Mexico Will Pay For Wall say Trump

EagleSmack
Mexico will pay for it!

Trump Insists Mexico Will Pay for Wall

www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/us...xico.html?_r=0 (external - login to view)

Soooo solly!

Curious Cdn
Drumpf is going to turn his friendly neighbours into enemies.

It's going to be GREAT!

EagleSmack
Ahhhhh... the saltiness... so tasty!

Machjo
+1
Let me guess. Trump will raise tariffs on Mexican products and use the money collected from those tariffs to pay for the wall. What he won't say though is that that means that US consumers will pay more for these products. So in reality, the US consumer will pay.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Let me guess. Trump will raise tariffs on Mexican products and use the money collected from those tariffs to pay for the wall. What he won't say though is that that means that US consumers will pay more for these products. So in reality, the US consumer will pay.

If the Mexicans are smart (and they are) , they will be seeking out other trading partners to do business with, as we are. We have all of our eggs in one basket, but at as the US fades, we will go down with them if we don't look to other trade partners in Asia, Europe. The Mexicans are in the same boat ... too much trade with the US. Maybe, tearing up NAFTA helps us in the long run by forcing us to swim away from this huge sinking ship.

EagleSmack
+1
2017 Planned US Aid to Mexico...

$134,644,000

Curious Cdn
My leader is wise.

My leader is rich.

My leader is going to save us all.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

My leader is wise.

My leader is rich.

My leader is going to save us all.

Your leader is the laughingstock of the world!
Last edited by EagleSmack; 1 week ago at 06:42 PM..

Curious Cdn
My leader will make peace with Russia.

My leader will make war with China.

My leader knows that Russia is rich and China is poor.

EagleSmack

My leader will make peace with Russia.

My leader will make war with China.

My leader knows that Russia is rich and China is poor.

China says your leader is a Little Potato.

*snicker*

EagleSmack
+1
Maybe it will look like this.

Cannuck
Looks like Eaglesmack and his countryman are going to get stuck withe bill if the wall ever does get built (not that it was much of a surprise to anyboby but the Trumpites).

www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politi...ers/index.html (external - login to view)

taxslave
Considering the class of people that want to leave the US because Trump won Mexico may very well want to build a wall.

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Considering the class of people that want to leave the US because Trump won Mexico may very well want to build a wall.

They are and they're getting the US to build it and pay for it. Mexicans are smarter than Americans

captain morgan

You love taxes, this should be really exciting for you

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

They are and they're getting the US to build it and pay for it. Mexicans are smarter than Americans

Is Trump the bogeyman still scaring ya?

Machjo

If the Mexicans are smart (and they are) , they will be seeking out other trading partners to do business with, as we are. We have all of our eggs in one basket, but at as the US fades, we will go down with them if we don't look to other trade partners in Asia, Europe. The Mexicans are in the same boat ... too much trade with the US. Maybe, tearing up NAFTA helps us in the long run by forcing us to swim away from this huge sinking ship.

Sorry, but geography matters. Just as Europe will always be the UK's most important market, so the US will always be Canada's. What the US needs to understand though is that Canada and Mexico will always be the US' most important trading partners too. The US is essentially hurting itself and its neighbours by turning its back on its neighbours, including Cuba. It all comes down to transportation costs in the end.

That said, sure Canada should promote freer trade between itself and other countries farther afield, including Australia. The UK should do the same. But these far-flung markets ought to be viewed as added bonuses, and not as replacements to trade with our neighbours. Trade between Canada and Australia will always be limited due to transportation costs.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You love taxes, this should be really exciting for you

I love txes because I hate debt. Do you want government to operate on credit? Look at Greece.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

2017 Planned US Aid to Mexico...

$134,644,000

Why is the US government giving Mexico money? I agree with free trade of course, but given Mexico' comparative poverty, it therefore benefits from free trade more than the US does. If the US wants to promote more open borders, by all means. But I don't see why the US government should be giving money to Mexico.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Keystone will get built. As an Albertan, I'm fine with Trump. Were I an American I'd be more than just a little concerned what my tax bill's going to be in ten years

Machjo
+1

Keystone will get built. As an Albertan, I'm fine with Trump. Were I an American I'd be more than just a little concerned what my tax bill's going to be in ten years

But at least their taxes will probably not go up by much if at all overall in the next four to eight. probably eight given how borrow-and-spend is the best way to win votes. Just look at Trudeau.

captain morgan
+1

BOO!

davesmom
+3
#20  Top Rated Post
Let me get this straight in my mind.
A manufacturer moves his plant to Mexico so he can manufacture at lower cost. He imports his product back to the U.S. duty free and sells the product for the same price as that of products manufactured in the U.S. So his profit is greater.
If that manufacturer produces his product in the U.S. the price will rise because he has to maintain his profit level.
So the price of the product is going to go up regardless of where it is manufactured. Right?

The only question people have to ask themselves is, do we want jobs and pay higher prices or do we want to be jobless and unable to afford the product at any price.

As is stands, Mexico benefits from employment while Americans lose their jobs. The manufacturer benefits from higher profits. How does the American consumer benefit? He doesn't. He's the big loser.
So there's the dilemma.

Pay for the damned wall and keep out the illegal workers, let the manufacturer pay duty on his products or manufacture in the U.S. and be done with it.

EagleSmack

Why is the US government giving Mexico money? I agree with free trade of course, but given Mexico' comparative poverty, it therefore benefits from free trade more than the US does. If the US wants to promote more open borders, by all means. But I don't see why the US government should be giving money to Mexico.

A foolish idea isn't it?

Machjo

A foolish idea isn't it?

So before wasting money on walls, why did Trump not focus on just cutting transfer payments to Mexico? I think the wall idea is stupid, but would have agreed with Trump on cutting government transfer payments to Mexico.I hope Trump cuts funding first. Priorities I say.

EagleSmack
+1

So before wasting money on walls, why did Trump not focus on just cutting transfer payments to Mexico? I think the wall idea is stupid, but would have agreed with Trump on cutting government transfer payments to Mexico.I hope Trump cuts funding first. Priorities I say.

He's not even President yet so he can't do anything except make the snowflakes weep, and man are they weeping!

captain morgan
+1

He's not even President yet so he can't do anything except make the snowflakes weep, and man are they weeping!

I can hardly wait when Trump actually takes office.

All the whimpering

All the tears

All the angst

.... And of course, all the protests

It'll be music to my ears

Curious Cdn
My leader will fix them all.

My leader will punish them.

My leader will drain the swamp.

I love my leader.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmomView Post

The only question people have to ask themselves is, do we want jobs and pay higher prices or do we want to be jobless and unable to afford the product at any price.

Hehehehe...that's the options Trump has convinced you exist.

The real question is do you want cheaper consumer goods or not. Jobs aren't tied to labour intensive manufacturing despite the koolaid that Trump has sold you

captain morgan

Hehehehe...

Watch your blood pressure.... Nervous laughter is a dead give away

Cannuck
Don't worry about me.

MHz
Let me see if I have this right. Mexicans are slipping into the US in high numbers so the solution is to have the Mexicans erect a fence that foils Mexicans coming into the US except through the 'gates'. That not only creates jobs in Mexico compared to the US it allows 'them' to install places that can be breached and the illegal immigration (and smuggling) continues.

A fence could be airships that track 'warm bodies' and sooner or later they have to be on a road and they can be intercepted with ease.

Trump should fence in DC considering the trouble they cause in the international community.

Cliffy

no new posts