African American Gun Buys Surge in Wake of Trump Win

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The FBI Completed More Gun Background Checks on Black Friday Than on Any Other Day in U.S. History

Gun ownership has traditionally been associated with the right wing in America but the election of Donald Trump has prompted some left-wingers to join gun clubs - and even start preparing for the collapse of society.

"I really didn't expect to be thinking about purchasing a gun. It was something that my father did and I rolled my eyes at him."

...Many expected the election of Donald Trump, whose candidacy was backed by the National Rifle Association, to bring an end to the panic buying. Shares in gun manufacturers dropped by as much as 18% following his victory.

But instead FBI background checks for gun transactions soared to a new record for a single day - 185,713 - during the Black Friday sales on 25 November, according to gun control news site The Trace. (link is external)

Lara Smith, national spokesperson for the Liberal Gun Club, says her organisation has seen a "huge" rise in enquiries since November's election and a 10% increase in paid members.
Some of the new members are reluctant first-time gun owners, says Smith, concerned that isolated acts of aggression against minorities could escalate into something more violent and that a Trump administration will dismantle key constitutional rights, leading to a "more fascist rule than the US has ever had".

Trump's Victory Has Fearful Minorities Buying Up Guns - NBC News

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Sweet! More backers of the 2nd Amendment!

I am behind ALL Americans in their right to bear arms. Now lets see how the Liberal White Elite respond to taking African-Americans lawfully purchased weapons away.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Salty Libs buying guns?????

go awaayy.........you gotta be kidding!

Salty Libs buying guns! Oh heck no! Those pansies can't handle weapons.

African Americans (according to the article) are getting it done and getting weapons legally. More power to the 2nd Amendment! Liberal pansies think this is supposed to scare conservatives. Not one bit!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

But instead FBI background checks for gun transactions soared to a new record for a single day - 185,713 - during the Black Friday sales on 25 November, according to gun control news site The Trace. (link is external)

Sweet Link!

The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System processed more background checks for gun transactions on Black Friday — 185,713 in total — than on any single day since the system launched nearly two decades ago, an agency spokesperson tells The Trace. November 25’s total just barely broke the record set on last year’s Black Friday, when the FBI processed 185,345 checks.