Jane Philpot- should she be jettisoned?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The woman is deliberately being thick! Or her medical degree isn't valid. I think she has a vague grasp of the value of money. Justin should deep six her before she goes through his $30 billion l all by herself!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The woman is deliberately being thick! Or her medical degree isn't valid. I think she has a vague grasp of the value of money. Justin should deep six her before she goes through his $30 billion l all by herself!

Forking out $1700 a day of taxpayers money to get driven around town! F**k, she could probably ride the bus all day for a $20 bill! :)

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
My question is what kind of friend (and the owner of the Lexus is Philpot's BFF!!) charges $ 1,700 for 1 fuc&%ing day of driving around. Even at 10 hours, it still would be $170/ hour. Yikes, poor tax payers. Seems like another punch in the face, hearing this on the radio; on my way to work, where it takes many many hours to earn $1,700.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Forking out $1700 a day of taxpayers money to get driven around town! F**k, she could probably ride the bus all day for a $20 bill! :)

Oh like she is low enough to ride the bus with the commoners.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
It was actually 2-days, the first day was $1,700 and the second day was a tiny bit more $ 1,900, who's going to notice!! She now wants to keep her job and pay back the $3, 700. I would just call my BFF and tell her that a $170+ per hour rental was too much and to give me back the overcharged amount of $ 2,900?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was actually 2-days, the first day was $1,700 and the second day was a tiny bit more $ 1,900, who's going to notice!! She now wants to keep her job and pay back the $3, 700. I would just call my BFF and tell her that a $170+ per hour rental was too much and to give me back the overcharged amount of $ 2,900?

Yep, the woman may be a professional, but pertaining to matters of common sense and social deportment she is an idiot!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They should be allowed to charge whatever the f**k they like, Ger.

But, you guys are complaining about how much this limo service charged. 170 per hour has been mentioned. So, if they can charge whatever they want, what's the fuss about?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But, you guys are complaining about how much this limo service charged. 170 per hour has been mentioned. So, if they can charge whatever they want, what's the fuss about?

Negative, I was complaining about her thinking it's perfectly alright to book a limousine on the taxpayers' dime.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Hey - don't 'cha know their "pot" is always full....(of taxpayer's money) which they feel they deserve to spend in anyway they want. They're "entitled". And, eventually, the "fuss" will go away and they'll resume their "bad" habits.

Us peons are limited in what we can spend and, more importantly, have short memories which is why they are able to get away with crap like this. There's really no consequences for their actions; so they "pay back" a portion and, as someone commented earlier here, who knows where those funds came from (????).

It's disgusting that there are no moral qualms at all about any of this for those who achieve power.

JMHO

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hey - don't 'cha know their "pot" is always full....(of taxpayer's money) which they feel they deserve to spend in anyway they want. They're "entitled". And, eventually, the "fuss" will go away and they'll resume their "bad" habits.

Us peons are limited in what we can spend and, more importantly, have short memories which is why they are able to get away with crap like this. There's really no consequences for their actions; so they "pay back" a portion and, as someone commented earlier here, who knows where those funds came from (????).

It's disgusting that there are no moral qualms at all about any of this for those who achieve power.

JMHO

Yes, Dixie and it was exactly that attitude and philosophy that put us $400 billion in debt under Trudeau Sr. and Lyin' Brian!

But, hey, there's $30 billion in the pot to be pissed away and only 6 more months to do it!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
There is, and has been for a long time, a pervasive attitude among people with their hands in the public purse, be it employee, contractor or elected official, that government money is easy money. If our elected officials can't show a little thrift how is the message going to get through to the rest of them?

It's called "public service" for a good reason, it's not called "public privilege".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I thought it was something new like not dropping the restrictions around safe injection sites that Libs deemed a "death sentence" for junkies.

Ah well, they are just junkies anyway.

One of the problems we have today is Political correctness isn't necessarily compatible with "Survival of the Fittest".