Royal Couple given traditional Vancouver gift of artisanal fentanyl

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Even someone like me who couldn't care less thinks this is a lovely gesture

Royal Couple given traditional Vancouver gift of artisanal fentanyl

VANCOUVER – At the conclusion of William and Kate’s official state visit to the city, Mayor Gregor Robertson had the honour of presenting them with a symbolic present representing the sacred traditions of Vancouver: a large bottle of all natural, organic fentanyl pills.

“On behalf of all Vancouverites I wish to thank the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for gracing us with their presence,” said Robertson. “And, as a memento of your visit I would like to give you a small sample of that which we love most, a synthetic opiate with 80 times the potency of morphine.”

“May this gift help you forever remember your visit to our fine city. Or forget – it really depends on how it hits you.”

An addiction to Fentanyl, manufactured in China and illegally smuggled into Vancouver, has quickly become the defining characteristic of the west coast city, replacing smugness.

The royal couple seemed to be delighted with the offer.

“Oh thank you so much. We’ve been meaning to try extreme narcotics ever since we realized our lives are basically a series of purposeless ceremonial gatherings,” said Kate Middleton.

At press time Kate was trying to figure out how to sneak the pills into the UK by hiding them in the lining of her hat.

TAGS: CANADA, DRUGS, FENTANYL, JUSTIN TRUDEAU, KATE MIDDLETON, OPIOD, PRINCE HARRY, ROYAL FAMILY, SOPHIE GRÉGOIRE-TRUDEAU, VANCOUVER

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In the brim of the guy to her right. Never heard it from me.

Braids and some ribbons in her hair and she could skip right through customs anyplace in the world.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
To be seen and not eaten, and definitely to be kept out of reach of children.

And you most definitely don't want to forget that you have that on your person as you fly into Taipei airport while reading a warning sign that trafficking is a capital offence in Taiwan... Gulp, yikes.