Student cleared of being getaway driver in Charlie Hebdo attack 'tries to join ISIS'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Student who was cleared of being getaway driver in Charlie Hebdo attacks is arrested as he 'tries to join Islamic State in Syria'

• Hamyd Mourad thought to have been getaway driver during massacre
  • Classmates provided him with alibi and said he was in school at the time
  • Was cleared of being the ‘third man’ in the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack
  • Last week Mourad was intercepted in Turkey’ trying to join Isis in Syria

A student who was cleared of being the ‘third man’ in the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack in France has now been arrested for allegedly trying to join Islamic State.

Hamyd Mourad, 20, was originally thought to have been the getaway driver when two Al-Qaeda operatives massacred 12 people around the Paris offices of the satirical magazine in January 2015.

There was a huge campaign aimed at releasing Hamyd, who was then a teenager, with classmates eventually providing an alibi then led to him being released without charge.

+3

Hamyd Mourad, 20, was originally thought to have been the getaway driver when two Al-Qaeda operatives massacred 12 people around the Paris offices of the satirical magazine

Read more: Student cleared of Charlie Hebdo attack 'tries to join ISIS' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

some of you meatheads might not remember the whole charlie hebdo thing so try google. ;)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
With a name like Hamyd Mourad, he must be guilty. Make him stand trial to determine his religion, then we'll know if he's guilty or not.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Another lone wolf , I wonder how he got radicalized ?

With a name like Hamyd Mourad, he must be guilty. Make him stand trial to determine his religion, then we'll know if he's guilty or not.
I believe and correct me if I am wrong , In France one is presumed guilty until he proves his innocence .