Earls asks ranchers for forgiveness for 'dumb decision'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
They express regret.

still reeks of snackbar

A villain of the Canadian beef industry a few months ago, Earls president Mo Jessa was blunt as he took the stage in front of hundreds of ranchers Wednesday morning.

"We need to talk about what is likely on everybody's mind — why did I even show up?" he said to laughter.

The Vancouver-based restaurant chain came under fire when it announced it would start sourcing its beef from an American ranch accredited by the non-profit group Humane Farm Animal Care. After sales plunged by 30 per cent at some locations, Earls said sorry and put Canadian beef back on the menu.

In hindsight, Jessa simply called it a "dumb decision" to not even consult with the farmers in Canada.

"I am asking for your forgiveness and allow me the chance to work with the industry," he said at the Canadian Beef Industry Conference in Calgary.

SDA Gets Results!

By Kate on August 11, 2016 9:52 AM | 22 Comments
The Vancouver-based restaurant chain came under fire when it announced it would start sourcing its beef from an American ranch accredited by the non-profit group Humane Farm Animal Care. After sales plunged by 30 per cent at some locations, Earls said sorry and put Canadian beef back on the menu.
Nice. So CBC and owner Mohammad Jessa make the issue out to be Canadian beef vs American and humane butchering instead of the issue being about Halal.

So Mohammad is getting his Earl's restaurants a Canadian Halal supplier.

I don't see that as a win.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/earls-beef-timhortons-sustainable-1.3715275

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The halal way to slaughter animals is not humane and has been banned in some countries ...

Not to worry they don't actualy slaughter the animal in this clip...
I doubt that the animal would stay quiet when the throat is cut, although When they cut the windpipe too he can't make a sound.
Probably why they don't eat pork, you can't hold them still without them squealing....

[youtube]ldc4jEyxPy8[/youtube]

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Earl is 'disappointed' because he was caught, he's not sorry. Come on man, the ranchers know!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Did I hear on the news a month or so ago that Earl's is going to start adding a mandatory tip of 16% to the bill? Way to go Earl, that will ensure customers are beating down your door to get in. You'll do a lot better financially if you just cut your current prices by 10%. People like to have discretion on how to spend their money. I ate at your crummy f**king restaurant about 6 years ago and haven't been back!

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The halal way to slaughter animals is not humane and has been banned in some countries ...

Not to worry they don't actualy slaughter the animal in this clip...
I doubt that the animal would stay quiet when the throat is cut, although When they cut the windpipe too he can't make a sound.
Probably why they don't eat pork, you can't hold them still without them squealing....

[youtube]ldc4jEyxPy8[/youtube]

Actually, this method of killing the animal can be very effective if done right. First of all the knife must be extremely sharp and the individual who leads the animal must treat it with kindness and dignity before death. A friend of mine explained the process and I would say that it is far better then prodding them into a slaughterhouse with the other animals in complete terror.