Hopefully this will get the attention of even the biggest idiots!

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I doubt it'll get the attention of the idiots, they don't read the news that doesn't pertain to them, they're too busy on Twitter or Instagram. Plus they feel invincible.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The driver should be imprisoned for 10 years, with a lifetime ban on owning or driving a vehicle, and a lifetime ban on drinking alcohol.
The parents of the driver should be sued for everything they have, as well.

In all fairness I think the parents should be left out of it. When a person qualifies for a drivers' license he/she should have to bear full responsibility.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I doubt it'll get the attention of the idiots, they don't read the news that doesn't pertain to them, they're too busy on Twitter or Instagram. Plus they feel invincible.

They also feel entitled to do whatever the hell they want while driving on our roads. Watch a few episodes of Canada's Worst Driver and you may be as appalled as I am about the entitlement these people feel in regards to doing what ever suits them while behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Texting, talking on cellphones, putting on make-up, stuffing their faces, the list goes on and on.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They also feel entitled to do whatever the hell they want while driving on our roads. Watch a few episodes of Canada's Worst Driver and you may be as appalled as I am about the entitlement these people feel in regards to doing what ever suits them while behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Texting, talking on cellphones, putting on make-up, stuffing their faces, the list goes on and on.

Not to mention driving with a dog in their lap!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Not to mention driving with a dog in their lap!!!

There have been a few of those, JLM.

I take my little guy with me a lot. Years ago I bought him a special halter that has a loop through which you can insert a seat belt effectively securing him in his seat. He is still able to sit up but has very limited movement otherwise and is not a distraction when I am driving.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County

I am often surprised that they actually graduate some of those drivers when they do because I certainly don't want to share a piece of real estate in the same area code as them. But the just last week I was being followed by a 1 ton, (on a secondary highway, 90kph zone),the driver couldn't keep his speed, as he got closer I saw he had his right hand up to his ear and was flicking cigarette ashes out the window with his left, yeah really. When we got to the main highway I turned south and he turned north I noticed it was some company name on the side of truck he was driving, hmmm.

Just imagine China's worst driver.

Or India's, or Russia's, love those dash cam videos.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I am often surprised that they actually graduate some of those drivers when they do because I certainly don't want to share a piece of real estate in the same area code as them. But the just last week I was being followed by a 1 ton, (on a secondary highway, 90kph zone),the driver couldn't keep his speed, as he got closer I saw he had his right hand up to his ear and was flicking cigarette ashes out the window with his left, yeah really. When we got to the main highway I turned south and he turned north I noticed it was some company name on the side of truck he was driving, hmmm.

I wish CWD would re-visit some of those drivers they graduated just to see if they did indeed mend their habits because I too wonder why they were given back their licenses, Bob.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I wish CWD would re-visit some of those drivers they graduated just to see if they did indeed mend their habits because I too wonder why they were given back their licenses, Bob.

That would make for interesting programming I'm sure. My daughter almost nominated a friend of hers, she was scared spitless when in the same vehicle with her friend at the wheel, and her husband is a cop so that might not have gone over well.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Did anyone ever see the episode with Crystal? Never have I seen a better example of the absolute arrogance and rudeness of a delusional entitled millennial. Her immediate reaction to the slightest hint of correction was profanity and denial. In spite of knowing it was illegal to text and drive, she did so on the driving range and when caught out tried to hide the device in her lap. She continually and vehemently defended texting while driving and her intention to go 20k over the speed limit.

Her behavior was so over-the-top, I actually took to Twitter and tweeted Andrew Younghusband about her. I was far from the only person appalled by this woman as tweet after tweet testified.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I don't remember names, but if she's the one that walked out and "bleep" and flipped the bird, yeah, I saw it. The entitlement of not only the millennials but a lot of today's society is pretty appalling. Good thing Andrew Younghusband is a Newf, most anyone from any other part of the country would have quit the show in disgust long ago.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
So where were these wonderful parents while their kid was growing up and needed to be taught?

My experience from teaching is that you cannot teach those unwilling to learn, and the hardest to teach are those closest to us. I learned this long ago in training to be a trainer. Have you ever tried to teach your child to drive? Your spouse to fly? It is best to leave that to a professional disinterested party even if you also do it professionally yourself.

That being said, and meaning no disrespect because I don't know anything about you, but have you raised girls from age 13 to, I dunno, 30? I have no experience with boys myself, but my girls, from 13 to 17, (and up) were rebellious, and sneaky, which seems to be par for the course according to friends and acquaintances in similar situations. You can't be with them all the time and can't monitor their every move. Any of us could be that family, I'm just thankful my kids lived through that age without a major crisis, but there quite a few minor ones to be sure.

How many kids listen to their parents about anything? :) :)

I don't want to say zero, but I'm pretty sure it's close. My now 25 year old actually apologised to us a couple years ago for being, as she said, evil, possessed, and a b!tch. They do listen, it just takes a long time for them to hear it. She now has two girls of her own, what are those curses, "may you turn out to be like your mother"?, or "may your children turn out like mine'? I dunno, I'm sure it's been tough for every generation to raise kids.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

The stoner wife of my step son does all those things.