Christmas Ads

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
on radio or in print. On posters, the newspaper (if anyone reads them anymore) or flashing on your computer screen.

I started seeing them two weeks ago.

For many years, first as a cassette, and later as a CD, the first ad I saw on TV was a Christmas album. It started with Bing Crosby singing, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".

The advertising world has been crowding the other seasons for years. Winter coats in August. Halloween stuff after the long weekend in September. Spring fashions should be out shortly.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
on radio or in print. On posters, the newspaper (if anyone reads them anymore) or flashing on your computer screen.

I started seeing them two weeks ago.

For many years, first as a cassette, and later as a CD, the first ad I saw on TV was a Christmas album. It started with Bing Crosby singing, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".

The advertising world has been crowding the other seasons for years. Winter coats in August. Halloween stuff after the long weekend in September. Spring fashions should be out shortly.
ah quit yer gripin

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Christmas is less a religious celebration these days as it is a reason to unwind, exchange gifts, and have an enjoyable time in the middle of winter.

Whether you go to church or not, the season can make you smile. At least, it does for me because I do not live in a city. No traffic or mobs of people. I like to look at the lights, see the store displays and watch the children have some fun.

Mazel tov!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Christmas is less a religious celebration these days as it is a reason to unwind, exchange gifts, and have an enjoyable time in the middle of winter.

Whether you go to church or not, the season can make you smile. At least, it does for me because I do not live in a city. No traffic or mobs of people. I like to look at the lights, see the store displays and watch the children have some fun.

Mazel tov!
Yuk!