Syrian charged after ‘multiple sexual assaults’ at West Edmonton Mall waterpark

Machjo
+2
Wasn't a white male native-English-speaking member of the Canadian Air Force who was born in the UK found guilty of multiple murders a few years ago? Immigrants I tell ya!
Last edited by Machjo; 1 week ago at 05:15 PM..

lone wolf
+2
When you're hoping to incite hatred, you tend to overlook the bag of shyte on your own front step - especially if you can blame someone else for it

Decapoda
+4
#33  Top Rated Post
The question as to whether or not being a Syrian refugee is relevant to the crime and if it should be included in the reporting of the story is a bit of a catch 22. If media includes it, it can be looked at as inciting people, if they don't it could be construed as censorship. I personally think that honest journalism is about reporting what is known to be facts, and letting people decide for themselves what is relevant. Of course that begs the question...is there such thing as honest journalism any more.

As an example, in the CBC article linked above it states:
Quote:

The man charged in the case was a Syrian refugee who arrived in Canada in January 2016, a fact that was reported Wednesday by numerous news outlets, including CBC News.
The story was quickly picked up by alt-right websites and anti-immigration groups. It was shared widely on social media.

This is garbage reporting in my view, the information given is incomplete or obscure. What sites have they defined as "alt-right" and what are the objective parameters that put them into this definition? Is this simply a subjective judgement by them? Who are these anti-immigration groups they allude to?

With this in mind, by what standard does the CBC have any credibility reporting on what is ethical journalism and what isn't?

Locutus
If we identify our suspects, they win.

Cannuck
+2 / -1
Even marginally intelligent people know what an alt-right website is. Only Trumpites can't figure it out

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick DangerView Post

Bit of a moral/legal dilemma here. My first instinct is to send this wanker back to Syria, but that would put him halfway round the world from a pretty large family. The alternative is to throw him in the clink at a major expense to the taxpayers. I wonder how the law reads in this case?

Send his family with him. Canadian tax dollars have better uses than looking after his offspring.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I never said it was a white only thing. I just get sick and tired of all the hate mongering by Locutus. There is no balance. Hate is the sign of a sick and twisted mind.

Chief Wannabe is Just like the rest of the alt-left you hate facts get out to the great unwashed voting public.

Seems like Clifford Olson and Karla Halmoka did the vetting of the Syrian refugees.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

...of which there would be a few thousand in the country

And out of all those thousands, many of whom have lived here for a good portion of their lives now, you found two bad guys. Good one you, Loc.

Bar Sinister
+1
Interesting isn't it, that out of the 1000 plus sexual assaults that occurred in Canada that day, that the accused in the story was the only one identified by his ethnic background?

Durry
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Interesting isn't it, that out of the 1000 plus sexual assaults that occurred in Canada that day, that the accused in the story was the only one identified by his ethnic background?

He was identifies in this manner because the Libs told the public they had thoughly vetted all Syrian refugees and they posed no risk to the public. You can see the Liberals lied to the Taxpayers of Canada.
Now, how many more do we have in our mist? What others risks do these scum bags pose?

Machjo
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

He was identifies in this manner because the Libs told the public they had thoughly vetted all Syrian refugees and they posed no risk to the public. You can see the Liberals lied to the Taxpayers of Canada.
Now, how many more do we have in our mist? What others risks do these scum bags pose?

Ever since Russell Williams' conviction, I have lived in fear of Canadians of British origin. What ever should we do about that?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Ever since Russell Williams' conviction, I have lived in fear of Canadians of British origin. What ever should we do about that?

Bigotry knows no reason.

IdRatherBeSkiing

I guess the only relevance would be if the person committing the crime was of a minority and the commission of the act was disproportionate to the distribution of the acts. I can only assume that Syrian refugees make up a very small percentage of the general population. I would expect the number of rapes and crimes they commit to be the same percentage.

Of course, nobody keeps stats on race or immigration status less they be perhaps presented with uncomfortable facts. Ironically by not keeping those stats there is nothing to refute the claim that it is disproportionate.

