Envoy asks Trudeau to recognize Palestinian sovereignty

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Envoy asks Trudeau to recognize Palestinian sovereignty

The Palestinians’ top diplomat in Ottawa has urged Justin Trudeau’s new Liberal government to formally recognize Palestine as a country, and return to Canada’s previously balanced position on the Middle East.

“We hope this new government will join the international community and recognize the state of Palestine,” Palestinian chargé d’affaires Hamdi Abu Ali said Thursday. “We are confident that Canada will start to see us as a people who want to join other nations in having their own independence and their own sovereignty.”

Relations between the Palestinians and Canada have been strained throughout the past decade, as the Conservative government’s unapologetically staunch support for Israel often put it at odds with Palestinian interests and concerns.

That included having Canada be one of only nine countries to oppose a symbolic UN motion recognizing Palestine’s statehood in 2012, and refusing to condemn Israel for building on territory largely recognized as belonging to the Palestinians. Most of the world considers such construction illegal.

In an exclusive interview with the Citizen, Abu Ali said Palestinians are hoping the arrival of a new Liberal government will turn the page on that chapter, and usher in a return to previous eras of co-operation and mutual respect between the two sides.

In one of his first speeches as prime minister-designate, Trudeau signalled to Canadians and the international community that Canada was “back” after a decade in which it had “lost its compassion and constructive voice in the world.” Abu Ali said that message offered hope to Palestinians.

“I hope he meant Canada will come back to really support those people living in fear, those people living in problem and those who need help,” the Palestinian diplomat said. “We see Canada as a strong nation that can offer its hand to us and help us from the problem we are in, not to push us back.”

Abu Ali said there are some concrete actions the new government can take to signal Canada’s change of heart. Those include clarity on if it views Israeli construction in the West Bank as illegal, and sending peacekeepers to defuse the wave of violence that has swept Jerusalem and the West Bank. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas asked the UN for such an intervention this week.

But what the Palestinians really want is formal recognition of the state of Palestine. While Canada’s longstanding position is that such recognition should only come after a negotiated peace between Israel and the Palestinians, Abu Ali said Palestinians now believe such peace talks are officially dead.

Abu Ali blamed the recent violence, which has seen Palestinians randomly attack and kill 11 Israelis, and Israeli security forces killing 62 Palestinian assailants as well as protesters, as an expression of frustration over the stalled peace process. “It is basically an expression of no hope,” he said.

There are currently 136 countries that formally recognize the state of Palestine, with North America and Western Europe being the major holdouts. But one of the most recent countries to do so was Sweden, which hoped to empower moderate Palestinians and force Israel back to the table.

“Our hope is that Canada will see that we are a country, that we are a people who deserve a country,” Abu Ali said. “Our hope is the new Canadian government will recognize our rights as a nation. We hope the new Canadian government will give the Palestinians some sort of recognition, or full recognition.”

Trudeau has not said much about Palestine or the Middle East. During the election campaign’s only foreign policy debate, the Liberal leader said his biggest disagreement with the Conservative government’s position was it had “made support for Israel a domestic political football when all three (parties) support Israel.”

In March, he criticized a campaign on university campuses that encourages Canadians to boycott goods and services that come from Israeli companies based in the West Bank and other places claimed by the Palestinians. The United Church supported this boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign in October 2012.

Abu Ali said Canada’s three main parties have been clear on their support for Israel, particularly its right to exist. “We understand that,” he said. “What is missing, and what is not clear is their position on us. And that’s what we care about. We want to know: How do you see us?”

Envoy asks Trudeau to recognize Palestinian sovereignty | Ottawa Citizen

Here is another surprise and turn... Palestinian sovereignty should be granted..

