CTV Fail

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Click Yes or No

Do you think Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cross country tour is helping or harming his political reputation?

CTV Saskatoon News - Local Breaking News | Weather, Sports & Lottery

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Click Yes or No

Do you think Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's cross country tour is helping or harming his political reputation?

CTV Saskatoon News - Local Breaking News | Weather, Sports & Lottery

I don't think it is hurting him, tay. He does have great rapport with the public and has been seen to easily handle the more disruptive among the attendees. I would much rather see a PM attending town halls such as those he's been holding then a PM who stays out of the public eye, refuses to hold town halls and generally does not make themselves available to the public. It was one thing that bothered me a lot about Stephen Harper.

That said, it will be of no use to him once he is back in the House facing questions about the lack of action by his government on multiple issues. His popularity matters only at election time and if he wants to retain office, he really needs to get down to business. It will be interesting to see what gets done in this next session of Parliament.