Guardian front page channels Orwell’s 1984

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
https://off-guardian.org/2016/10/20/guardian-front-page-channels-orwells-1984/ OffGuardian

because facts really should be sacred

https://off-guardian.org/2016/10/20/guardian-front-page-channels-orwells-1984/#menuopen Guardian Watch, latest
Published on October 20, 2016
Comments 9
Guardian front page channels Orwell’s 1984

by Jonathan Cook

Reading the “liberal” press has become a truly Orwellian experience. What was true yesterday is a lie today. What was black today will be white tomorrow. Two reports on today’s front page of the Guardian could easily be savage satire straight from the pages of the novel 1984.
Report one: The Guardian provides supportive coverage of the beginning of a full-throttle assault by Iraqi forces, backed the US and UK, on Mosul to win it back from the jihadists of ISIS – an assault that will inevitably lead to massive casualties and humanitarian suffering among the civilian population.

Report two: The Guardian provides supportive coverage of the US and UK for considering increased sanctions against Syria and Russia. On what grounds? Because Syrian forces, backed by Russia, have been waging a full-throttle assault on Aleppo to win it back from the jihadists of ISIS and Al-Qaeda – an assault that has led to massive casualties and humanitarian suffering among the civilian population.

Remember, as was prophesied: “War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.”

So I did read about the future in the past.

2084 is creeping up.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There was some dopey mare on TV this morning saying: "We should sanction Russia for the numbers of civilians their bombing is killing in Syria."

And I thought: "How many civilians are being killed by Western bombing?"

Now I support the RAF's bombing of ISIS in Syria - but to say that it is only Russian bombing killing civilians is ludicrous.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There was some dopey mare on TV this morning saying: "We should sanction Russia for the numbers of civilians their bombing is killing in Syria."

And I thought: "How many civilians are being killed by Western bombing?"

Now I support the RAF's bombing of ISIS in Syria - but to say that it is only Russian bombing killing civilians is ludicrous.

Ludicrous is the highest western standard for journalism. I'm afraid we'll just have to accept the approved and vetted press.