Cops pepperspray 84 year old

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
One thing is certain, you have an 84 year old women with no gun or knife (you see her hands), and several officers with guns and baton!! They were clearly in danger and needed to abuse this old person.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It's what the cops are trained to do. They aren't trained in psychology or social work or how to deal with a situation through discussion. They are trained military style to use whatever force they have at their disposal to control the situation and then hide behind the blue line of silence and weak disciplinary policies for protection. There are a lot of decent people enter the police industry only to have any compassion or reasonability trained out them before they get to hit the streets.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's what the cops are trained to do. They aren't trained in psychology or social work or how to deal with a situation through discussion. They are trained military style to use whatever force they have at their disposal to control the situation and then hide behind the blue line of silence and weak disciplinary policies for protection. There are a lot of decent people enter the police industry only to have any compassion or reasonability trained out them before they get to hit the streets.

Good thing that they're on our side.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Until you happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Presumed innocent until proved guilty? What the hell is that spozta mean?

Better safe than sorry!

Spatter the little old lady.

She might be packing.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Not to forget to mention
Officers have a strong defensive response,due to previous encounters and the lingering effects of PTS or is it PST,
Always under threat
Even the chemical reasoning of the brain is effected therefore expectations takes a role in this
Constant reasoning with idiots is tiresome,and a seasoned well managed officer would know this,shift work,and the list goes on
Never watched the video,could not find it,but did enjoy the nude statue of Donald Trump
Education,recognizing the cognitive effects,problem solving is what is needed

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I suffer from it, though in my case it's transgenerational stress. Same thing as PTSD except passed on from parents.

It"s common among residential school survivors and their children, and police officers, fire-fighters, paramedics, soldiers and other such people and their children too.

You're right. It messes with the brain. In specific environments I have no control over my emotions, sudden adrenalin rush, fight or flight, increased heart rate and breathing, uncomfortable, panic attack. The worse I've ever done in such a state was break things like CD's. Oh, I forgot, and a couple self-harms that had landed me in hospital.

I can easily imagine how, under the right conditions, a police officer could kill a person while in such a state and have a very legitimate defence.

It's not like he could see it coming.

When it happens, it happens.

Thanks for mentioning this. Now that I think about it from a cop's point of view, there is no telling his state if mind at the time.

I'm just happy that in my case, such panick attacks are now few and far between and far less intense than they used to be. But some situations will still cause me to tense up and freeze emotionally.

That has certainly made me more sympathetic to addicts of sll kinds. Compulsive behaviour is an effective psychological escape mechanism from the sudden panick attack, but it's also a recipe for easy addiction if you're not careful. In my case for example, I can't deven drink alcohol.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Until you happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Presumed innocent until proved guilty? What the hell is that spozta mean?

Tasers and pepper spray don't distinguish between innocent and guilty....neither do the people using them.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I suffer from it, though in my case it's transgenerational stress. Same thing as PTSD except passed on from parents.

It"s common among residential school survivors and their children, and police officers, fire-fighters, paramedics, soldiers and other such people and their children too.

You're right. It messes with the brain. In specific environments I have no control over my emotions, sudden adrenalin rush, fight or flight, increased heart rate and breathing, uncomfortable, panic attack. The worse I've ever done in such a state was break things like CD's. Oh, I forgot, and a couple self-harms that had landed me in hospital.

I can easily imagine how, under the right conditions, a police officer could kill a person while in such a state and have a very legitimate defence.

It's not like he could see it coming.

When it happens, it happens.

Thanks for mentioning this. Now that I think about it from a cop's point of view, there is no telling his state if mind at the time.

I'm just happy that in my case, such panick attacks are now few and far between and far less intense than they used to be. But some situations will still cause me to tense up and freeze emotionally.

That has certainly made me more sympathetic to addicts of sll kinds. Compulsive behaviour is an effective psychological escape mechanism from the sudden panick attack, but it's also a recipe for easy addiction if you're not careful. In my case for example, I can't deven drink alcohol.
Wait...Let me get this...You have PTSD because your parents had PTSD? Is that really what you're claiming here. FFS no wonder we have such a f^cked up society if people are believing that kind of quackery. Get over yourself and stop making excuses.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Tasers and pepper spray don't distinguish between innocent and guilty....neither do the people using them.

Wait...Let me get this...You have PTSD because your parents had PTSD? Is that really what you're claiming here. FFS no wonder we have such a f^cked up society if people are believing that kind of quackery. Get over yourself and stop making excuses.

Read up on trans-grnrrational trauma.

Sometimes referred to as intergenerational trauma.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
No need to read anything...grew up on a farm...I can recognize total bullsh^t when I see it.

Sure...

I'm not excusing the police officers' actions entirely. PTSD was brought up and it's legitimate.

You know, with all the blood, gore, abuse, and other trauma you see on a farm, I'm sure you can relate.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Sure...

I'm not excusing the police officers' actions entirely. PTSD was brought up and it's legitimate.

You know, with all the blood, gore, abuse, and other trauma you see on a farm, I'm sure you can relate.

Cant relate at all. More likely to have it from my time in Bosnia or from almost dying in a major MVA a few years ago but I don't suffer from it. Guess some of us are just tougher and better equipped mentally....or we just aren't whining pu$$ies looking for excuses. However you want to look at it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Cant relate at all. More likely to have it from my time in Bosnia or from almost dying in a major MVA a few years ago but I don't suffer from it. Guess some of us are just tougher and better equipped mentally....or we just aren't whining pu$$ies looking for excuses. However you want to look at it.

However you want to look at it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Nah, I still say it's PMS. Because any cop that would pepper-spray an 84-year-old woman is a p*ssy.

[youtube]TQVRTfW0jqA[/youtube]

You might be right. I can't imagine my condition making ne soray an 84-year-old woman, but it has made me do things people would't understand, so I figured who knows, could a particular situation cause a cop to do this beyond his control?

But I don't know the details and it should be investigated.