The OFFICIAL Fake News Thread

Locutus
most use that fake-speak like cucklefloss...the rest pretend to know what's going on like cancuck.

they're flopping and flailing. mad as hell. comical to watch.

EagleSmack
Without Fake News they are lost

Locutus
I think we can all agree that there has been plenty of fake news coming from both sides. Fake news is usually intentional, although in some cases it is the result of honest mistakes. But lately we are seeing an entirely new type of untrue news. I call it Imaginary News. Here’s a good example from the Huffington Post.

I watched President Trump’s press conference with the alleged “meltdown,” and all I saw was Trump talking the way he normally talks. The Huffington Post watched and apparently saw some other set of circumstances. That means we have three possibilities to consider:

1. Huffington Post saw the situation accurately while I was hallucinating.
2. My version of events is accurate and Huffington Post hallucinated.
3. Both the Huffington Post and I were hallucinating.

more

Imaginary News | Scott Adams' Blog (external - login to view)

Imaginary News

By Kate (external - login to view) on February 18, 2017 12:32 AM | 3 Comments (external - login to view)
You might recall that the Huffington Post made a big deal of refusing to cover Trump on their political pages when he first announced his candidacy. They only carried him on their entertainment pages because they were so smart they knew he could not win.
Then he won. (external - login to view)

have a trumptastic day.

Curious Cdn
So, if the report on the scourge of fake news is a fake, does that mean that there really is no "fake news"?

Locutus
In 1905, the #fakenews (external - login to view) @nytimes (external - login to view) was running stories about Martians building canals. More accurate than their climate reporting in 2017.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

In 1905, the #fakenews (external - login to view) @nytimes (external - login to view) was running stories about Martians building canals. More accurate than their climate reporting in 2017.

Does Trump know that these canal building contracts went to foreigners?

Mokkajava
I think the term "fake news" is the worst phrase to come out of 2017

Locutus
some dandy's on this list kids:

Phony baloney: The 9 fakest fake-news checkers

Phony baloney: The 9 fakest fake-news checkers (external - login to view)

Locutus

MHz
Who is going to invent the scorecard for all the various headlines? Most are solved within 7 days but it hardly ever turns out to be who was originally to blame so that amount of delay is needed. True or false (and why)
How about it get a rating from (1-9) based on this scale??
9 Signs You (external - login to view)
(in part)

width: 0px; "> </1. They undermine your faith in your grasp of reality. Emotional manipulators are incredibly skilled liars. They insist an
incident didn’t happen when it did, and they insist they did or said something when they didn’t. The trouble is they’re so
good at it that you end up questioning your own sanity. To insist that whatever caused the problem is a figment of your
imagination is an extremely powerful way of getting out of trouble.
2. Their actions don’t match their words. Emotional manipulators will tell you what you want to hear, but their actions
are another story. They pledge their support, but, when it comes time to follow through, they act as though your
requests are entirely unreasonable. They tell you how lucky they are to know you, and then act as though you’re a
burden. This is just another way of undermining your belief in your own sanity. They make you question reality as you
see it and mold your perception according to what is convenient to them.

Locutus

Curious Cdn
+1

"Wayne Robert LaPierre, Jr. is an American author and gun rights advocate. He is best known for his position as the executive vice president of the National Rifle Association and for his criticism of gun control policies."

In other words, he's one of the key leaders of the unlimited guns-for-all freak show that will ultimately destroy the American civilization.

Murphy
Yes, and he's coming for you! Just you.

Okay, and Cliffy too.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

Yes, and he's coming for you! Just you.

Okay, and Cliffy too.

No, not for me ... just for the idiots to the south.

Locutus
But the media swears by them.

By lance (external - login to view) on March 5, 2017 10:47 AM | 8 Comments (external - login to view)

Snopes (external - login to view), not so transparent. It's always the same; hire partisans, get partisan.

They should have stuck with Nigerian email scams and urban legends.

Snopes revises misleading fact check on the standing ovation for Carryn Owens

Snopes has completely rewritten its fact-check. A new author is listed in addition to the first author, though there doesn’t seem to be any other note that the piece has been heavily revised.

Cannuck
Sniff

Locutus
When you want to spread very fake news, but don't want to be held accountable in the event that it blows up in your face.

"The Burgeoning Market For Anti-Trump Hoaxes"

The Burgeoning Market For Anti-Trump Hoaxes | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD (external - login to view)

Trump Organization: Cease-and-Desist Letter Over Cat Website Is Fake | Hollywood Reporter (external - login to view)

mentalfloss

Cliffy
+1

The Burgeoning Market For Anti-Trump Hoaxes | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD (external - login to view)

Trump Organization: Cease-and-Desist Letter Over Cat Website Is Fake | Hollywood Reporter (external - login to view)

Trump is a hoax and the biggest source of fake news.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Trump is a hoax and the biggest source of fake news.

If you're right Cliffy, and I'm not committed to any personality yet anyway, then the people should rise up and hang the mother fukker in front of the White Hoar House. If they have any back bones left.

mentalfloss
No repeal for 'Obamacare' - a humiliating defeat for Trump - Winnipeg Free Press (external - login to view)