Cliffy
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I guess the only relevance would be if the person committing the crime was of a minority and the commission of the act was disproportionate to the distribution of the acts. I can only assume that Syrian refugees make up a very small percentage of the general population. I would expect the number of rapes and crimes they commit to be the same percentage.

Of course, nobody keeps stats on race or immigration status less they be perhaps presented with uncomfortable facts. Ironically by not keeping those stats there is nothing to refute the claim that it is disproportionate.

Kinda like the stats on Catholic priests diddling boys - the percentage of priest diddling is less than the percentage of the general population diddling but none the less they are labeled as diddlers. The only reason to bring up his ethnicity is to incite hatred toward a group. Kinda like 90% of all attacks in America are are perpetrated by non Muslims but only Muslims are terrorist.

petros
A far lower rank below Protestants and Injuns on young bucks.

You aren't cut and a Catholic Caucasian (which you physically and culturally are) I have no issues calling you white self-hating trailer trash even though it is RACIST.

All the dope, sweet grass and sage on the planet will NEVER change that undeniable fact...

Have a Nazi day white boy.

Johnnny
+1
Question:

Are his children victims also? Have they been abused?

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

A far lower rank below Protestants and Injuns on young bucks.

You aren't cut and a Catholic Caucasian (which you physically and culturally are) I have no issues calling you white self-hating trailer trash even though it is RACIST.

All the dope, sweet grass and sage on the planet will NEVER change that undeniable fact...

Have a Nazi day white boy.

Is a 'cultural Christian' like an 'atheist Jew' or an 'atheist Muslim?' How can people not see the oximoron? Jew is not synonymous with Hebrew or Muslim with Arab or Christian with English or French or White.

Cannuck

...and the only one Trumpites seem to care about.

Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

... the Libs told the public they had thoughly vetted all Syrian refugees and they posed no risk to the public.

That's a lie. Why do you feel the need to lie? Is it because your position is not defensible when you stick to facts?

Of course, nobody keeps stats on race or immigration status less they be perhaps presented with uncomfortable facts...

Why do you Trumpites insist on posting mind numbingly idiotic nonsense. Of course the government keeps those stats. They have all types of government employees (you know.. the ones you hate) keeping track of all kinds of shyte. Pull your fackin' head out of your a$$.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Kinda like the stats on Catholic priests diddling boys

Catholics diddle children. It's a proven fact. We should have a Catholic registry in this country.

I, for one, would like to made aware when Petros comes through town so I can protect the grandkids

Durry
+1
The Liberals said the Syrian refugees were not a risk to Canadians.
The Liberals lied like they always do.

Tell the six teens how good Syrian refugees are Justine.

Remington1
Could this be rare? Well since we know that rapes in Pakistan, Middle East, Africa, etc.. are very rare due to all the rigid controls ( prayers 5x day, fear of Mohammad, etc). The huge increase of rape cases in Sweden, Germany and the UK are simply unexplainable!!.,

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Being part native I have lived in fear of briddish since I was born.

Locutus
When 6 molested girls take a back seat to virtue signalling.

When a refugee faces criminal charges, should the public be told?

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/830122536222461952 (external - login to view)

Johnnny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

When 6 molested girls take a back seat to virtue signalling.

When a refugee faces criminal charges, should the public be told?

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/830122536222461952 (external - login to view)

Some good replies in there...

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I'm part native and I haven't. Of course, I'm not a coward

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Some people that are part native can prove it, others just bullshyte, like one who posted after you

Remington1
Reporting news is a useful method which forces people in authority to action (the mighty vote). The question is, "If news agencies stop reporting issues to the public in order to prevent some from feeling offended, could we trust the establishment to do the right thing, or would they start sowing dirt under the rug"? When an agency becomes partisan, we all loose.

Bar Sinister

Actually I would be surprised if the ratio of crimes committed by immigrants is higher than the norm. Studies have shown that that in general immigrants are more law-abiding that the rest of the population.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...esearch-shows/ (external - login to view)