Still More of Murphy's Medicine for the Mind

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Hey kids, guess what happened today, September 19th, 1957? The US blew up their first, all underground, nukey bomb. It was in Nevada at the Nevada Test Site. They dug a tunnel 900 feet (foots) underground and blew up a nukey bomb. It was said you could feel the tremors as far away as Alaska.

This picture isn't that particular bomb. It's another nukey test in Alamogordo, in the Newish Mexicos. I just thought you might like to see a pitcher.

Canada
That's pronounced Ca-Na-Da

On this day in 1954, a bunch of actors got together and formed the Canadian Actor's Equity, which they say was formed from RATS (yes, you read that right) The Radio Artists of Toronto Society. CAE represents professional artists. You know, stage folk - actors, singers, dancers, directors, choreographers, fight directors and stage managers in English Canada. It's still around, but...

In 1972, ACTRA the 1st was born. I guess the radio, television and movie folk wanted to be apart from the theatre types. It was another association of radio, television and stage people. ACTRA stood for "Association of Canadian Television and Radio Artists". I guess you can never have too many actor's unions, or associations...

ACTRA morphed again in 2003 and became ACTRA, but this time they were the "Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists".

If there's one thing that Canadian artists do well, it's to morph into other things. And no Canadian cares. Can you blame them? It's very confusing.

Thus, endth the lesson.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

If there's one thing that Canadian artists do well, it's to morph into other things.

They call that "method acting".