. That's what I say.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Lol,definately not THE straw that could break the back/bank. Would have been hilarious. But not GREAT!

Well trump is working on removing much of the epa and soon the states may revert back to smelling stinky polution like it use to before the epa. Might be now or....

US air quality is probably far better than in China. But I have family and friends in China but not in the US.

Tecumsehsbones
Kim Jong Don addressed the Canadian Girl Guides crisis yesterday, saying "They're some bad hombres. Rapists. Murderers. And many, I'm sure, are nice people. But I'll keep them out. I'll build a big, beautiful wall, and I'll make Canada pay for it."

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Kim Jong Don addressed the Canadian Girl Guides crisis yesterday, saying "They're some bad hombres. Rapists. Murderers. And many, I'm sure, are nice people. But I'll keep them out. I'll build a big, beautiful wall, and I'll make Canada pay for it."

He added after that rant "Nobody loves Girl Guides more than I do. NOBODY!"

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Not so much that he'd grab them though... I hope.

Serryah
I'm usually sympathetic with the border guards... but when I had one tell me, after I'd been stopped, that he'd let me into the US but 'next time make sure everything's right', and when I asked him what he meant he said he couldn't tell me, that soured me. Okay, if I did something wrong, tell me so I know. Don't give me this "I can't tell you because you'll say so and so told me that was okay" BS.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

"Believe me"

DaSleeper
+2

Last edited by DaSleeper; Mar 15th, 2017 at 08:29 AM..

mentalfloss
Sad.

JLM
+1

They're not 'boycotting' the US.

News article says otherwise

Girl Guides boycott US - Canada News - Castanet.net (external - login to view)

Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

perhaps they were afraid that trump would grab their pussies.

That piece of gossip was anecdotal at best! Let's see some names, dates and locations before the myth is perpetuated further!

TenPenny
+1

You're right. Trump has standards. There's a minimum age below which he'll restrain himself from grabbing her.

Well, unless he's eating pizza with the pope and Bill Clinton.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

provide the link please. (The story I heard was third hand)

No. It was in the news. Don't be so obtuse

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

I'm usually sympathetic with the border guards... but when I had one tell me, after I'd been stopped, that he'd let me into the US but 'next time make sure everything's right', and when I asked him what he meant he said he couldn't tell me, that soured me. Okay, if I did something wrong, tell me so I know. Don't give me this "I can't tell you because you'll say so and so told me that was okay" BS.

If your papers are not in order, then they should tell you what wasn't correct.

Sounds like he was just feeling authoritarian and full of himself...

Jinentonix

Sounds like he was just feeling authoritarian and full of himself...

Yep, and again, that's nothing new. Crap that that didn't just start happening as soon as Trump got elected. Hell, crap like that was going on even before 9/11.

bill barilko

UIS American bureaucrats are notorious for exactly the kind of behaviour as described.

EagleSmack
+1
Hey buddy... Canadian flags on your backpacks don't work down here.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Yep, and again, that's nothing new. Crap that that didn't just start happening as soon as Trump got elected. Hell, crap like that was going on even before 9/11.

It's not surprising really. If you want to be mean to people and get away with it, best to find a job whereby you have authority over them.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by me againView Post

Was it?

Yes, it was. I mean my gosh, did you know that even White people have been turned back at the border? Even before Trump and even before 9/11? Think about that for a sec, White people were and are denied entry on a regular basis.

I've crossed the border at various places throughout most of my 50 years and most of the crossings were just fine. Sometimes I would have to go to secondary for further vehicle inspection and a quick interview. And sometimes those extra checks and interviews weren't so quick. I think my personal record is 4 hours.

A friend of mine who moved to Winnipeg from South-western Ontario was denied entry to cross the border because he couldn't prove to the guard that he wasn't going to stay in the US to find work. So he had to drive the long way, all the way around the lake head. Again, all before Trump and 9/11.
And as I related in this forum elsewhere, when I was a kid my family and I were turned back at the border because while my father was a citizen, he wasn't born here. The US border guard said he'd never heard of Wales and didn't believe my dad's birth certificate was genuine.
Yep, people getting turned back at the border is a daily occurrence. Hundreds of thousands of people cross every single day, not including commercial crossings. It's inevitable that some of them are going to be turned back for any number of reasons. Can't just blame it all on race or religion. Well, you can try but then you'd just sound like another brain-dead proggie.

petros

It's not surprising really. If you want to be mean to people and get away with it, best to find a job whereby you have authority over them.

CBSA is hiring.