But because I now like the idea, MegaButtHurtz will now be against it.. :roll:

Go Trudeau!! :canada:

Make Canada Great Again!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Palestine is little more than a no mans land full of terrorists. After they clean up their act, establish a democratic system of government and quit lobbing bombs into Israel then maybe we will recognize them as a country.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Bombs go boom when they land, the ones coming from Gaza don't have any explosives in them. How much of a retard do you have to be to not know that fact?

Hamas rocket damage.

Israel bomb damage

Please note the differences you dumb fu*k. BTW who the fu*k is 'we' you Jew toy.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Bombs go boom when they land, the ones coming from Gaza don't have any explosives in them. How much of a retard do you have to be to not know that fact?

Hamas rocket damage.

Israel bomb damage

Please note the differences you dumb fu*k. BTW who the fu*k is 'we' you Jew toy.

WE is the citizens of Canada. Terrorist sympathizers do not get to voice an opinion on this.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
WE is the citizens of Canada. Terrorist sympathizers do not get to voice an opinion on this.

I had the good fortune to travel the area this summer...

The Palestinian people deserve the right to their own homeland.. I saw some of the destruction first hand..

Maybe if they had their own homeland and government, they might stop the terrorism.. one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.. Just Say'in.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

The Palestinian people deserve the right to their own homeland.. I saw some of the destruction first hand..

Maybe if they had their own homeland and government, they might stop the terrorism.. one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.. Just Say'in.

I guess your right, at least then they would have their own land to execute gay's publicly in and woudnt need to kill ours.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
yeah, like the hard line Israelis aren't anti-Gay either. Palestine has Gays living their..

Dose Isreal have government sanctioned public gay executions like the 52 muslime countries?

53 soon with Palestine.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Dose Isreal have government sanctioned public gay executions like the 52 muslime countries?

53 soon with Palestine.
Stop faking like you care about LGBT rights so you use it as justification for further Muslim bashing.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"The Paris attacks occurred shortly after France announced that they intended to officially recognize Palestine as its own sovereign state. Netanyahu had ominously warned France that they were making a “grave mistake” in making their decision shortly before the Charlie Hebdo attacks and Paris shootings in the months following.

Is it a coincidence that Brussels has become the latest victim of a terrorist attack by ISIS militants shortly before their parliament was also due to vote on whether or not to officially recognise Palestine?"
After France, Belgium Were Next In Line To Recognise Palestine | Your News Wire

I'm more worried about Canadians

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Dream on. After the actions of the Harper government, unfortunately I think that will be a ways down the road that Canada recognizes anything to do with Palestine.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

How often you been back since you were a cabbie in Calif?? Get some new orders?? Doh, lol

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Oslo was what, over 20 years ago? What have they been doing all this time? All they had to do was negotiate the final give and take of 1% or so of their piece of Judea and Samaria and they would have had a state a long time ago. Same with Gaza, they spend all their Billions of aid money on building tunnels and killing Jews. The only reason the Arabs don't have a second and third state in Palestine is because of the Arab leadership (Jordan is the first Arab Palestinian state).

Not anywhere near as much of a retard that you have to be to keep firing rockets without explosives at Israel. That's the Darwin award of the century right there. You gotta be some special kind of stupid to keep doing that, over and over and over, over 20,000 times over 15 years. The only thing stupider is continuing to send money to finance this pathetic jew killing enterprise.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
How often you been back since you were a cabbie in Calif?? Get some new orders?? Doh, lol

Well that makes no sense, as usual.. Must be the meds eh?

I was a cabbie 20 years ago, when I lived down their as a illegal ;) .. and before I married a US citizen, my ticket to legalization.

I live in Calgary now, and when I was absent from this forum a while back I was travelling around in Europe and the Middle East. I also visited my folks for a spell in Ontario.. It's amazing visiting other cultures how it changes your view of the world and people..

Really Canadians don't really know how lucky we are... if I never returned to the USA, I could care less... a reversal to the way I thought 20 some years ago..

Also being that you're just a stupid troll MHZ, this will be the last civil reply I ever give you... because you're just like Trump a Racist idiot, you just don't like Jews..

