This is a CNN Report on the ISIS Assault in Mosul

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
It's a hell of a place... I've been within 45km of Mosul back when ISIS started to gain momentum.. I was at the intersection northeast on my way to Dahuk from Erbil...

I do miss the lunch time picnics though

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Perhaps the easy advancement is due to an 'escape route into Syria' has been left open for ISIS. Sending them from the frying pan into the fire more or less.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
It's a hell of a place... I've been within 45km of Mosul back when ISIS started to gain momentum.. I was at the intersection northeast on my way to Dahuk from Erbil...

I do miss the lunch time picnics though

Nasty. I never got that close, or wanted to. It's their typical power play though. And the local civilians will pay...twice. Once because they were around when the fighting was going on, and a second time when ISIS returns and starts accusing selected locals of collusion.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
The goal is to get rid of as many ISIS fighter as possible. Many have run away hiding behind women and children, but that's what cowards do. They will be assimilating back into their adopted countries populace soon with the purpose of regrouping or revenge?? I say thanks to anybody there fighting these parasites, the last hours!! unthinkable.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I would rather see them surrender or be taken prisoner as the ICC need a whole slew of witnesses to war crimes and the rebels alone can point out who their bosses were. 5 years of war and 10 years of war crimes trials seems about the right ratio to me.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No better proof that ISIS was trained by the US than this tid-bit.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Five high-ranking commanders of the Daesh terror organization stole several million dollars from the group and fled the northern Iraqi province of Nineveh, local media reported.

The stolen money was intended to be paid to fighting terrorists, Al Sumaria broadcaster reported, citing its sources. "Five high-ranking Daesh commanders including a militant known as Abu Bara Kakhtani responsible for the group’s treasury fled, which coincided with the disappearance of money," the TV channel's source said. The Daesh leadership ordered to find the commanders and execute them. According to the source, they left for another Nineveh city of Tal Afar, then for the town of Baa’j and further for Syria.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201611061047110994-daesh-terrorism-iraq-dollars/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
finger pointers?
not to worry
arkencide was one of hillary's resume plusses

i wonder how much of that dough wound up back at the clinton foundation as pay for play?
also, you can't have war crimes courts if the judges are all dead in bed

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This will be as fake as Mosul is.

At the moment, Iraqi security forces, assisted by a United States-led coalition, and Kurdish fighters are currently focused on liberating Mosul, the last bastion of Daesh militants in Iraq. However, the coalition is already considering an offensive on the Syrian city of Raqqa, the de-facto capital of the Daesh caliphate.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201611061047119130-us-raqqa-sdf-offensive/