I have a bridge for sale

justfred99

Nominee Member
Aug 2, 2015
North America
What I see is that the lawyer has just hit the jackpot. The lawyer has been milking the system for some 3 years now, building a defence case on the hopes that he will be found innocent. If he is found guilty, the Brian Barish can then start the appeal process that can last for years, all on the tax payers dime, all paid by legal aid. Should Travis be found not guilty, the lawyer will still be able to defend Travis for life, because Travis will always be in trouble. Travis will never be able to pay his lawyer because it will find it difficult to fine employment, but he does not have to pay the lawyer, the tax payer keeps paying. Sounds like i and all of the tax payers in Alberta are at fault for any and all of Travis's crimes, and that includes Auntie Rachel and al of the NDP. Fault can be interpreted to those who pay for the crimes.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"On Wednesday, prosecutor Ashley Finlayson acknowledged the Crown's case was circumstantial. "
from the OP
So its both lawyers really.

While I know little of this case, I have seen the crookedness of the "criminal" justice system, and the government in general, firsthand. While I hope they nail the guilty, I hope he is actually guilty.

Playing devils advocate, in the Just a for instance dept:
We have a case locally where an officer is charged...his son is the alleged criminal, the cop is said to have attempted to engineer things to incriminate others for what appears to have been done by his son...