I'm sure Breitbart will hire her

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Another sloppy cracker has failed.....

WDIV anchor LaurenPodell resigns after being caught saying "I'm tired of reporting on these n*ggers killing one another' in Detroit.

WDIV reporter Lauren Podell resigns over alleged racist slur

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
there are plenty of reporters in chicago to remind us how nice a place it is too.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
In 1965 i was sent from Ft Mcmurray (by Sun Oil) to Marcus Hook Pennsylvania for a training course. There is a huge refinery complex there and i might add, a terrific place.
In those days the Americans had things that most here had never heard of. Simple things like Hoagies (now sub sandwiches here) and do not ask for them hot LOL, Beef and Beer, now that was special to this 21 year old Canadian half injun hick. You would see the big sign on the bar or roadhouse and going in you would find on the bar a giant roast beef and some bread or buns. For two dollars you were handed a big slice of roast beef and a mug of beer. Mmmmmmm!
As an easily impressed northerner i was shocked to find that there were a very large number of black people working in the refinery side by side and happily with the whites. Now that is odd i thought, i was taught (by liberals) that in the USA they just treated those black folks like dirt. Hmmmmmmmmm?
Ok, so one evening my buddy and i decided to go for beef and beer. We left Media where our hotel was and headed into Philly which was virtually next door. On a side street we saw the B and B sign so in we went. When i walked through the door all conversation stopped and all i could see in the gloom were white eyes. The bartender stepped over to us and said "you cops?" no i said with a weak laugh, we are Canadians. Y'all what? You best get gone. We got gone pronto.
At work the next day i mentioned it to a couple coworkers. Immediately two black guys spoke at nearly the same time "you boys stay away from those n(ggers!" I got a lesson carefully explained to me about white trash and n:ggers. If you don't get it too bad.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"She uttered the alleged racial slur off of the air to a co-worker"

Wonder who ratted her out. I've played a ton of hockey with Cops, Lawyers, Engineers...other professionals...etc. I could've buried more than one career over the years, with stuff I heard in the dressing room after the games.

Not agreeing at all if she did indeed say that. Just raising a point.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Wonder who ratted her out. I've played a ton of hockey with Cops, Lawyers, Engineers...other professionals...etc. I could've buried more than one career over the years, with stuff I heard in the dressing room after the games.

Did it never trouble you that a cop, armed and cloaked in the authority of the state, with broad discretion in enforcing the law, was a racist?

Sooo, you start a thread about someone being rightfully fired for using a racial epithet, by directing a racial epithet at them. Interesting.
I agree. How dare he be politically incorrect!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

I would guess that you didn't need your five minutes of fame....
Or that superior feeling that comes with pseudo indignation on a forum....

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Did it never trouble you that a cop, armed and cloaked in the authority of the state, with broad discretion in enforcing the law, was a racist?"

The Cops in the locker room weren't racist. They call it the '5 percentile'. Five percent of the population creates 95% of the trouble. I don't believe it was roving gangs of Ned Flanders they were referring to.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"Did it never trouble you that a cop, armed and cloaked in the authority of the state, with broad discretion in enforcing the law, was a racist?"

The Cops in the locker room weren't racist. They call it the '5 percentile'. Five percent of the population creates 95% of the trouble. I don't believe it was roving gangs of Ned Flanders they were referring to.
Sorry, I thought you were being on topic, and saying that these cops and lawyers and such were using racial slurs.

In the future, I won't make the mistake of assuming you're addressing the topic.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
My mistake...

I took a broader look at the thread starter. I thought the topic was about inappropriate comments made by professionals in their private discussions. I'm schizophrenic and quite often connect dots others don't. I'm not always right but I do have the propensity to do that.