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Funny I never see a proper rebutal of facts cited from people like the anti zionist Jews, just people screaming
jew hate jew hate jew hate...
Which when you agree with a group of jews who also don't agree with zionism is absurd right there
agreeing with some Jews means you hate jews
wow...just wow

The fact that every dime the US sends to nuclear non NNPR Israel is illegal for example:
rebutal from pro Zionists:
jew hate
( say, isn't that a fine example of a love of christian US HATE? )

If I have to point out that's completely irrational, and I do, there ain't much point in pointing that out

Countries like France and Belgum KNOW what its like to be invaded by NAZIs so I suppose that has something to do with them recognising the palistinians...
Funny thing: they then get attacked by ISIS which we know for certain is run both by the US and Israel:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/isis-is-a-us-israeli-creation-top-ten-indications/5518627

now stay tuned for the jew hate rebutals

Last edited:

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
We need to bow to no one, and stay away from this one. In the end, we will be spit upon and our flag burned.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I was a cabbie 20 years ago, when I lived down their as a illegal ;) .. and before I married a US citizen, my ticket to legalization.

I live in Calgary now, and when I was absent from this forum a while back I was travelling around in Europe and the Middle East. I also visited my folks for a spell in Ontario.. It's amazing visiting other cultures how it changes your view of the world and people..

Really Canadians don't really know how lucky we are... if I never returned to the USA, I could care less... a reversal to the way I thought 20 some years ago..

Also being that you're just a stupid troll MHZ, this will be the last civil reply I ever give you... because you're just like Trump a Racist idiot, you just don't like Jews..
But you are going to cast a vote in their upcoming election .

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Oslo was what, over 20 years ago? What have they been doing all this time? All they had to do was negotiate the final give and take of 1% or so of their piece of Judea and Samaria and they would have had a state a long time ago. Same with Gaza, they spend all their Billions of aid money on building tunnels and killing Jews. The only reason the Arabs don't have a second and third state in Palestine is because of the Arab leadership (Jordan is the first Arab Palestinian state).

Not anywhere near as much of a retard that you have to be to keep firing rockets without explosives at Israel. That's the Darwin award of the century right there. You gotta be some special kind of stupid to keep doing that, over and over and over, over 20,000 times over 15 years. The only thing stupider is continuing to send money to finance this pathetic jew killing enterprise.
You would still get the award as you actually believe those reports when 99,9999% are published by Israel with no actual documentation that support the wild claims. You should also be questioning why they also happen just as Israel announces an upgrade to the iron dome. If the first one wasn't a big enough clue then the 2nd one that was a longer range rocket for both sides and again Hamas forgot to attach a working war-head.
There ya go, your qualification for the very reward you mentioned.

Former Israeli Supreme Court Justice: Israel Fabricated Rocket-Fire to Launch Deif Assassination – Tikun Olam תיקון עולם

Aangirfan: HAMAS ROCKETS HOAX

Are the Palestinian rocket attacks a false flag?

I'm quite sane on meds or off meds, you are insane all the time.

Is that supposed to be admired or something??

So should I expect to see more threads celebrating Palestinian children being blown to sh*t by Israel or less?

I'll bet they thought you were as big of an as*hole as I do and they would have been happy to see you leave. Do you think the board missed you at all during your 'time away'. I don't recall anybody mentioning you at all.

That would certainly apply to you and the board is clearly pro-Israel no matter what kind of sh*t they are pulling. That makes you part of the problem rather than being part of the solution.
Do you really think I give a flying fu*k what you do or don't do. All your threads do is show how biased you are at the expense of many people, a lot more than the supposed 6M Jews in WWII.
You just watch the kind of attention I will now be posting on your various threads. Cry to the mods all you want as you prove you are a bigger troll than I am, bigger is not better and we both know that is a fact. Happy trails dirt-bag.