Boobs in the Althing

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm ashamed that our fellow Northern Germanics have allowed such a ludicrous thing as breastfeeding in parliament.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yeah, your country has an interesting history on feeding children.

We used to feed many female babies to dogs in ancient times.

It made a change from what the Romans did with many of their female babies - they chucked them onto rubbish heaps.

Both of those things are probably illegal nowadays, though.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We used to feed many female babies to dogs in ancient times.

It made a change from what the Romans did with many if their female babies - they chucked them onto rubbish heaps.

They fancied themselves as the inheritors of Sparta. Some of the Americans see themselves as modern Sartans, as well (ignoring the gay and lesbian part)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They fancied themselves as the inheritors of Sparta. Some of the Americans see themselves as modern Sartans, as well (ignoring the gay and lesbian part)

Females don't make good warriors, and certainly don't make good politicians, so female children were often unwanted and were often disposed of accordingly.

On the topic of breastfeeding in parliament, it's a sign of the times. It reminds me of that scene in Johnny English Reborn when the spy Johnny English (Rowan Atkinson) returns to work as a spy after a few years to see everything in the spy headquarters has become "modern" - office workers doing yoga and their children playing in a big ball pit etc.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Thank God she didn't whip out a bottle and feed the baby toxic GMO soy formula.
The benefits of breast milk are pretty much settled science.

I mean real settled science, not AGW "settled science." Direct, known, verified cause-and-effect nutritional and immunological benefits.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'm ashamed that our fellow Northern Germanics have allowed such a ludicrous thing as breastfeeding in parliament.

But parliament is a giant breast just watch the filthy little piglets growling and snorting and elbowing to get at the teats of the great mother of hinglish slobs.

Females don't make good warriors, and certainly don't make good politicians, so female children were often unwanted and were often disposed of accordingly.

On the topic of breastfeeding in parliament, it's a sign of the times. It reminds me of that scene in Johnny English Reborn when the spy Johnny English (Rowan Atkinson) returns to work as a spy after a few years to see everything in the spy headquarters has become "modern" - office workers doing yoga and their children playing in a big ball pit etc.

Females don't make good warriors,
Say that to a Kurdish girl packing an AK and she'd correct you the hard way.