Back to school 2015: Is the end of homework near?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just listening to a big discussion C.B.C. radio. The parents today sound whinier than the kids used to be. Homework never killed us. I think the attitude toward homework is proportional to how successful the kid wants to be. Life's a bitch!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
When I was a kid it was the students who were afraid of parent/teacher interviews, now it's the teachers who are scared. Something just not right with that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When I was a kid it was the students who were afraid of parent/teacher interviews, now it's the teachers who are scared. Something just not right with that.

It's known as the f**king tail wagging the f**king dog! One woman being interviewed made me want to puke. "The kids don't have time to play or hang out and sometimes the home work is too hard for them". We don't need that crap. When we were kids we were told to "find a way". Personally I think homework can be over done, but say 4 hours a week isn't going to harm anyone, unless perhaps the kid is working 8 hours at night to support the family & then exceptions could be made.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Fik Homelywork
Mr and Mrs Smith, your little fleshbots are ready...
Good at math, and likes doing dishes, and vacuming, just like you asked...

Say,this month, we have a special on extra freckles and custom dimples....

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
coming from some one who was homeschooled behind the shed
that was mighty white of you

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Just listening to a big discussion C.B.C. radio. The parents today sound whinier than the kids used to be. Homework never killed us. I think the attitude toward homework is proportional to how successful the kid wants to be. Life's a bitch!
Don't talk, you barely did any homework yourself.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Don't talk, you barely did any homework yourself.

We averaged about one hour a night in high school, not to mention time we spent studying for exams. Of course unlike today we had to perform if we wanted to pass. Today they are just shunted along and some come out the other end illiterate.

Some of the best learning in life is done behind the woodshed

And then we still had to go back and do our homework. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I rarely did my homework at secondary school - even though we wrote what homework we had each day in homework diaries to remind us.

I think I got detention on my very first week at secondary school for not doing my homework.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What the parents are really saying is that helping the brats with homework is interfering with their lives.They pay teachers to do the teaching stuff.
Note to JLM- It is 2016.
Although if you were listening to CBC I can see why you may be confused about the year.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I rarely did my homework at secondary school - even though we wrote what homework we had each day in homework diaries to remind us.

I think I got detention on my very first week at secondary school for not doing my homework.

And you're proud of all that sh*t. I can see an intelligent person getting away with it but you needed all the homework you could get! The lack shows up in your ignorance.

What the parents are really saying is that helping the brats with homework is interfering with their lives.They pay teachers to do the teaching stuff.
Note to JLM- It is 2016.
Although if you were listening to CBC I can see why you may be confused about the year.

I'm well aware of the year (the month and the date) :) I'm also aware of the youth today, spending so much useless time on technical contraptions babbling a bunch of f**king nonsense. Half of them can't even see where they are going walking down the street. I know, I have a grand daughter guilty of all of it. To her credit she does spend some time at the gym and is in good physical shape.