Canada's immigration website crashes on election night

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How does that make you feel that the website crashed? Nervous?

I wonder if it crashed of the Canadian Govt. shut it down.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Political ‘refugees’ from Trump presidency possible if rhetoric real: observerS

HALIFAX — A Donald Trump presidency could prompt a flow of politically motivated American emigrants akin to the Vietnam war era, though passionate first impulses to leave may cool as the new leader's agenda unfolds, say political observers and immigration experts.

Donald Savoie — a Canadian political economist who was at his second home in Florida as the vote occurred — says some U.S. citizens may consider applying to move to Canada if Trump follows through on proposed policies such as mass deportations of illegal immigrants or the reopening of international trade agreements.

"There's no question some Americans will say we can't live under these circumstances and we may see what we saw in the ... late 60s during the Vietnam war," he said in a telephone interview from Florida.

"I wouldn't take that to the bank right away ... But if he does what he says he wants to do there's no question there will be a bit of chaos and some Americans will say, 'we want out of here.'"

Savoie is a political economist at the University of Moncton who has authored one book on Canada's democracy, is working on a separate book that looks at the democratic system in both nations, and has observed multiple U.S. elections from his southern home.

In Nova Scotia, a radio announcer who created the "Cape Breton if Donald Trump Wins" website says he had about 150 emails late last night as the U.S. election results came in, including some from Americans who say they feel fearful about continuing to live in the United States.

"People are afraid and it's hard to treat it light heartedly when people are feeling so afraid," Rob Calabrese said in a telephone interview.

Calabrese says he will rename his site and expects he'll continue referring inquiries to official websites where would-be Cape Bretoners can pursue work opportunities and apply for immigration status.

Political ‘refugees’ from Trump presidency possible if rhetoric real: observers | National Newswatch

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Why the hell should these rioters be allowed here? We're the Vietnam protests this messed up?

1 in 3 of Americans voted... If they didn't vote they shouldnt be bitching... I garuntee more than half the people protesting didn't even vote.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Political ‘refugees’ from Trump presidency possible if rhetoric real: observerS

HALIFAX — A Donald Trump presidency could prompt a flow of politically motivated American emigrants akin to the Vietnam war era, though passionate first impulses to leave may cool as the new leader's agenda unfolds, say political observers and immigration experts.

Donald Savoie — a Canadian political economist who was at his second home in Florida as the vote occurred — says some U.S. citizens may consider applying to move to Canada if Trump follows through on proposed policies such as mass deportations of illegal immigrants or the reopening of international trade agreements.

"There's no question some Americans will say we can't live under these circumstances and we may see what we saw in the ... late 60s during the Vietnam war," he said in a telephone interview from Florida.

"I wouldn't take that to the bank right away ... But if he does what he says he wants to do there's no question there will be a bit of chaos and some Americans will say, 'we want out of here.'"

Savoie is a political economist at the University of Moncton who has authored one book on Canada's democracy, is working on a separate book that looks at the democratic system in both nations, and has observed multiple U.S. elections from his southern home.

In Nova Scotia, a radio announcer who created the "Cape Breton if Donald Trump Wins" website says he had about 150 emails late last night as the U.S. election results came in, including some from Americans who say they feel fearful about continuing to live in the United States.

"People are afraid and it's hard to treat it light heartedly when people are feeling so afraid," Rob Calabrese said in a telephone interview.

Calabrese says he will rename his site and expects he'll continue referring inquiries to official websites where would-be Cape Bretoners can pursue work opportunities and apply for immigration status.

Political ‘refugees’ from Trump presidency possible if rhetoric real: observers | National Newswatch

We allowed the draft-dodgers in because Canada opposed the draft. I'm not sure how we can be opposed to removal of criminal illegal immigrants when we have the same laws for deportation of those persons.

We should really cut of internet access to your safe space so we don't have to listen to your whining left-wing bullsh!t anymore.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
As an Injun you can access the globe on an equal footing as f-cking whitie. Stay away from white safe zones and you are equally as f-cked.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We allowed the draft-dodgers in because Canada opposed the draft. I'm not sure how we can be opposed to removal of criminal illegal immigrants when we have the same laws for deportation of those persons.

We should really cut of internet access to your safe space so we don't have to listen to your whining left-wing bullsh!t anymore.
I thought you were a pinko commie Nick. That is pretty left wing. You hate yourself or what?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I hope there is a program where our whinny libs can cross easily and make a smooth transition into Canadian life.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
No, we don't want them......