Newfoundland cod fisherman reels in 2-metre shark

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Tuesday, July 5, 2016, 6:52 PM - Jim Mansfield and his buddies went fishing for cod off Newfoundland's Trinity Bay over the weekend, but they ended up with something much bigger.
"It came up, all white first, actually. And then he rolled over and came to the surface and made a beeline for the side of the boat, and I said yep, that's a shark," Mansfield told the CBC, adding the shark was around 2 metres long.
"It was just doing head thrashes, and it was snapping at the boat, it was chomping on the water. It was not a happy camper."
Mansfield wasn't impressed either: The shark was locked onto Mansfield's favourite hook, which was made by his father who passed away 15 years ago.
They didn't want to risk putting the shark on board to get the hook so a friend used a small hand gaff to try and unlatch it. Fortunately, the hook was just tacked to the side of the shark's mouth.

More:https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...d-cod-fisherman-reels-lin-2-metre-shark/69746

I once caught a smaller shark (a bit less than a metre) in Chaleur Bay N.B. jigging for cod on my brother in law's fishing boat...
My brother in law decided to keep it for a neighbour who loved shark meat..
It was good for a couple of beers from that neighbour, when we brought it over :lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Global Warming.. water is getting warmer in the North Atlantic, so sharks are moving north..

Enjoy your swim off the shores of PEI in Cavendish Provincial Park.